PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl for Snowy Buffalo????

venis2k1
01-24-2003, 09:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageId=10068891

They are seriously considering it for Giants Stadium. If they have it there then they cant say no to Buffalo.

Tagliabue thinks it could work. "Each Super Bowl would have a different theme, depending on where it's played, and if you had that kind of weather, it would be like the Winter Olympics,'' he said

venis2k1
01-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Super Bowl sites are voted on by the 32 club owners. The league's Super Bowl policy committee considers potential cites and is composed of six club executives _ Kate Blackburn of Cincinnati, Lamar Hunt of Kansas City, Mike McCaskey of Chicago, Art Rooney II of Pittsburgh, Ralph Wilson of Buffalo and Jim Irsay of Indianapolis.

Not a warm weather site among them.

The_Philster
01-24-2003, 09:15 PM
It'd be nice to see and it would help boost the local economy if only for a few weeks but the big reason they're making the exception for Washington and New York is because of 9/11.
Who knows though. If those games go well, maybe we'll have a chance in the future.

BillC
01-24-2003, 09:22 PM
The ONLY one seriously considering it is tags himself-

Look out your friggin' window- it's 5 freakin' degrees out! The corporate crowd shelling out 3 G's a ticket ain't gonna sit in 0 degree temps, AT NIGHT, to watch the Super bowl. They want to golf all day, party all night for a week prior.

Not look at the frozen swamps- If NYC gets a dome, maybe... other than that- a pipe deam

Buffarama
01-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Tell numbnuts to come up here this week. Who the heck wants to see a Super Bowl played in 5 degree weather with a -20 windchill. What kind of freak wants to sit through this.
The Super Bowl should be played in ideal conditions. Not NYC in the winter.

BillC
01-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Forget Buffalo-

BillC
01-24-2003, 09:33 PM
The NFL has a better shot playing in Toronto than Buffalo-

If you ranked the 32 clubs asked to host the game, Buffalo would be 31 or 32 out of 32.

The_Philster
01-24-2003, 09:48 PM
scary thing is that Slick Willie is right. It's a pretty long shot about Buffalo hosting a Super Bowl. For one thing, it would depend on how the games go in the Meadowlands and in DC. For another, we'd have to start getting some serious global warming or else get a dome...and we don't want either of those things. Buffalo is too cold for the pansy-@$$ed CEO's and celebrities who go to the Super Bowl.

kgun12
01-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama
Tell numbnuts to come up here this week. Who the heck wants to see a Super Bowl played in 5 degree weather with a -20 windchill. What kind of freak wants to sit through this.
The Super Bowl should be played in ideal conditions. Not NYC in the winter.

ME! I love going to Bills games in this WX. I know I'm crazy, but I would rather have this WX than 90 Degrees and high humidity>:cold:

Cntrygal
01-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Since Doug or honey hasn't seen this thread yet... I'll use their favorite saying.....

"It's all about Benjamins"

ublinkwescore
01-25-2003, 11:01 AM
I think they should base the superbowl at each (but a different one every time) stadium/dome every year. They should go through each team or each division. Like the next four years could be the AFC East, then the next four years after that could be the NFC East and so on. It pisses me off knowing that the NFL had the nerve to say "in rain, sleet or snow, the game of football is played" put a stinkin' superbowl in a cold weather stadium, and give all NFL locales an equal shot at hosting a Superbowl. Buffalo deserves it.

WG
01-25-2003, 11:24 AM
When this first came out months ago, they were talking about NYC and Washington, not Buffalo, G.B., etc.

I'm sure there'd have to be a city and something to do before they'd have it somewhere. Washington, NYC, Chicago, Boston/N.E., maybe Baltimore now, possibly Philly in their new stadium, Tennessee perhaps, may be candidates.

But cities like Buffalo, Milwaukee/G.B., Pittsburgh, Cleveland, K.C., and Cincy won't ever be options. Could you imagine a SB as the weather is now. OY! At night too like C said, it just ain't gonna happen.

It would have to be a large market city and one that has something goin' on besides wings and Niagara Falls in the winter.