• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Players worthy of a #8 pick...

Which players do you feel are worthy of a #8 pick? I've been thinking about this alot and I find that if any of the following are taken, #8 becomes worthless to us, as the level of performance from the next batch of players is much lower (unless we are able to trade down):

1. Reggie Bush - RB - too good to pass up if he somehow fell to us
    2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson - OT - would be a big step toward improving our OLine
    3. Mario Williams -DE - together with Schobel, would be an awesome sacking Dline
    4. Haloti Ngata - DT - would help clog the middle, but questionable on level of talent faced in college
    5. Michael Huff - CB/S - possibly to replace NC if we were to lose him. But if we end up keeping Nate, we could probably stand to pick up a developmental prospect in a later round.

If all of the above were to be taken by the time our #8 pick came, I would be very disappointed!!! In my opinion, our draft has to take one of the these 5 people!!!

There are others that rank high enough to be worthy, but that I wouldn't want the Bills to take (like Matt Leinhart, Vince Young, or AJ Hawk). Currently, I feel we have more pressing needs.
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Re: Players worthy of a #8 pick...

Unless Reggie gets in some kind of accident or incident between now and the draft, there's not a snowball's chance in Hades of him falling to #8...

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

With Leinart and Young in the mix I seriously doubt all those guys will be gone.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

I think Bush, Leinart, Young, D'Brick and Williams are unquestionably going top 6-7, so it comes down to who else is taken before 8. If Nate is traded then I can see maybe going after a corner, but otherwise I wouldn't touch a corner in the first few rounds of this draft given other needs.

Best thing for the Bills would be to draft Ngata or trade down (I know, not easy, but a later first and a second could really allow the Bills to get quality and volume and rebuild the lines).

Comment

• gladiator26
          • Jan 2006

WHAT HAPPENED TO JIMMY WILLIAMS, HE HAS FREAKISH SKILLS WOULD HE BE THERE...

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

D'Brichshaw has shown some tendency to drop with all the skill posistion players available. I would not be shocked to see him fall to us at 8 and if we dont take him we would be crazy, and Id be first in line to call for Marv's head.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Which players do you feel are worthy of a #8 pick? I've been thinking about this alot and I find that if any of the following are taken, #8 becomes worthless to us, as the level of performance from the next batch of players is much lower (unless we are able to trade down):

There are others that rank high enough to be worthy, but that I wouldn't want the Bills to take (like Matt Leinhart, Vince Young, or AJ Hawk). Currently, I feel we have more pressing needs.
              I know he is not a real pressing need if TKO comes back, HOWEVER if AJ Hawk is there I think we have to take a serious look at him. This guy is one of the best LBer's I have seen coming out of college! TKO my never be the same player he once was and even if he is AJ would be a great pick, for the 4-3 or 3-4. I just don't think you let a player like that slip by. I still think we get our O-line help during free agent period.
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

Working...
              X