PDA

View Full Version : Sherman in the Lead for the Bills

deathadder
01-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Don't know how credible this source is, but here is the link:

http://bills.scout.com/2/490382.html

BillsReport.com sources have learned that former Green Bay Packers head coach Mike Sherman is the leading candidate for the Buffalo Bills vacant head coaching spot.

Sherman interviewed with Bills owner Ralph Wilson and General Manager Marv Levy on Wednesday. Levy came away more impressed with Sherman than Wilson did, during their interview as Sherman explained his philosophies, teachings, and his admiration of quarterback J.P. Losman.

Dick Jauron interviewed with the Bills on Tuesday and is rumored to have a good relationship with Marv Levy. However, owner Ralph Wilson is favoring Jauron moreso than Levy.

Former Saints head coach Jim Haslett isn’t favored by Wilson and Levy as much as many media reports have indicated. The Bills contacted Haslett however that was more than likely as a preliminary contact as they do to many candidates. Haslett is the front runner for the Detroit Lions job and he will go for his second interview Wednesday evening in Detroit.

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2006, 06:25 PM
I hope this is right!!

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Ralph just needs to sit down, shut the F up, and enjoy his Metamucil. Let the GM do his job.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2006, 06:32 PM
agreed.

Don't make me come and steal your cane so you tip over Ralph.

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 06:35 PM
agreed.

Don't make me come and steal your cane so you tip over Ralph.

You would kick it out from underneath him.

Mr. Cynical
01-18-2006, 06:38 PM
However, owner Ralph Wilson is favoring Jauron moreso than Levy.

So it looks like Ralph likes Dicks.....first TD, now this.... great.

tat2dmike77
01-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Point is simple.

The reason why Haslett is not in the running for the position is because Sherman is the more qualified canadite for the job. He has proven track record yeah he had favre as his QB but he also brought in talent to. Remember he was also GM in Green Bay.

Haslett is not horrible don't get me wrong. But since sherman is still on the market he is the best coach out there. It's like the draft take the best guy out there and obviously sherman is the best guy for the job here in buffalo. Haslett well i think it's more of a media creation that he would be the bills HC.

Don't get me wrong i will support whom ever the Bills decide to hire. But IMO sherman is the more qualified canadate for the job.

:beers: happy hour was fun tonight

tat2dmike77
01-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Also didn't that Dweeb John clayton :philhouse say yesterday how Jaroun was the front runner. It just shows nobody really knows anything.

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Also didn't that Dweeb John clayton :philhouse say yesterday how Jaroun was the front runner. It just shows nobody really knows anything.

I hate John Clayton with a passion.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Well that may go with the report on another board that one of the small obsticles was JP. I am sure Ralph wants to bring in a guy and Marv/Sherman want to go with JP. Ralph needs to just shut up and let marv hire sherman and start enjoying the winning ways he will bring

Novacane
01-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Dick Jauron interviewed with the Bills on Tuesday and is rumored to have a good relationship with Marv Levy. However, owner Ralph Wilson is favoring Jauron moreso than Levy..

Ralph must think Jauron will cost less

Jan Reimers
01-18-2006, 07:54 PM
I just hope Ralph allows Marv to make the choice. Isn't that the reason he brought Marv in - to run the football side of the Bills' organization?

gr8slayer
01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Seriously. Im so tired of people and their "sources". I want a freaking strait answer.