PDA

View Full Version : IMO the Lofton interview....

OpIv37
01-19-2006, 12:11 PM
proves that it's between Sherman and Jauron. Think about it- Jauron on Tuesday, Sherman yesterday. A lot of names were tossed around- Gray, April, Haslett, Rivera- but Lofton was never one of them. Plus he has less experience than any of the other candidates. Now, on a whim Lofton is rushed in for an interview- wtf?

It seems to me that they already decided on either Jauron or Sherman and they just rushed Lofton in to meet the Rooney Rule requirements before they make the announcement. My guess is that there will be a press conference either tomorrow or Monday to announce the choice.

eyedog
01-19-2006, 12:17 PM
My guess is your absolutely correct.

ICE74129
01-19-2006, 12:20 PM
There is no need to wait until monday. Lets get it over with. Either they hire the right guy in Sherman or screw the pooch with Jauron. Lets just get it over with

OpIv37
01-19-2006, 12:22 PM
There is no need to wait until monday. Lets get it over with. Either they hire the right guy in Sherman or screw the pooch with Jauron. Lets just get it over with

insert "Dick screwing the pooch" joke here.

EricStratton
01-19-2006, 12:24 PM
It would be something if James comes in a blows them all away.

Maybe the announcement will be that James Loften is our new head coach.

Michael82
01-19-2006, 12:32 PM
It would be something if James comes in a blows them all away.

Maybe the announcement will be that James Loften is our new head coach.
:scared: :ill:

RedEyE
01-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I agree with Bryan ( :snicker: )

Seriously, this is Marv's way of doing things. Lofton has only been coaching for 4 years now. Rather than bring in a better qualified candidate like Cottrell or Gray, who they have no intention of hiring, Marv instead finds a way to not only abide by the rule, but to do so by way of helping a friend.

Bringing Lofton in to interview for the HC position will have heads turning and exploring Lofton for future consideration.

It's a win / win for everyone.

DraftBoy
01-19-2006, 01:07 PM
It may be also for the Rooney rule and the OC job. I gotta think that Marv is asking him all these questions so when he makes his announcement in a day or two, he has an OC ready to name also.

RedEyE
01-19-2006, 01:08 PM
That would be fine with me.

Michael82
01-19-2006, 01:33 PM
I agree with Bryan ( :snicker: )

Seriously, this is Marv's way of doing things. Lofton has only been coaching for 4 years now. Rather than bring in a better qualified candidate like Cottrell or Gray, who they have no intention of hiring, Marv instead finds a way to not only abide by the rule, but to do so by way of helping a friend.

Bringing Lofton in to interview for the HC position will have heads turning and exploring Lofton for future consideration.

It's a win / win for everyone.
It's Lofton's 2nd interview. The Raiders also interviewed him for their Head Coach position. :up:

BFLOBILLSBURGH
01-19-2006, 01:54 PM
I have no doubts that Lofton will be a great coach in this league, but not now and please not in Buffalo. OC would be good. But Sherman should get to interview his own coordinators.