PDA

View Full Version : Jets' Heimerdinger upset that he has to stay...

Michael82
01-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Many thought Heimerdinger would be let go, and were linking him to jobs in Denver and Houston. But now he gets another shot to help an offense that struggled mightily in 2005 without Chad Pennington or Curtis Martin.

Heimerdinger said his meeting with Mangini went well and he was impressed with Mangini's energy. He said it didn't make a difference that he would be working for someone so much younger. Mangini turned 35 Thursday.

"His experience is good, age doesn't make a difference," Heimerdinger said.

Despite those kind remarks, however, Heimerdinger expressed overall dissatisfaction with his situation in New York during an interview Thursday.

"I'm not upset because this may be a rebuilding situation," he told the Newark Star-Ledger. "I'm upset because I came to work for Herman Edwards and I'm having to stay and work for someone not named Herman Edwards.

"Also, I'm upset because I interviewed for the [head] job and obviously I was third in the pecking order [behind Mangini and Mike Tice]. So, I wasn't good enough for the job and I still have to stay. I'm not happy with the situation."

Heimerdinger's agent, Bob Lamonte, told the Star-Ledger that his client is "grossly unhappy" and hopes there is a way to "work toward an amicable conclusion."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2298563

Michael82
01-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Oh man. Poor Jets. They get all excited about keeping him and then he whines because he doesn't want to stay there. :rofl:

TigerJ
01-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Heimerdinger's agent, Bob Lamonte, told the Star-Ledger that his client is "grossly unhappy" and hopes there is a way to "work toward an amicable conclusion."

Translation: A big salary increase would be a wonderful anti-depressant.

Michael82
01-20-2006, 07:35 AM
Translation: A big salary increase would be a wonderful anti-depressant.
It's always about the benjamins. :$:

Ickybaluky
01-20-2006, 07:46 AM
He knows he has a job waiting for him in Denver, where he would replace Gary Kubiak as OC. Heimerdinger was a WR coach in Denver under Shanahan before leaving to be OC in Tennessee, and the two are very close (they were roommates in college). It was pretty much a given he would replace Kubiak if the Jets released him from his contract.

Michael82
01-20-2006, 08:20 PM
He knows he has a job waiting for him in Denver, where he would replace Gary Kubiak as OC. Heimerdinger was a WR coach in Denver under Shanahan before leaving to be OC in Tennessee, and the two are very close (they were roommates in college). It was pretty much a given he would replace Kubiak if the Jets released him from his contract.
That's exactly it. He should have the right to term his contract and go to Denver to replace Kubiak. Besides, Denver is much better off than the Jets.

Throne Logic
01-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I really kind of surprised that his contract doesn't somehow give him an out with the departure of Edwards. I bet coordinators start asking for that out in the future. I'm here, but if the HC that hired me leaves, I want the option to leave, too. Especially, since there is a very real possiblility that they could be retained just long enough to miss an other job openings before the NEW HC decides to cut them loose.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 08:30 PM
That's exactly it. He should have the right to term his contract and go to Denver to replace Kubiak. Besides, Denver is much better off than the Jets.

Uh the cardnails are better off then the :jetsuck: right now

Michael82
01-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Uh the cardnails are better off then the :jetsuck: right now
:rofl: So true.

Samphin1
01-21-2006, 01:06 AM
Wow, no one is hitting the obvious joke here.

OF COURSE HE IS UPSET! Wouldn't you be if you had to work for the Jets? Thank you I will be here all night...or for five more minutes, whatever comes first.

Bill Brasky
01-21-2006, 02:38 AM
"I'm not upset because this may be a rebuilding situation," he told the Newark Star-Ledger. "I'm upset because I came to work for Herman Edwards and I'm having to stay and work for someone not named Herman Edwards.

Heimerdinger also told Newsday Long Island, "I can't believe the Jets were dumb enough to trade our good coach away for a 4th round pick. Then they get some snot-nosed 35 year old kid who had 1 year under the second coming of Jesus Christ. THEN, he shows up to the press conference and he doesn't even wear the team colors! The taxes here are pretty high too." Heimerdinger, who was thought to be leaving the Jets, also said "The Jets suck, they're even worse than Buffalo, of course I'm pissed I'm still here. I was hoping Mularkey would stay in Buffalo, but now with him gone, we are definitely going to finish in last again"

BleedinGreenNC
01-21-2006, 10:17 AM
i am not trying to sit here and talk smack to anyone, but i for one understand where Dinger is coming from, i would be pissed too. And this past season, we stunk really bad, but my question to you is this, what did you do this year? Do you have a head coach right now? I am not going to sit here and mimic what all of the Fins fans usually do and throw taunts about not winning a superbowl, and all that crap, i am just stating the obvious, you guys had a horrible season as well, and arguing who is the best of the worst is just pointless.

Michael82
01-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Wow, no one is hitting the obvious joke here.

OF COURSE HE IS UPSET! Wouldn't you be if you had to work for the Jets? Thank you I will be here all night...or for five more minutes, whatever comes first.
:rofl:

G. Host
01-22-2006, 02:43 PM

If he was fired he would be entitled to full salary so if he is not fired he is obligated to stay. It works both ways. Salaries should not be guarenteed but they are so the coaches need to take the bad with the good.