PDA

View Full Version : ralph wilson is he truly yiddish?

djjimkelly
01-18-2006, 03:39 PM
i know everyone keeps saying ralph is cheap on boards, WGR keeps saying it, that hub arkush rolled with it in interview. however i beg to differ.

wasnt jim kelly the high paid player in league for a few years in the 90's when there was no cap?

also, wasnt bruce smith also the highest paid player in nfl during the mid 90's then someone got paid more, and ralph bumped up bruces pay.

this was all in a non salary cap era and we had the 2 highest paid players for most of the last few years of non cap NFL. so i dont think he is cheap we have just hired a bunch of BUMS as coach and GM who didnt command a good pay!

deathadder
01-18-2006, 03:44 PM
He is not cheap towards players. He is cheap towards the coaches. If you look at the previous coaches we had, you will see why he is consideredc cheap. Both Williams and MM were the lowest paid coaches in the entire NFL. In fact, only Tice was paid lower than Mularkey before he got fired.

EDS
01-18-2006, 04:03 PM
How does being "yiddish" make him cheap? Sounds like a Hillaryism.

Ebenezer
01-18-2006, 04:14 PM
he has a long history of doing things on the cheap going back to the 70s. he forked out lots of money during the later part of Polian's time here and the Butler years but otherwise he is a cheapo.

EDS
01-18-2006, 04:54 PM
That doesn't explain why the original poster used the term "yiddish." Yiddish is a language!

chernobylwraiths
01-18-2006, 04:57 PM
He is not cheap towards players. He is cheap towards the coaches. If you look at the previous coaches we had, you will see why he is consideredc cheap. Both Williams and MM were the lowest paid coaches in the entire NFL. In fact, only Tice was paid lower than Mularkey before he got fired.

:confused:

Michael82
01-18-2006, 07:16 PM
If he pays the $2.5-$3 million a year that it's going to cost to bring in Mike Sherman here, i hope people stop it with the cheap comments. It would definitely be deserved.

X-Era
01-18-2006, 07:19 PM
i know everyone keeps saying ralph is cheap on boards, WGR keeps saying it, that hub arkush rolled with it in interview. however i beg to differ.

wasnt jim kelly the high paid player in league for a few years in the 90's when there was no cap?

also, wasnt bruce smith also the highest paid player in nfl during the mid 90's then someone got paid more, and ralph bumped up bruces pay.

this was all in a non salary cap era and we had the 2 highest paid players for most of the last few years of non cap NFL. so i dont think he is cheap we have just hired a bunch of BUMS as coach and GM who didnt command a good pay!

Hes a filthy Heeb. Who frikkin cares? Ralph came out and admitted that TD ran the show completely, he said he had NO idea what players were getting and what the coaches were getting. Its ridiculous to think hes cheap.

X-Era
01-18-2006, 07:20 PM
If he pays the $2.5-$3 million a year that it's going to cost to bring in Mike Sherman here, i hope people stop it with the cheap comments. It would definitely be deserved.

Yeah, wasnt he the exact same guy who wrote the ridiculous checks to Holecek, Irvin, and Rogers?

But NOW hes cheap?

TD was the cheap clown, and guess what, he can spend his days at Salvo shopping for bargain basement clothes instead of his pathetic shopping in FA.

HHURRICANE
01-18-2006, 07:22 PM

I'll be the first. But until than he is Mr. Cheapo. Signing MM was moronic.

Michael82
01-18-2006, 07:29 PM
I'll be the first. But until than he is Mr. Cheapo. Signing MM was moronic.
TD signed MM. Ralph just sat by and watched TD flush his team down the crapper.

Michael82
01-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah, wasnt he the exact same guy who wrote the ridiculous checks to Holecek, Irvin, and Rogers?

But NOW hes cheap?

TD was the cheap clown, and guess what, he can spend his days at Salvo shopping for bargain basement clothes instead of his pathetic shopping in FA.
It seems that Ralph has always been cheap on head coaches and staff. It's the players where he spends the money. Maybe he realizes, from Marv's help that he needs to start spending money on the coaches and not just the players. It's about time. :up: