PDA

View Full Version : **UNCONFIRMED** MIKE SHERMAN IS THE NEW HEAD COACH OF THE BUFFALO BILLS!

Mitchy moo
01-18-2006, 06:45 PM
I just got the call from my insider, he will be named the HC in a press conference friday or monday. They have agreed to numbers but a few small details remain, nothing earth shattering though. RW paid 3 times as much than MM, low $3 range per year.

Sorry darth, bye.

AndreReed83
01-18-2006, 06:48 PM
And your insider is? (remember, voices you hear in your head don't count. :peace: )

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Darth only said he's done.....reading the threads. Just a joke.

Is this a reliable source or another speculation?

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 06:53 PM
SPAM. Someone please move this crap.

Devin
01-18-2006, 06:54 PM
His insider also said Haslett would be our HC.

camelcowboy
01-18-2006, 06:54 PM
same insider a month ago that says that haslett was the man? What does he say about no minority canidates?

Mitchy moo
01-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Darth only said he's done.....reading the threads. Just a joke.

Is this a reliable source or another speculation?

He told me Marv was the GM dec. 13th, it was public early jan., so yeah he's pretty good. They were suprised the packers let him go. Haslett was going to get it but Sherman is better. He lead GB to the playoffs for 4 of his 5 years, it reminded the old man of butler without the smoking.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:04 PM
sorry BS. That is all I have to say, BS.

Novacane
01-18-2006, 07:04 PM
you are so full of **** skooby

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 07:05 PM
You're about to feel an onslaught of negging.

Mitchy moo
01-18-2006, 07:06 PM
His insider also said Haslett would be our HC.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=87688&highlight=levy

New rumor Marv levy GM, Jim Haslett Head coach

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Adding to it.

Iehoshua
01-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Darth only said he's done.....reading the threads. Just a joke. :up:

At least someone actually reads.

Skoobysnack:negrep:

X-Era
01-18-2006, 07:13 PM
I just got the call from my insider, he will be named the HC in a press conference friday or monday. They have agreed to numbers but a few small details remain, nothing earth shattering though.

Sorry darth, bye.

Facts are facts, he DID call Levy the GM, that was a move not many if any of us saw coming before the rumors.

Im standing behind him. I think hes right and Sherman is the best man out of the bunch. NOT to say that ANY of the guys are proven playoff or SB HC's.

AndreReed83
01-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Now all you need is for your "insider" to tell you Jauron will be named the head coach and there will be no way for us to say you were wrong! :up:

Devin
01-18-2006, 07:17 PM
:roflmao:

Michael82
01-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Now all you need is for your "insider" to tell you Jauron will be named the head coach and there will be no way for us to say you were wrong! :up:
:lmao:

Mitchy moo
01-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Facts are facts, he DID call Levy the GM, that was a move not many if any of us saw coming before the rumors.

Im standing behind him. I think hes right and Sherman is the best man out of the bunch. NOT to say that ANY of the guys are proven playoff or SB HC's.

Thx JP, many people forget where they hear things but nothing was ever mentioned of Levy / GM & I was torched then but have bounced back. Here we go again. I was kidding darth, NY sarc....

Carlton Bailey
01-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Hopefully Skoob is right. I believe him.

Mitchy moo
01-18-2006, 07:29 PM
:up:

At least someone actually reads.

Skoobysnack:negrep:

I was kidding brother.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:31 PM
I just got the call from my insider, he will be named the HC in a press conference friday or monday. They have agreed to numbers but a few small details remain, nothing earth shattering though. RW paid 3 times as much than MM, low $3 range per year.

Sorry darth, bye.

So if this doesn't come true you gonna leave the board? I mean dropping this 'info' and it blowing up in your face destroys any credibility you have. If you are so sure your guy is 100% correct ( and apperantly you are since you posted it ) Then back it up.

HHURRICANE
01-18-2006, 07:42 PM
And your insider is? (remember, voices you hear in your head don't count. :peace: )

Hey it's his rich friend!

RedEyE
01-18-2006, 07:46 PM
So if this doesn't come true you gonna leave the board? I mean dropping this 'info' and it blowing up in your face destroys any credibility you have. If you are so sure your guy is 100% correct ( and apperantly you are since you posted it ) Then back it up.

It alreayd blew up in his face. He said that his "source" claimed Haslett was going to be the next coach over a month ago.

HHURRICANE
01-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Skooby, I won't neg you yet. I get some inside stuff as well and like you I can't divulge my source. With that said I will be leading the "neg to death" if you are wrong.

I told evryone that JP was healthy enough to play the last 2 games and I got some smack for that.

Skoob you had better be right because I'm praying for Sherman or Haslett.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 07:52 PM
It alreayd blew up in his face. He said that his "source" claimed Haslett was going to be the next coach over a month ago.

I understand wanting to break a story, but if you are going to come on here or any message board and say 'I have an inside source that says....' And claim something a big as so and so is being hired, you better be willing to back it up.

The boards have enough stuff going on, speculation etc without someone coming on here and intentionally lieing. I am not saying he isn't right, just be willing to back it or else?

gr8slayer
01-18-2006, 08:04 PM
I do hope you are right Skooby.

Mitchy moo
01-18-2006, 08:05 PM
I just call it as I heard it, just like Marv. I wasn't there so I cannot say exactly what happened. I offer information from others that I consider fairly reliable, I don't guess.

I personally think Sherman is the best man available and has shown he can consistently score on offense. His D always needed work and hopefully we can put both sides together and make a winner here in Buffalo.

That's all we all really want is a team to be proud of and a winner, isn't it?

HHURRICANE
01-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I just call it as I heard it, just like Marv. I wasn't there so I cannot say exactly what happened. I offer information from others that I consider fairly reliable, I don't guess.

I personally think Sherman is the best man available and has shown he can consistently score on offense. His D always needed work and hopefully we can put both sides together and make a winner here in Buffalo.

:negrep: :negrep:

You just pussed out!!! You can't say exactly what happened?! WTF?! I'll be proud when you don't put BS on the site!!

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Does anyone know if any interviews with anyone else are set up at this point? I know they still are supposed to do the minority interview, but besides that, I heard that Hassletts agent hadn't been contacted about an interview date. Is this a good thing? Do they just figure they'll have someone hired this week? Where is the front office going from here?

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 08:20 PM

"I just got the call from my insider, he will be named the HC in a press conference friday or monday"

That isn't a guess you stated it as fact. Sounds to me like you are back pedaling now

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know if any interviews with anyone else are set up at this point? I know they still are supposed to do the minority interview, but besides that, I heard that Hassletts agent hadn't been contacted about an interview date. Is this a good thing? Do they just figure they'll have someone hired this week? Where is the front office going from here?

I have read somewhere that Ralph will say his minority interview will either be the phone call made to Cotrell to talk with him OR The fact they told gray he wouldn't be a candidate.

Now from what I understand that would technically cover the minority rule.

Mitchy moo
01-18-2006, 08:24 PM
"I just got the call from my insider, he will be named the HC in a press conference friday or monday"

That isn't a guess you stated it as fact. Sounds to me like you are back pedaling now

No, I stated what I heard.

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 08:28 PM
No, I stated what I heard.

No what you did was come on here, stating speculation in an attempt to be the first to break a POSSIBLE Story. You stated he WILL be named the HC in the next day or two.

Michael82
01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Hopefully they are done with the interviews and will announce a press conference Friday to introduce Mike Sherman as the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills and Jim Bates as the defensive coordinator. :pray:

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Hopefully they are done with the interviews and will announce a press conference Friday to introduce Mike Sherman as the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills and Jim Bates as the defensive coordinator. :pray:

No friggin joke!

DaBills
01-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Here’s where I have the problem in this whole thing: will Sherman be able to put his heart and soul into the job for less than $3 a year?

Maybe he got a great severence package from GB and he doesn’t need the money?

:afro:

Michael82
01-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Here’s where I have the problem in this whole thing: will Sherman be able to put his heart and soul into the job for less than $3 a year?

Maybe he got a great severence package from GB and he doesn’t need the money?

:afro:
He'll be the first ever coach to get paid in Buffalo. Marv is going to help Ralph realize that he needs to open up his checkbook if he wants to win. I think he'll get just over $3 million a year, in a 3 or 4 year deal.

TigerJ
01-18-2006, 08:39 PM
For what it's worth, another poster on another fan forum also claims inside info that Sherman is to be named the new head coach. The same poster also claims a rumor aired on WFAN out of NYC claiming there will be a new conference tomorrow (Thursday) to announce Sherman as the HC is false, but that would not preclude a Friday or Monday interview.

I don't think it was Skooby by a different name. Different writing style.

Same forum and thread, different poster says Levy had a phone conversation with Cottrell which they might claim fulfills the Rooney rule. Just passing on what I saw elsewhere.

Nighthawk
01-18-2006, 08:43 PM
:nervous:
For what it's worth, another poster on another fan forum also claims inside info that Sherman is to be named the new head coach. The same poster also claims a rumor aired on WFAN out of NYC claiming there will be a new conference tomorrow (Thursday) to announce Sherman as the HC is false, but that would not preclude a Friday or Monday interview.

Same forum and thread, different poster says Levy had a phone conversation with Cottrell which they might claim fulfills the Rooney rule. Just passing on what I saw elsewhere.

Please, please, please...let this be true!:pray:

ICE74129
01-18-2006, 09:03 PM

I don't think it was Skooby by a different name. Different writing style.

And that poster on that other board only had 26 or so posts up until that post. I give it zero credibility just like the starter of this thread.

Mitchy moo
01-18-2006, 09:08 PM
And that poster on that other board only had 26 or so posts up until that post. I give it zero credibility just like the starter of this thread.

Gee thx Ice. :winkpunch

LtFinFan66
01-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Skooby with an insider....LOL

Throne Logic
01-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Not that I enirely agree with the Rooney rule (I do like the intent), but why is it so friggin difficult to just bring in a minority candidate and talk to him for 2 hours? Why even play games with "oh, we'll just count that 4 minute phone call to Ted". It's just plain assinine. It makes this organization look real foolish.

Dr. Who
01-19-2006, 07:01 AM
James Lofton is being brought in for the requisite two hours, apparently. When someone puts "unconfirmed" at the front of their post, they are not claiming certitude.

Mitchy moo
01-19-2006, 07:05 AM
That knocks out the minority issue, next.

ublinkwescore
01-19-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm not trying to give any credibility to skoob's 'source', but I'd be willing to bet anyone here all I'm worth that Sherman will in fact be our new head coach.

ICE74129
01-19-2006, 07:50 AM
I'm not trying to give any credibility to skoob's 'source', but I'd be willing to bet anyone here all I'm worth that Sherman will in fact be our new head coach.

What are you wagering? You say you are willing to bet, what are you willing to lose?

See I am sick of this BS. NO ONE KNOWS! Reality though says Jauron and for obvious reasons. And if it comes down we are now fully screwed.

BTP
01-19-2006, 07:57 AM
may god have mercy on your souls.

:bullseye:

Meathead
01-19-2006, 08:18 AM
I'd be willing to bet anyone here all I'm worth that Sherman will in fact be our new head coach.
so tree fitty then its a bet

Mitchy moo
01-19-2006, 12:04 PM
That monster asked me for $3.50

AndreReed83
01-19-2006, 12:08 PM
It's a gawd damn Succubus!

Mitchy moo
01-19-2006, 01:11 PM
If they had their coach in Jauron, why would they have needed to interview Sherman? When they bring in the minority to interview, they have found there man and moving forward. Last one to interview is Sherman.

gladiator26
01-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Lofton completes the interview process, they wanted someone who knew Levy and Wilson to make it easy on them. It seems to me they already know who they want and Lofton could come in as a coordinator. I believe Jauron is their fall back guy if Sherman can't get with the program of working with Levy. If Sherman wants this job it is his. I consulted the witch doctor and she agreed

Mitchy moo
01-20-2006, 08:47 PM
RW wants sherman folks, he is going to get him. Sherman has not spent 1 second anywhere but here. We are just trying to load in OC/DC with the rest.

Devin
01-20-2006, 08:50 PM
lol. Cause Skooby says.

If Ralph lets Levy do his job we get DJ. If he doesnt then we have now entered meddeling owner status in which Levy may never have any pull. Which would likely spell doom for Sherman anyway.

FirstDownBills
01-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I think Levy only wants Jauron because of the friendship they built in Chicago. Other than that, I don't see anything positive that Marv could find in this guy. HIRE SHERMAN!

Mitchy moo
01-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Well they might have to share the geritol with Sherman & that can get expensive so that maybe a good reason.

Mitchy moo
01-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Whoa, new rumor: Ralph Wilson has been very tricky, as had Marv Levy. Sources say that they chose Sherman from the start. The other interviews were not candiates, for head coach. They have been interviewing them for Offensive Coordinator, which will be Jim Cadwell. You guys ready for this...our new defensive Coordinator was supposedly never to have an interview with the Bills. Yes, Jim Hasslett! Now one more suprise surronding Jaroun. He agreed to a 2 year contract with the Bills as an Asst. Head Coach but also a Defensive Lineman/Backers coach to help out the struggling D-Line.

Source:http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109644&st=0

This might explain why Sherman hasn't spent 10 seconds shopping himself elsewhere.

ShadowHawk7
01-21-2006, 11:48 PM
What about Lofton and Caldwell? Don't they count as minority?

SquishDaFish
01-22-2006, 05:16 AM
Man Scoob Im sure your wrong but man that gives me wood just thinking about it.

Mitchy moo
01-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Man Scoob Im sure your wrong but man that gives me wood just thinking about it.

He said wood.

Michael82
01-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Whoa, new rumor: Ralph Wilson has been very tricky, as had Marv Levy. Sources say that they chose Sherman from the start. The other interviews were not candiates, for head coach. They have been interviewing them for Offensive Coordinator, which will be Jim Cadwell. You guys ready for this...our new defensive Coordinator was supposedly never to have an interview with the Bills. Yes, Jim Hasslett! Now one more suprise surronding Jaroun. He agreed to a 2 year contract with the Bills as an Asst. Head Coach but also a Defensive Lineman/Backers coach to help out the struggling D-Line.

This might explain why Sherman hasn't spent 10 seconds shopping himself elsewhere.
If that really happens, I'll love it. But I still want Bates at DC. I really like that coach. But anyways...That's a lot of talent on the coaching staff and it would prove that Ralph is finally willing to open up the checkbook for his coaching staff. What a staff.... :bf1:

Head Coach: Mike Sherman
Assistant HC/DL Coach: Dick Jauron
Offensive Coordinator: Jim Caldwell
Defensive Coordinator: Jim Haslett
Special Teams Coordinator: Bobby April
Offensive Line Coach: Jim McNally

:drool:

Michael82
01-22-2006, 08:38 AM
BTW, if this happens...you can tell Czaplicki19 that he is hired to be our BillsZone "bird" :snicker:

HHURRICANE
01-22-2006, 09:24 AM

You conveinently left out the part where this guy's cousin (a security guard) might be just playing with him. How about the fact that we would have like a kabillion dollar payroll in coaches. Skooby, I actually like you but you are the same guy that after week 8 still thought we had a shot at the playoffs. You are ruining your credibility.

madness
01-22-2006, 09:44 AM
If that really happens, I'll love it. But I still want Bates at DC. I really like that coach. But anyways...That's a lot of talent on the coaching staff and it would prove that Ralph is finally willing to open up the checkbook for his coaching staff. What a staff.... :bf1:

Head Coach: Mike Sherman
Assistant HC/DL Coach: Dick Jauron
Offensive Coordinator: Jim Caldwell
Defensive Coordinator: Jim Haslett
Special Teams Coordinator: Bobby April
Offensive Line Coach: Jim McNally

:drool:

Wow, that would be a sick coaching staff. Although this is all speculation, this definitely reminds me of something Marv would do... making sure he has all his cards in order before he reveals his hand. What better way to rock the Bills nation and raise our faith then coming to the podium in the first press conference and telling us not only have they made their mind up about a head coach but also most of the staff. :rockon:

Mitchy moo
01-22-2006, 09:48 AM
We were 2-6 last year and ended up missing the playoffs on the final weekend vs pittsburgh's second stringers. How could anyone say you won't make the playoffs after week 8. On average your out of luck but hey you never know.

P.S. I am a positive person in general.

Romes
01-22-2006, 10:15 AM

this is too good to be true

Mitchy moo
01-22-2006, 11:35 AM
this is too good to be true

Boy, I hope this Security dude is right on. We would sell out all of our games 1 week after they opened it up. We would also have no reason not to succeed, not with all that talent.

HHURRICANE
01-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Is everyone on crack?!

HC - Sherman
AC - Jauron
OC - Caldwell
DC - Haslett

GM - Marv Levy

Do you have any idea what this would cost?! 7-9 Million a year just in these coaches. Ralph would have to be very desperate for a SB win. There is no way in hell this happens. No friggin way. You folks need to settle.:fit:

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 02:01 PM
I think Ralph is desperate for a Super Bowl at this point.

HHURRICANE
01-22-2006, 02:03 PM
I think Ralph is desperate for a Super Bowl at this point.

I would love all of this to happen but it won't!!

FlyingDutchman
01-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Skoob I think youre full of it...

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Looks like Scooby's source is wrong again. Jauron arrived in Buffalo at 3PM today, and said "its great to be here."

HHURRICANE
01-22-2006, 07:33 PM

Sorry darth, bye.

Skooby, you are officially an idiot! Let the negging begin!!:negrep:

Mitchy moo
01-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Skooby, you are officially an idiot! Let the negging begin!!:negrep:

As repoprted they were split on the final decision, DJ was a better fit.

!Papacrunk!
01-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Spooky!

FlyingDutchman
01-22-2006, 08:32 PM
As repoprted they were split on the final decision, DJ was a better fit.

so why would you start a thread saying ATTENTION MIKE SHERMAN IS THE NEW HEAD COACH.....

LtFinFan66
01-23-2006, 02:14 AM
nice insider info Skooby!:loser: :laughing:

TypicalBill
01-23-2006, 05:08 AM
:cynic:

Historian
01-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Yea...you need a new "source".

:lmao:

lordofgun
01-23-2006, 07:30 AM
There's no way this source was wealthy. Wealthy people are never wrong.

mybills
01-23-2006, 07:35 AM
It doesn't cost anything to be unreliable, either.

Mitchy moo
01-23-2006, 05:34 PM
I called my friend back and told him I posted it. He said well they changed their mind and I said No ****.

He was right about Marv though and that was a pretty big curve ball at the time but dead wrong about this.

Dont drink the water
01-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Is your "inside source" "ScoobyDum"?

Bling
11-30-2006, 10:21 PM
bump

Devin
11-30-2006, 10:22 PM
:rofl:

That wealthy insider stuff still cracks me up.

Bling
11-30-2006, 10:24 PM
:rofl:

That wealthy insider stuff still cracks me up.

I don't know if this is against TOS to bump old threads, but they should definitely Hall of Fame this. If that guy drew pics of JP, this is another gem.

Devin
11-30-2006, 10:26 PM
lol!

Tatonka
11-30-2006, 10:32 PM
I don't know if this is against TOS to bump old threads, but they should definitely Hall of Fame this. If that guy drew pics of JP, this is another gem.
it isnt against the tos.. but it is a pretty gay thing to do.. which we expect from fans that wear teal..

TigerJ
11-30-2006, 10:40 PM
So you're the "bumper," Bling. I think Skooby was hoping we'd forget these gems. LOL

Mitchy moo
11-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Find me the part where unconfirmed wasn't understood.

Devin
11-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Just cause you put "unconfirmed" in front of a statement that implies an event is 100% going to happen doesnt get you any leeway. Or your "wealthy insider" for that matter.

Making generalized statements that have a chance of happening (i.e. "BREAKING NEWS!!!! The Bills will draft an OL in the draft!!!" ) are generally frowned upon.

!Papacrunk!
12-01-2006, 06:26 AM
I'm wondering if the rich friend may or may not have been on crack

OpIv37
12-01-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm wondering if his rich friend is the same one that told him we are gonna beat SD this weekend.

ParanoidAndroid
12-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Let us not forget the past, lest we be doomed to repeat it.

gr8slayer
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
This is by far one of the best threads ever.