PDA

View Full Version : Miami trade rumor.....

OpIv37
01-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Ricky Williams to Texans for David Carr, Texans take Vince Young #1.

I don't like it because I think it would help Miami. I'm not sure if there's any validity to it, but I work with a Fish fan and he told me that's the buzz in Miami. It certainly sounds reasonable and would help fill some holes for both teams.

Pride
01-20-2006, 09:22 AM
there have been rumors for several weeks bout this.

From a non bills fan perspective.. this is a win win for the phins/texans

Patrick76777
01-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Ricky Williams to Texans for David Carr, Texans take Vince Young #1.

I don't like it because I think it would help Miami. I'm not sure if there's any validity to it, but I work with a Fish fan and he told me that's the buzz in Miami. It certainly sounds reasonable and would help fill some holes for both teams.

David Carr is sweet! This would be terrible.

Jeff1220
01-20-2006, 09:31 AM
I saw this on PFT almost 2 weeks ago. It was from one of there "anonymous sources"

THATHURMANATOR
01-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Good trade for both teams!

Samphin1
01-20-2006, 09:42 AM
I doubt it happens. The Texans have already promised Bush he would be #1 ( even if they aren't fessing up to it ) and they picked up the option on David Carr. I think this is more wishful thinking on Miami's part.

Personally, I don't know how I would feel. QB is definitley in need of an upgrade in Miami but I am not sold yet on David Carr. Plus, ricky just got back into my good graces, I would hate to have to boo him again. :D

Kerr
01-20-2006, 10:10 AM
From my understanding, Texans owner Bob McNair, said he only spoke to Pete Carroll, but didn't promise him he would take Bush at #1. Gary Kubiak is expected to be hired as HC after the Broncos are done. It is said Kubiak likes to work with qb's and would first see whether he can help Carr or not. So if Kubiak doesn't like Carr, then there's definitely a good chance they will select Young with the 1st pick. It's all Kubiak's call.

feelthepain
01-20-2006, 10:25 AM
I think V.Young/D.Davis/R.Williams is far better then D.Carr/D.Davis/R.Bush IMO. Bush is a great RB and should have a great career, but so will Young plus he's their hometown boy. I think Young will be a very good QB, I also think Carr has a career but if you could have Young and Williams that would be the better combo IMO.

RedEyE
01-20-2006, 11:04 AM
I think that Carr has had a bad line his entire career in Houston. He has a hell of an arm and would really boost Miami's passing game.

Houston gets the **** end of the stick on this deal though. Vince Young, while looking invincible in the Rose Bowl, hasn't really proven himself otherwise. He has more question marks then Leinart IMO and therfore becomes a gamble.

They would also be gambling with Ricky Williams. I don't trust the guy not to flake again. I believe the only reason he is where he is now is that he didn't want to pay back the up0 front money to Miami. Once the debt is setteled, I can almost guarantee the guy disappears again.

Stupid move if the Texans are serious. They should just grab Bush and beef the line up for Carr.

tonyc37
01-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Thats old news.That rumor was flying around right after Young decalred for the draft

gr8slayer
01-20-2006, 02:34 PM
That would suck for us.

Samphin1
01-20-2006, 02:44 PM
I think that Carr has had a bad line his entire career in Houston. He has a hell of an arm and would really boost Miami's passing game.

Houston gets the **** end of the stick on this deal though. Vince Young, while looking invincible in the Rose Bowl, hasn't really proven himself otherwise. He has more question marks then Leinart IMO and therfore becomes a gamble.

They would also be gambling with Ricky Williams. I don't trust the guy not to flake again. I believe the only reason he is where he is now is that he didn't want to pay back the up0 front money to Miami. Once the debt is setteled, I can almost guarantee the guy disappears again.

Stupid move if the Texans are serious. They should just grab Bush and beef the line up for Carr.

Right. On. The. Money.