X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

Clump's Mock Draft on KFFL

Yep, I'm at it again. I'm the Bills and Falcons GMs on KFFL.

Link to the mock draft (I'm rabal there):

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.

Bills:

First move was to trade DT Ron Edwards to the Packers for a swap of 4th rd picks. (Thought process: I was going to use the higher 4th rd pick to move up in rd 2 and grab DT Kevin Williams, but his recent move up the draft boards and the pub surrounding him made him a certain 1st rd pick), so I traded down in rd 2 (#2,#4 for #2 and #3) because I expected to get 1 of 3 players: LB Bradie James, DT Jarret Johnson, or DL Kenny Peterson. All 3 were selected just before my pick. At that point (#56), I didn't really like the value of the defensive players available, thus I chose in rd 2: TE/WR Teyo Johnson from Stanford Why? Well, he's been compared to Tony Gonzalez. He's strictly a receiving TE and can be split out wide to create mis-matches. The expected loss of Peerless Price and Jay Riemersma and the way the mock draft played out, this selection represents solid value in rd 2. In rd 3 (#79), I was hoping for LB Mario Haggan, DL Nick Eason, or DT Colin Cole to be available but again all were selected. I then decided that LB Eddie Strong from Ole Miss was the best value at that point and also felt that he would not make it to my next pick in rd 3 (#91). Strong is a versatile LB who can play MLB and can also project to SOLB. He can also add speed to special teams. At #91, I was targeting DT Kenny King from Alabama and he was there. Again, versatility plays apart of my draft strategy as King can play both DT and DE. Because of the previous trade, I have no 4th rd pick, so I have to wait until the 5th rd. I'll look at S and interior OL but won't pass up the best player available at whatever position it may be.

In the 5th rd, I selected C Bruce Nelson from Iowa. He was an all-Big Ten performer. He has the size and strength to handle the bigger DTs and he's simply a football player.

Traded 6th rd pick to Atlanta for 6th & 7th rd picks

Recap:

2-TE/WR Teyo Johnson(Stanford)
    3-LB Eddie Strong(Mississippi)
    3-DT Kenny King(Alabama)
    5-C Bruce Nelson(Iowa)
    6-FS Hanik Milligan(Houston)
    7-DE Dan Rumishek(Michigan)
    7-RB Antoineo Harris(Illinois)

• venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Honestly, i think we will need to fix our LB/DT problem Through FA. I think picking Teyo was a great pick up, and i am hoping the bills do the same in the real draft. He is a stud at 6'7 240. He has hands of glue, and he can block to boot. He could very well be our long term solution to out TE problem.

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

Did i mention he played basketball too(ala T-Gon)

Comment

• clumping platelets

Now you have

FA really will determine the draft. If TD, et al are able to get the players they want (of those really available), then the draft can be used for depth(to better handle FA losses and injuries) and upgrade team speed. Bills are in the position to draft the best player available because, outside of QB, OT, & P, we can add depth anywhere, of course assuming that FA answers many of the needs :)

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

"falcons trade their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for Watson"

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by venis2k1
            "falcons trade their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for Watson"

I'd be happy with just a 3rd

Comment

• Billsouth
              • Jul 2002

you sure know a lot about the upcoming draft entries. it is very impressive!! keep up the good work and you should end up on espn instead of mel kiper. wouldnt it be nice to have someone cover the bills on draft day.
              "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

It never falls the way you predict, in the mocks or in the real deal. That's why you've got to have an encyclopedic mind so that when the guys you targeted get picked just ahead of you, you know who is a good value in their stead. Good work, Clump. I would say in general the Bills management is about as well prepared as anyone for the unexpected twists and turns of the real draft.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• MelK
                  Working Incognito
                  • Dec 2002

Re: Clump's Mock Draft on KFFL

Originally posted by clumping platelets

Bills:

First move was to trade DT Ron Edwards to the Packers for a swap of 4th rd picks. (Thought process: I was going to use the higher 4th rd pick to move up in rd 2 and grab DT Kevin Williams, but his recent move up the draft boards and the pub surrounding him made him a certain 1st rd pick), so I traded down in rd 2 (#2,#4 for #2 and #3) because I expected to get 1 of 3 players: LB Bradie James, DT Jarret Johnson, or DL Kenny Peterson. All 3 were selected just before my pick. At that point (#56), I didn't really like the value of the defensive players available, thus I chose in rd 2: TE/WR Teyo Johnson from Stanford Why? Well, he's been compared to Tony Gonzalez. He's strictly a receiving TE and can be split out wide to create mis-matches. The expected loss of Peerless Price and Jay Riemersma and the way the mock draft played out, this selection represents solid value in rd 2. In rd 3 (#79), I was hoping for LB Mario Haggan, DL Nick Eason, or DT Colin Cole to be available but again all were selected. I then decided that LB Eddie Strong from Ole Miss was the best value at that point and also felt that he would not make it to my next pick in rd 3 (#91). Strong is a versatile LB who can play MLB and can also project to SOLB. He can also add speed to special teams. At #91, I was targeting DT Kenny King from Alabama and he was there. Again, versatility plays apart of my draft strategy as King can play both DT and DE. Because of the previous trade, I have no 4th rd pick, so I have to wait until the 5th rd. I'll look at S and interior OL but won't pass up the best player available at whatever position it may be.

Recap:

2-TE/WR Teyo Johnson(Stanford)
                  3-LB Eddie Strong(Mississippi)
                  3-DT Kenny King(Alabama)
                  5-later this weekend
                  6-
                  7-

I'm not sold on your trades with the "hope" of getting a particular player - I think you jumped the gun.

The Bills made a lot of hay in the 2001 draft because they had a number of players they liked available when it was their turn to draft- thus the trade of the #1 pick to TB for their #1 and #2.

You traded a DL and picks to move up only to be dissapointed they were all gone. I would have waited to deal with a team who was on the clock to move up and get your guy.

Seattle got burned at the last draft trading up hoping to get TE Graham, only to get the rug pulled out from under them. The TE they drafted probably would have fell to them anyway and they would still have the pick they dealt to move up.

Comment

• MelK
                    Working Incognito
                    • Dec 2002

In the end, you lost a player and did not fill the position you wanted.

Comment

• clumping platelets

My third rd pick replaces Edwards. I moved up in rd 4 to better position myself for an opportunity at moving up in rd 2. When Kevin Williams was selected, I didn't trade my 2nd rd pick until the players I wanted were gone. I waited until I was "on the clock" to trade down.

Comment

• clumping platelets

5th rd

C Bruce Nelson from Iowa

see 1st post for details

Comment

• clumping platelets

traded Bills 6th rd pick to Atlanta for their 6th & 7th :)

Comment

• Aero II
                            RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                            • Jul 2002

It must be nice to have that kind of relationship with the Atlanta GM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Kenny King has dropped some because he hasn't been that impressive in the bowl season. Do you think he can upgrade the Bills at all, CP?
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X