• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

For some reason, I just can't get...

...excited about the coaches in the running for the Bills job. They just all seem so mediocre to me. *sigh*

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• That Guy
    • Apr 2004

Re: For some reason, I just can't get...

I completely agree. No extraordinary coordinators... and a bunch of boring, fired head coaches coming off abysmal seasons.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

I agree, as I said this year its pretty much just picking the guy who sucks the least.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Don't worry guys, just think, if there was a hot coordinator out there we would just screw it up and hire somebody else.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Devin
          I agree, as I said this year its pretty much just picking the guy who sucks the least.
          No. Sherman doesn't suck in any way. He's a winning football coach. We'll be lucky to have him.

But if you're looking for excitement, someone to really pump you up, you'll be disappointed. Sherman is monotone and boring to all hell.

Comment

• That Guy
            • Apr 2004

I think we should just hire Alex Van Pelt as interim head coach for a season just to hold it down 'til next year.. where hopefully there's some better choices. Just so we don't get locked into another failure. AVP will fit in just fine... he's always known his role.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              No. Sherman doesn't suck in any way. He's a winning football coach. We'll be lucky to have him.

But if you're looking for excitement, someone to really pump you up, you'll be disappointed. Sherman is monotone and boring to all hell.
              Like Belichick....

SWEET!

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

I agree that the choices do not appear great. The Bills could (and probably will) wait until after AFC & NFC championships but I do not think it increases the pool greatly. Part of it is sheer number of openings and part is many of the worthy ones are doing something else - college because tired of the rat race or doing media.

I think his was part of reason for retaining Mularchy - knowing it was a soft market for coaching candidates.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

If I remember correctly, your last statement sounded kinda like Gregg Williams - thanks but no thanks, I'll pass... BRING ON SHERMAN.
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                    I agree that the choices do not appear great. The Bills could (and probably will) wait until after AFC & NFC championships but I do not think it increases the pool greatly. Part of it is sheer number of openings and part is many of the worthy ones are doing something else - college because tired of the rat race or doing media.

I think his was part of reason for retaining Mularchy - knowing it was a soft market for coaching candidates.
                    Have you been paying attention at all?

It looks pretty apparent that Sherman or jauron (hopefully sherman) will be our new coach.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

WHo would you want? There really is no one on the "open market" worth a **** other than Sherman and Hasslet.

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                        Have you been paying attention at all?

It looks pretty apparent that Sherman or jauron (hopefully sherman) will be our new coach.
                        Yeah I have. They saw how many coaches were going to be on the market and felt Mularchy was best choice for at least one year but Mularchy decided after thinking about it and the continued fan reaction that it was not worth it. Marv thought they might make him GM and interim coach for 1 year but Ralph nixed that.

And I never believe any of the leaks in press on who front runner is; most of those leaks are by people trying to promote their candidate or hurt a candidate and the rest are just made up by media. Neither Sherman nor Jauron or even Jim Haslett impress me.

Comment

• vicmantak
                          • Jun 2005

I don't agree. IMO the front runners are pretty good enough.

Jauron brings Marv a possitive environment and he also brings experienced coordinators like Dom Capers and Steve Mariucci.

Sherman by himself brings us way better software than Mularkey and Gregg Williams.

Haslett (my favorite for DC) brings us a fresh continuity and a special passion for this team: TOTAL LOVE AND RESPECT TO THE BLUE, RED, WHITE.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                          - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by lordofgun
                            ...excited about the coaches in the running for the Bills job. They just all seem so mediocre to me. *sigh*
                            I completely agree.

NOW, I DO conisder them upgrades to Mularkey because their HC experience makes it less likely that the vets will try to push them around. That was a problem.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Jauron makes MM look like Mr. Excitement.

He's dull as hell too.

Comment

Working...
                              X