PDA

View Full Version : Possible DE player?

DraftBoy
01-19-2006, 01:22 PM
ESPN Insider is reporting that DE Micheal Haynes is disgrunteled in Chicago and has been asked to either be released or traded. I liked this guy at Penn State and he has never really been given a chance to play consistently in Chicago, so he could probably be brought in rather cheaply. I think he'd be a hell of an upgrade over Kelsay.

gladiator26
01-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Draft Tamba hali and you get same college with a quicker lineman and better motor

Jan Reimers
01-19-2006, 01:52 PM
ESPN Insider is reporting that DE Micheal Haynes is disgrunteled in Chicago and has been asked to either be released or traded. I liked this guy at Penn State and he has never really been given a chance to play consistently in Chicago, so he could probably be brought in rather cheaply. I think he'd be a hell of an upgrade over Kelsay.
If he's so good, why isn't he playing?

I think Haynes is one of those unfocused guys who takes plays off and doesn't work as hard as he should.

At least Kelsay gives 100%.

The Spaz
01-19-2006, 01:59 PM
I think our ends are fins with Schobel and the Kelsay Denney tandem. The interior is what we need at least one to pair with Adams if we keep him and another to eventually replace Adams.

DraftBoy
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM

I think Haynes is one of those unfocused guys who takes plays off and doesn't work as hard as he should.

Well when you have two All-Pro's ahead of you in Alex Brown and Ogunleye its tough to get PT. Id like to see you prove that Kelsay gives 100% every play and Haynes takes plays off, its always nice that we can all make unsubstantiated (sp?) claims about players who we have no idea about.

EDS
01-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Has he done anything with the snaps he played? I am just asking because I have never seen him play but remember him being a first rounder.

pintonick96
01-19-2006, 02:06 PM

Well you thought wrong. I saw him play at Penn State and the guy is nasty. Lovie Smith said he's a good player and he just isnt fitting well into the direction they're going. He's a great player and would be a good pickup.

Jan Reimers
01-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Well you thought wrong. I saw him play at Penn State and the guy is nasty. Lovie Smith said he's a good player and he just isnt fitting well into the direction they're going. He's a great player and would be a good pickup.
Sorry, but the Bears are not the Nittany Lions, the NFL is not overrated Big Ten, and Haynes doesn't get to play Toledo, Temple, Central Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Nortwestern and Purdue anymore.

College success doesn't always translate to success at the professional level. Perhaps Haynes is the defensive equivalent of Curtis Enis.

I have also watched a number of super talented collegians absolutely dominate their competition. Many did not have great professional careers.

To say this guy would be great with us, or better than Kelsay, is quite a reach at this point.

gonzo1105
01-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I really dont care. I remember when we needed a DE and he was in the draft EVERYONE was praying that we took Haynes and we didn't and the board had a meltdown. The truth is idc who he is stuck behind he hasn't done squat in the league yet and he isn't worth trading for. Let the Bears cut him then pick him up but he isn't worth giving up a draft pick for.

Dont drink the water
01-19-2006, 03:13 PM
I think our ends are fins with Schobel and the Kelsay Denney tandem. The interior is what we need at least one to pair with Adams if we keep him and another to eventually replace Adams.

No we need one better than Adams. We already have an overpaid, old DT who only plays how he wants and picks up his toys and leaves if they do not make him the star. We do not need another.

pintonick96
01-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Sorry, but the Bears are not the Nittany Lions, the NFL is not overrated Big Ten, and Haynes doesn't get to play Toledo, Temple, Central Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Nortwestern and Purdue anymore.

College success doesn't always translate to success at the professional level. Perhaps Haynes is the defensive equivalent of Curtis Enis.

I have also watched a number of super talented collegians absolutely dominate their competition. Many did not have great professional careers.

To say this guy would be great with us, or better than Kelsay, is quite a reach at this point.

I also said Lovie Smith thinks hes a great player just not what their looking for. They said he was deactivated not because he's a lesser player, but the other guy fits in the system better.