PDA

View Full Version : Sherman is Your Man

ratso
01-19-2006, 10:10 PM
I think Mike Sherman is what we need. Living here in the midwest, I could not see a guy who was in a no-win situation more than him outside of maybe Haslett in 2005.

This guy had Farve crammed down his throat from day one. He couldnt even force this guy to commit to next season without the entire state of Wisconsin getting on his ass. He was forced to live and die with him and not even have the perk of having a super bowl QB teach the first rounder who was the future because Farve said he refused to teach the kid anything. He then loses Green who he wasnt really wild about to begin with becasue of the fumbleitis. He lost two OL to free agency and was really hurt by injuries on defense. Losing Mackenzie turned out to be huge and we all know were he stood at WR. They were getting ready to call Lofton out of retirement.

I understand he has a less than stellar playoff record but I would love to have a guy right now who has trouble winning in the playoffs because that would mean we were in the playoffs.

Reading the papers here, many of the oldtimers like Starr loved him and he was gone as soon as Favre decided he wanted to stay. Considering the hire by GB I know two things. He was made a scapegoat and GB will not be getting back to the playoffs anytime soon.

Devin
01-19-2006, 10:14 PM
I dont disagree with much there although I do find it a bit hard to believe Favre would refuse to teach someone....anyone....especially a rookie QB who is absolutley no threat to him.

Turf
01-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks for your analysis, Coach Sherman :)

ratso
01-19-2006, 10:23 PM
In a recent ESPN interview, Favre said “he wasn’t being paid to coach” and that “it’s not in his contract to teach” Rodgers. As a result of those comments, Favre has received criticism from the national media for a perceived unwillingness to help the player who could be the Packers’ quarterback of the future.

bernielivsey_1
01-19-2006, 10:27 PM
:handball: Im glad its down to us and the Raiders. We call the shots and there isnt any reason why we cant hire any of these other coaches we've seen as coordinators. But its doubtful. :beers:

jimbohastle51
01-19-2006, 10:27 PM
i am sure if he did well in the interview that he will get the job, i mean buffalo and GB are similar in size and crazy football fans and the weather and all so i think that this is a good fit for him and a good hire for the bills, he is a good offensive coach and is good with the kinda QB that losman is because whether any of us like it or not for at least one or 2 more years JP will be the guy. maybe sherm can get us to the post season, hell if he can bring us to the playoffs in consecutive years that would be a miricle compared to the past 2 coaches. go sherman!

Devin
01-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Wow!

Kerr
01-19-2006, 10:41 PM
I never liked Favre.
He didn't have to teach Rodgers if he didn't want to, but for the same reason favre was taken under someone's wing, it'd be nice of him to give something back.

Meathead
01-19-2006, 11:05 PM
i have no idea who u are ratso but you took the word right out my mouth

i dont get this "you had farve so of course you kicked ass" idea

pause for a moment and think of all the kick ass qbs whose team certainly didnt

yeah

right now sherman is the sure man and its ****ing crazy not to hire his lilly white ass

thats my ni@@a

mikemac2001
01-19-2006, 11:15 PM
bobby april

Meathead
01-19-2006, 11:19 PM
i dont know if its just me but every time i hear that name i cant not think of that song johnny angel lamo

johnny angel, how i love you

cant take a guy like that seriously

Meathead
01-19-2006, 11:20 PM
jk

but im with the average joe bills fan, no more experiments give me a veteran winner

after this string of flame out rooks id probably rather see a flame out vet just for the variety

lol