PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Sherman is in!

SpillerThrills
01-18-2006, 05:38 PM
it was reported on another board, by a privaleged individual that Mike Sherman will be hired by weeks end.... sounds like a 4 year deal worth 3.25 mill per year. word has it there was a bit of a power struggle, sounds like it was over JP getting the the starting job going in.... I think if this is done that assistants to be brought in shortly after.

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2006, 05:41 PM
good source

Mr. Cynical
01-18-2006, 05:53 PM
good source

:lmao:

Ferrygoat
01-18-2006, 06:01 PM
You never know....they originally said Haslett was the leading canidate for the bills job, then they said it was jauron. They also said that Haslett was the leading canidate for the Lions job, sounds like to me these people are just guessing about the coaching jobs available

Dicknoze69
01-18-2006, 06:04 PM
I think with TD leaving, most of the 'sources' inside OBD have dried up. He gave out information to his ESPN buddies, but with him gone, there's no insider anymore.

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 06:13 PM
If the Bills really want Sherman, they won't let him leave without dropping an offer on the table.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2006, 06:24 PM
it was reported on another board, by a privaleged individual that Mike Sherman will be hired by weeks end.... sounds like a 4 year deal worth 3.25 mill per year. word has it there was a bit of a power struggle, sounds like it was over JP getting the the starting job going in.... I think if this is done that assistants to be brought in shortly after.

Can you be a little more clear about the Power Struggle and JP bit?

With whom was this battle struggle between?

I hope this was a referrence to the old regime, and not between Sherman and our front office quarreling over what to do with JP.

Gunzlingr
01-18-2006, 06:29 PM
was this on that New England AM radio station?

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 06:30 PM
was this on that New England AM radio station?

:rofl:

Michael82
01-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Can you be a little more clear about the Power Struggle and JP bit?

With whom was this battle struggle between?

I hope this was a referrence to the old regime, and not between Sherman and our front office quarreling over what to do with JP.
I think that Marv wants to have a QB competition. And Mike Sherman wants to hand the job to JP Losman right away. He's really in love with JP Losman and thinks he's the next Favre. And I love that soo much!!! :up: :up:

We might get a coach that won't screw with his rookie QB's mind and be indecisive. He won't bench JP and start Holcomb. That's EXCELLENT news IMO. :bf1:

HHURRICANE
01-18-2006, 07:17 PM
I think that Marv wants to have a QB competition. And Mike Sherman wants to hand the job to JP Losman right away. He's really in love with JP Losman and thinks he's the next Favre. And I love that soo much!!! :up: :up:

We might get a coach that won't screw with his rookie QB's mind and be indecisive. He won't bench JP and start Holcomb. That's EXCELLENT news IMO. :bf1:

This is right on. However, I'm hearing cheap **** Ralph is whining. Jauron will come in alot cheaper. Sherman, Haslett, but not Jauron. No way!! Sherman will make Losamn a winner!!!

Novacane
01-18-2006, 07:22 PM
it was reported on another board, by a privaleged individual that Mike Sherman will be hired by weeks end.... sounds like a 4 year deal worth 3.25 mill per year. .

There is no way in hell Ralph is going to pay a coach 3.25 mill per year

AndreReed83
01-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I know Ralph has a history of being cheap with coaches and 3.25 seems like an awful for any coach he hires, but does Sherman, Haslett, OR Jauron deserve 3.25 million?

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:27 PM

First off Marv HATES QB competition. He is the guy who said 'If you have two guys battleing it out, then you don't have one STARTER'. I bet it is old Ralph that wants a better Veteran QB in here (one better than holcomb).

I said from the begining, Sherman = JP starts and end of discussion. And that is how it is and should be. You hand the man the job then support his butt!

HHURRICANE
01-18-2006, 07:34 PM
First off Marv HATES QB competition. He is the guy who said 'If you have two guys battleing it out, then you don't have one STARTER'. I bet it is old Ralph that wants a better Veteran QB in here (one better than holcomb).

I said from the begining, Sherman = JP starts and end of discussion. And that is how it is and should be. You hand the man the job then support his butt!

Ice you are becoming my favorite poster!!:kissa:

Michael82
01-18-2006, 07:36 PM

Yeah, you are probably right about it being Ralph who wants a veteran QB brought in. I wouldn't be surprised if Ralph told Mularkey to bench Losman in the first place. :ill:

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Yeah, you are probably right about it being Ralph who wants a veteran QB brought in. I wouldn't be surprised if Ralph told Mularkey to bench Losman in the first place. :ill:

Through TD :roflmao:

SpillerThrills
01-18-2006, 07:39 PM
I heard that Marv really wants JP to be the starter and that Sherman is not sure who it should be yet, ofcourse because he hasn't had the time with or around the team that Marv has. I would like to see Sherman come in and give JP the job, but at the same time I do understand the fact that last year we handed JP the reins and look at what happened.... I know that he was a "rookie" so to speak but RW wants to win so it might take bringing in a better vet. QB.... but that's still to be seen.

Mudflap1
01-18-2006, 07:39 PM
You guys have it all wrong. The post alludes (out of order) that the power struggle was between Ralph, Tom Donahoe, and Mike Mularkey. Mularkey and Donahoe wanted to start Losman from the start, and Ralph and the veterans wanted to have a competition and "win now."

Think about it. How could Sherman have made his mind up about Losman yet? He hasn't seen any film of him, hasn't been hanging out with him, and hasn't talked to his QB coach, Sam Wyche.

Jon

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:43 PM
How about because Sherman was going to draft JP? You bet your butt he has seen film.

Look here is the deal, if whomever is the HC doesn't start losman and let losman get 16 games JP needs to hit the bricks and demand a trade. Total worthless POS with MUCH Less talent were given this opportunity.

All JP has done is bust his butt. In return he gets screwed over and thrown under the bus by the vets. SCREW THE VETS!:pissed:

This is JP's job for a full 16 game season with all the help they can get him. THEN you can start to make a decision on him.

Mudflap1
01-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Wrong!

Would you risk your opportunity for a job by saying that you are unequivocally giving the job to the rumored locker room cancer that is J.P. Losman? Look, I like the kid, I think he's got a lot of ability, but he's 1-7 as a starter. No, Sherman and other candidates can't speak for the former regime, but they also can't say, without doing any homework on the guy (and don't say he looked at him to draft three years ago -- who cares?) that he is going to play unconditionally if he's hired. Who on earth would say that in an interview?

Jon

Michael82
01-18-2006, 07:51 PM
I heard that Marv really wants JP to be the starter and that Sherman is not sure who it should be yet, ofcourse because he hasn't had the time with or around the team that Marv has. I would like to see Sherman come in and give JP the job, but at the same time I do understand the fact that last year we handed JP the reins and look at what happened.... I know that he was a "rookie" so to speak but RW wants to win so it might take bringing in a better vet. QB.... but that's still to be seen.
Maybe Sherman wants the Bills to trade for Brett Favre to start and work with JP Losman..... :pray:

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Wrong!

Would you risk your opportunity for a job by saying that you are unequivocally giving the job to the rumored locker room cancer that is J.P. Losman? Look, I like the kid, I think he's got a lot of ability, but he's 1-7 as a starter. No, Sherman and other candidates can't speak for the former regime, but they also can't say, without doing any homework on the guy (and don't say he looked at him to draft three years ago -- who cares?) that he is going to play unconditionally if he's hired. Who on earth would say that in an interview?

Jon

A smart coach. One that (unlike most like you) understands that a Young QB needs time and it needs to be fully supported, and un interupted time to develop.

A GOOD HC knows JP has much more upside than Holcomb and you start the kid and let him develop. OR he trades the kid away and gets a much more qualified veteran than Holcomb in here to play.

lordofgun
01-18-2006, 07:59 PM
How about because Sherman was going to draft JP? You bet your butt he has seen film.

Look here is the deal, if whomever is the HC doesn't start losman and let losman get 16 games JP needs to hit the bricks and demand a trade. Total worthless POS with MUCH Less talent were given this opportunity.

All JP has done is bust his butt. In return he gets screwed over and thrown under the bus by the vets. SCREW THE VETS!:pissed:

This is JP's job for a full 16 game season with all the help they can get him. THEN you can start to make a decision on him.
:10:

gr8slayer
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Sherman sounds good to me.

gr8slayer
01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
He would be coming into a much more talented team than he ever had in GB.

Novacane
01-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Wrong!

the rumored locker room cancer that is J.P. Losman?

WHAT?

mikemac2001
01-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Mikey i had a post about sherman and favre coming ahhhhhhhhh i would love it

STAMPY
01-18-2006, 08:59 PM
shermans got bigger man boobs than williams

Michael82
01-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Mikey i had a post about sherman and favre coming ahhhhhhhhh i would love it
We could dream, can't we? :drool:

mikemac2001
01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
i dont think its impossible just not likely, i dont see favre being in GB and if we get sherman idk favre might one last run prove he wasnt finished.

wont happen though my sources tell me

Sco11
01-18-2006, 09:21 PM

I definately agree! Good Post

dolphinssuck
01-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Im glad we got Sherman. I think he'll do a good job.

YardRat
01-18-2006, 09:29 PM
A smart coach. One that (unlike most like you) understands that a Young QB needs time and it needs to be fully supported, and un interupted time to develop.

A GOOD HC knows JP has much more upside than Holcomb and you start the kid and let him develop. OR he trades the kid away and gets a much more qualified veteran than Holcomb in here to play.

A GREAT HC recognizes that Losman has more potential than talent, even at this point, and gives a little more time for him to develop mentally before throwing him into the game as a full time starter.

As far as handing the job to JP right from the start...been there, done that, got a t-shirt with "5 and 11" emblazoned across the front. This year JP needs to step up his performance and win the job outright, or shut up and plan on playing elsewhere in 2007.

Ferrygoat
01-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Im glad we got Sherman. I think he'll do a good job.
Everything i read looks like they are going to hire jauron, i know these sources may not be correct but i dont know how everyone keeps saying that shermans going to be our next coach, the way everything has been going, how do u know haslett is out??

ublinkwescore
01-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Because if we hire Jauron, Mr. Miyagi will fly to Buffalo to swan kick Ralph and Marv.

And the media has all but confirmed that we won't be hiring Haslett.

Ferrygoat
01-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Because if we hire Jauron, Mr. Miyagi will fly to Buffalo to swan kick Ralph and Marv.

And the media has all but confirmed that we won't be hiring Haslett.
Yeah but as of now, everything i have heard in the media has been way off

gr8slayer
01-18-2006, 09:48 PM
I dont like that Clayton has Jauron as the front runner for the job.

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2006, 09:50 PM
:tap: how much longer do we have to wait for news...I wanna know who our coach is for real, no more speculation...

Michael82
01-18-2006, 09:51 PM
I dont like that Clayton has Jauron as the front runner for the job.
I do, because Clayton is a piece of **** and is never right.

gr8slayer
01-18-2006, 09:51 PM
:tap: how much longer do we have to wait for news...I wanna know who our coach is for real, no more speculation...
Im thinking Friday. Monday at the latest.

ebill00
01-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Who cares if his man boobs are bigger!! Just more to love when we make the play-offs!!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-18-2006, 10:53 PM
There is no way in hell Ralph is going to pay a coach 3.25 mill per year

Ralphy said in his PC that :$: is no object