PDA

View Full Version : The Bills are 1 of the top 5 reasons Marino never won a SB!

Mitchy moo
01-20-2006, 07:24 AM
At 9 p.m. Tuesday, ESPN Classic -- as part of its Top Five Reasons series -- airs, ''Top Five Reasons You Can't Blame Dan Marino for Never Winning a Super Bowl.'' Reason No. 1 won't be revealed until the show. Reasons 2-5 are, according to ESPN Classic, the Buffalo Bills, Jimmy Johnson, the Dolphins' defense and replacing the Marks Brothers.Don Shula told ESPN, ``I wasn't able to get the balanced offense that we needed in order to help our defense and to help Dan get the most out of his ability. So, you know, I failed in that regard.''
Former Bills QB Jim Kelly told the network, 'We used to laugh when we heard every single year, `We're committed to the running game.' They

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13667478.htm

This is so awesome and really crushed all dollfans dreams.
:monkeyp: http://imagecache2.allposters.com/IMAGES/SSM/MARIPHS016004_a.jpg (http://www.starpulse.com/Athletes/Marino,_Dan/gallery/9/)

Pride
01-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Ahhh... the days of the greatest rivalry in football are looong gone.

ublinkwescore
01-20-2006, 11:23 AM
We'll be back someday...

chernobylwraiths
01-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Man, I would like to see the one with Norwood. I can guess a few, but does anyone know what they used as the top five reasons?

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-21-2006, 07:30 AM
I'll take a stab at why the Bills didn't:

1. Coaching
2. Big time players not showing up in big time games
3. The NFC East
4. Alcohol
5. LACES OUT!!!!

Mitchy moo
01-21-2006, 07:46 AM

1. Coaching
3. The NFC East
4. Alcohol
5. LACES OUT!!!!

Alcohol is # 1, they got drunk before the SB every year = A buffalo stain.

!Papacrunk!
01-21-2006, 08:47 AM
To quote some other fans---why live in the past. I guess it depends if it's advantageous or not.

(and yes, the undefeated stuff was before my time)

That Guy
01-21-2006, 08:59 AM
#1 has to be Dan's stubbornness. It wasn't Shula's fault that he wouldn't let them have a RB.

chernobylwraiths
01-21-2006, 10:30 AM

1. Coaching
3. The NFC East
4. Alcohol
5. LACES OUT!!!!

I would go with

1. Didn't use Thurman enough
2. 3rd and 19 (Darryl, how could you miss him?!)
3. Nose tackle too small to plug the middle (released Smerlas)
4. McKeller catching that ball for 1 yard and keeping the clock running (last drive)
5. Hostetler holding onto the ball for safety ( if he fumbled, could have been TD)

Historian
01-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Marino's problem was one of perception.

He had some early success, and that success haunted him the rest of his career. How could anyone live up to that hype?

Marino this, Marino that. Announcers used to salavate over his name....much the way they fawn over Manning now.

He was only one guy on the roster.

And it showed at times.

MTBillsFan
01-21-2006, 01:53 PM
It was Marino's magic mullet at the begining of his career that powered him. Once he cut it... he lost his powers. Now he just a pompus ass on CBS who slings high def TV's. Just goes to show you need to run the ball/

Mr. Cynical
01-21-2006, 02:10 PM
I would go with

1. Didn't use Thurman enough
2. 3rd and 19 (Darryl, how could you miss him?!)
3. Nose tackle too small to plug the middle (released Smerlas)
4. McKeller catching that ball for 1 yard and keeping the clock running (last drive)
5. Hostetler holding onto the ball for safety ( if he fumbled, could have been TD)

I'd add Kelso to this list. What a WASTE of a safety. With that helmet he reminded me a that green spaceman from Flintstones, Kazoo. He SUCKED. Just watch replays... he was ALWAYS that last man to tackle. How he kept making the team I have no idea.

Billzz
01-21-2006, 06:13 PM
lol I have Kelso's Fleer 90' card. I laugh everytime I look at his stupid helmet on it.

He did have 19 picks in 3 years with 194 tackles. Not too bad for a DB.

Drafted by philly in the 10th round 1985 :)

Devin
01-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Former Bills QB Jim Kelly told the network, 'We used to laugh when we heard every single year, `We're committed to the running game.

:rofl:

Damn.

Bill Brasky
01-21-2006, 08:47 PM
The only thing better than us beating Miami would have been Miami getting massacred in the Super Bowl against Dallas.

Norwood's "Top Five" is on next tuesday.

clumping platelets
01-21-2006, 09:59 PM
#1 will be lack of a complimentary running game

Mitchy moo
01-21-2006, 10:05 PM
:rofl:

Damn.

Jim Kelly said that then, That there was fighting words.