PDA

View Full Version : For some reason, I just can't get...

lordofgun
01-18-2006, 07:34 PM
...excited about the coaches in the running for the Bills job. They just all seem so mediocre to me. *sigh*

That Guy
01-18-2006, 07:53 PM
I completely agree. No extraordinary coordinators... and a bunch of boring, fired head coaches coming off abysmal seasons.

Devin
01-18-2006, 08:52 PM
I agree, as I said this year its pretty much just picking the guy who sucks the least.

Nighthawk
01-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Don't worry guys, just think, if there was a hot coordinator out there we would just screw it up and hire somebody else. :crap:

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2006, 08:56 PM
I agree, as I said this year its pretty much just picking the guy who sucks the least.
No. Sherman doesn't suck in any way. He's a winning football coach. We'll be lucky to have him.

But if you're looking for excitement, someone to really pump you up, you'll be disappointed. Sherman is monotone and boring to all hell. :z::z:

That Guy
01-18-2006, 08:58 PM
I think we should just hire Alex Van Pelt as interim head coach for a season just to hold it down 'til next year.. where hopefully there's some better choices. Just so we don't get locked into another failure. AVP will fit in just fine... he's always known his role.

Michael82
01-18-2006, 09:10 PM
No. Sherman doesn't suck in any way. He's a winning football coach. We'll be lucky to have him.

But if you're looking for excitement, someone to really pump you up, you'll be disappointed. Sherman is monotone and boring to all hell. :z::z:
Like Belichick....:up:

SWEET! :clap:

G. Host
01-18-2006, 09:29 PM
I agree that the choices do not appear great. The Bills could (and probably will) wait until after AFC & NFC championships but I do not think it increases the pool greatly. Part of it is sheer number of openings and part is many of the worthy ones are doing something else - college because tired of the rat race or doing media.

I think his was part of reason for retaining Mularchy - knowing it was a soft market for coaching candidates.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2006, 09:37 PM

If I remember correctly, your last statement sounded kinda like Gregg Williams - thanks but no thanks, I'll pass... BRING ON SHERMAN.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2006, 09:39 PM
I agree that the choices do not appear great. The Bills could (and probably will) wait until after AFC & NFC championships but I do not think it increases the pool greatly. Part of it is sheer number of openings and part is many of the worthy ones are doing something else - college because tired of the rat race or doing media.

I think his was part of reason for retaining Mularchy - knowing it was a soft market for coaching candidates.

Have you been paying attention at all?

It looks pretty apparent that Sherman or jauron (hopefully sherman) will be our new coach.

gr8slayer
01-18-2006, 09:39 PM
WHo would you want? There really is no one on the "open market" worth a **** other than Sherman and Hasslet.

G. Host
01-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Have you been paying attention at all?

It looks pretty apparent that Sherman or jauron (hopefully sherman) will be our new coach.

Yeah I have. They saw how many coaches were going to be on the market and felt Mularchy was best choice for at least one year but Mularchy decided after thinking about it and the continued fan reaction that it was not worth it. Marv thought they might make him GM and interim coach for 1 year but Ralph nixed that.

And I never believe any of the leaks in press on who front runner is; most of those leaks are by people trying to promote their candidate or hurt a candidate and the rest are just made up by media. Neither Sherman nor Jauron or even Jim Haslett impress me.

vicmantak
01-18-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't agree. IMO the front runners are pretty good enough.

Jauron brings Marv a possitive environment and he also brings experienced coordinators like Dom Capers and Steve Mariucci.

Sherman by himself brings us way better software than Mularkey and Gregg Williams.

Haslett (my favorite for DC) brings us a fresh continuity and a special passion for this team: TOTAL LOVE AND RESPECT TO THE BLUE, RED, WHITE.

X-Era
01-19-2006, 07:08 AM
...excited about the coaches in the running for the Bills job. They just all seem so mediocre to me. *sigh*

I completely agree.

NOW, I DO conisder them upgrades to Mularkey because their HC experience makes it less likely that the vets will try to push them around. That was a problem.

Earthquake Enyart
01-19-2006, 07:32 AM

Jauron makes MM look like Mr. Excitement.

He's dull as hell too.