PDA

View Full Version : Complete this sentence: "If they hired Dick, I would....."

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2006, 10:51 AM
If they hired Dick, I would....

...mail in my Bills jerseys to OBD and say good riddence. :bigwave:

The King
01-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Go to The Jaurons house and punch his mother square in the face.

Dr. Lecter
01-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Not panic and give him a chance, although I preffered the other guy.

Pride
01-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Call 1-877-BB-TICKS and tell them to "Save the postage" on my season tix.

ICE74129
01-19-2006, 10:56 AM
I would call the fools, FOOLS for saying they will give this proven loser a chance when every team in the division is improving.

I would then quit watching or supporting the Bills until Ralph sells or dies. To hire Jauron is pure and absolute stupidity.

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2006, 10:56 AM
...be finally sure that Marv truly is too old to know WTF he's doing.

don137
01-19-2006, 10:58 AM
I would add 2-3 years on to re-building the team...Nothing like the 10 year plan to rebuilding...They will not go anywhere under Jauron.

AndreReed83
01-19-2006, 10:59 AM
... be glad all the "If they hire Jauron, I'm done" threads will be gone, and get ready for the "They hired Jauron, I'm gone" threads.

lordofgun
01-19-2006, 11:01 AM
...trust Marv.

TedMock
01-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Not panic and give him a chance, although I preffered the other guy.

Ditto. Jauron is not even close to my first choice, but you never do know. What Ralph and Marv will argure (as they very well should) is that Jauron has the same exact record that Belichick had in his first 5 years as a head coach. So, there's always a chance. Hey, we witnessed the greatest comeback in history, and several last second losses. For this reason, I never feel that a game is 'over' until the last second is off the clock. While the odds are against us, and I'll be as disappointed as any with the hire, there is no certainty that he'll fail on his second go-around.

I will not stop watching the games, I will not stop supporting the team just because I disagree with a coaching hire. I'm a Bills fan first and foremost, and I will just cross my fingers hoping for the best. don't get me wrong. I'll still ***** and moan, but I'll still be there.

OpIv37
01-19-2006, 11:10 AM
.... I will definitely panic but I will still watch the Bills and hope for the best (but expect the worst).

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2006, 11:11 AM
.... I will definitely panic but I will still watch the Bills and hope for the best (but expect the worst).
In other words, nothing changes.

Meathead
01-19-2006, 11:14 AM
... be the most qualified candidate on the planet

Novacane
01-19-2006, 11:16 AM
If they hired Dick, I will be give the guy a chance and see what he can do.

tat2dmike77
01-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Dig in for anthor long season of buffalo bills football

Iehoshua
01-19-2006, 11:34 AM
... be frustrated but get over it and then look forward to the draft/free agency.

Any measure of positive expectations would also be non-existent. I would have a hard time taking the team seriously anymore.

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2006, 11:48 AM
I would have a hard time taking the team seriously anymore.
The rest of the NFL world is already doing that.

elltrain22
01-19-2006, 11:54 AM
very disappointed, but I certainly would not ever mail in or loose my faith for this team. So many of you here are so negative. Yea, Jauron isn't a great candidate, but he could be a good coach, just b/c he didn't succeed in Chicago doesn't mean he wouldn't here; look at Belichek. I understand how frustrating it is to be a Bills fan, but lets not loose our love, hope, and optimism for our beloved team...

Historian
01-19-2006, 11:59 AM
...go pour mysef a coke-a-cola.

tonyc37
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
If thry hire Dick I'm cancelling my season tickets and I currently have six of them.In his only wiining season which he was 13-3 he lost to Sherman twice.Sherman took over a good team and there was no fall off in production till this year when they had a lot of injuries and Dick totally screwed up the QB situation in Chicago.By playing McNown,benching him hell it was like the young QB was a yo yo.Does that sound familar

Iehoshua
01-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Out of available candidates, I can't think of anyone I'd want less than Jauron. Hiring him would be close to as bad as the Pack hiring the no-name Mike McCarthy...

Dicknoze69
01-19-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't understand the sentiment that you guys would quit being Bills fans if they hired Jauron.

Sure, he wouldn't be my pick, but the world isn't over. Clearly, Marv would feel he's the most appropriate candidate, and since he obviously knows more about football than any of us, I would trust him. Some people in this board seem to feel they are more qualified than Marv to pick a head coach.

With coaches, it's very difficult to figure out if someone will be successful before they are hired. Why not give the guy a chance if he's hired? Our braintrust would clearly feel he's the best out there. He produced in Chicago with little talent, so he might be able to get us over the hump. Who knows? He may be the next great head coach.

Why not give them the benefit of the doubt?

Iehoshua
01-19-2006, 12:23 PM
I'd never quit being a Bills fan, even if they hired DrewBlueFan to coach the Bills and he proceeded to trade our 1st-7th round draft picks for the next 5 years to the Cowboys to get Bledsoe back. There would be a revolution I'm sure but I'd not stop being a fan.

It's just beginning to look sad from my point of view. Jauron stinks, it's proven he brings very little to the table. Chances for success are slim if he is the HC, based on history.

Dicknoze69
01-19-2006, 12:31 PM
I can understand why you'd be disappointed, because by overall record Sherman is clearly the better candidate.

But Jauron has enough bright spots that I wouldn't kill myself. The Bears under him usually had a nasty defense, and an offense with little talent. He had a great 2001 and a decent 2000, where they had a Bills 2004 run to end the season. You could argue that the decline of the Bears under him was a direct result of their GM's awful drafting. Jacksonville had a nasty defense when he was there. If I was doing the interview, I'd sure ask what happened in Chicago.

Michael82
01-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Out of available candidates, I can't think of anyone I'd want less than Jauron. Hiring him would be close to as bad as the Pack hiring the no-name Mike McCarthy...
:gag: Mike Martz..... :ill:

Night Train
01-19-2006, 12:35 PM
..happily wave goodbye to dozens of bad posters who are convinced they know it all.

I'm just a fan with limited actual knowledge of the candidates, outside of the W-L record. I'd give him a chance and see what he could do.

Michael82
01-19-2006, 12:36 PM
If they hired Dick, I will be give the guy a chance and see what he can do.
Good posting. :bf1:

HAMMER
01-19-2006, 12:40 PM

You're so full of ****!

Iehoshua
01-19-2006, 12:40 PM
:gag: Mike Martz..... :ill:
Martz > Jauron

IMO

Michael82
01-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Martz > Jauron

IMO
No....Jauron would keep Bobby April. Mike Martz would either fire Bobby April again, or let him resign.

Dicknoze69
01-19-2006, 12:43 PM
No....Jauron would keep Bobby April. Mike Martz would either fire Bobby April again, or let him resign.

Exactly. Unless he was forced to keep him.

Martz is fine as an OC if someone can keep his ego in check. When you let him go without anyone having authority over him, he gets out of control.

Iehoshua
01-19-2006, 12:44 PM

It's kind of a moot point since Martz doesn't appear to be on the radar anyway.

My point was as a HC, not considering personnel, I would take a Mike Martz over a Dick Jauron.

Michael82
01-19-2006, 12:50 PM
It's kind of a moot point since Martz doesn't appear to be on the radar anyway.

My point was as a HC, not considering personnel, I would take a Mike Martz over a Dick Jauron.
I wouldn't. As much as I hate Dick Jauron...I HATE Mike Martz 10x worse. :ill:

Dr. Lecter
01-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Mike Martz is a terrible, horrible head coach. Much worse than Jauron.

Iehoshua
01-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Martz coached multiple playoff teams as well as a team to the Superbowl. Jauron had 1 anomaly of a winning season with a playoff loss.

Is Jauron a better at..... smiling maybe?

AndreReed83
01-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Martz held that team back from being even more successful. He'd be Mularkey part 2 here with Willis McGahee, remember when Faulk was getting 10 carries a game? Not to mention he is the master of losing those games you are supposed to win.

Mahdi
01-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Before I was leaning towards Jauron because of his defensive background. However, now that I am hearing that Bates would become our DC if Sherman is hired that would pretty much fix our defense. Bates has had his defenses in the top 10 the last three years with two different teams, and GB had very limited talent on defense. Also his pass defense has been in the top 3 for the last three years as well. We could really use Bates especially if Clements is gone.

Iehoshua
01-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Martz held that team back from being even more successful. He'd be Mularkey part 2 here with Willis McGahee, remember when Faulk was getting 10 carries a game? Not to mention he is the master of losing those games you are supposed to win.
I'm not saying I want Martz, only pointing out from purely a resume standpoint, Martz is a winner, Jauron is a loser.

Historian
01-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Aren't we due for a winner for a change?

Michael82
01-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Aren't we due for a winner for a change?
yeah we are.

gladiator26
01-19-2006, 01:31 PM
be happy and focus on free agency and the draft and have a better idea of what direction we are moving in

Jan Reimers
01-19-2006, 01:55 PM
support him to the fullest, knowing that Marv Levy thought he was the best man for a very tough job.

Mr. Cynical
01-19-2006, 02:05 PM
....#%*^ #)%(&@# _%#*^#* # ()*&#% =@#)&* # ^+@#% .

(I've been told to tone it down, so hopefully you all get the drift)

Dont drink the water
01-19-2006, 03:07 PM

Change my user name to Mister Cynical, ***** a lot and generally pretend to be a Bills fan even though I no longer would until changes were made that *I* approved of.

Mr. Cynical
01-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Change my user name to Mister Cynical, ***** a lot and generally pretend to be a Bills fan even though I no longer would until changes were made that *I* approved of.
Or create an alias like Don't drink the water so I can ***** and rip on others and not have to own up to it.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2006, 04:03 PM
...go kick Marv in the face and take out Ralph's beating heart with my bare hands.

JD
01-19-2006, 04:45 PM
.... soil my pants

Bmax
01-19-2006, 05:15 PM
say the good ole boy network is alive and well in buffalo. Most of the nfl gets it the bills just don't. Hire a guy who has failed .. Over guys who have won...Brilliant

Bmax

quadracer
01-19-2006, 05:58 PM
start smoking crack like marv and ralph

Dont drink the water
01-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Or create an alias like Don't drink the water so I can ***** and rip on others and not have to own up to it.

:rolleyes:

Oh well. I created an account on BillsZone a while ago (In October, ask a MOD if you do not believe me) so it was NOT created just to harrass you. And when I went to respond you had not even responded (non-linear time) and it was an accident that it happened right after you (not the choice of new alias :cynic: , that was inspired by your *****ing) but if it inflates your already big ego to believe it was created just regarding you you are welcome to it.