X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

I have to think that Sherman coaching in Buffalo is a done deal

Why in the world would he not have been asked to interview anywhere else?

Houston and Oakland both have vacancies. Even if one of them is attempting to grab up Kubiak, they wouldn't just waste their time before initiating the process.

Let's face it, Sherman has to be the prime candidate currently available. The only one left on the shelf.

Why is no one else biting?
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: I have to think that Sherman coaching in Buffalo is a done deal

I think(hope) youre right. This is killing me. I dont know whats more suspensful, the fact that i want to hire a coach quickly, or that i want to find out Dick Juron is NOT our coach.

Comment

• hydro014
      • May 2004

Originally posted by RedEyE

Houston and Oakland both have vacancies. Even if one of them is attempting to grab up Kubiak, they wouldn't just waste their time before initiating the process.

Let's face it, Sherman has to be the prime candidate currently available. The only one left on the shelf.

IMO its because he's not the best HC prospect. I have been hearing that Jim Bates, his former DC, is more sought after than Sherman. You have to think that if he was that good of a coach he would not have lasted through this week of all the new HC being named. am i the only one that this kinda bothers? Also, some of the die hard GB fans have been laughing at the fact we might be getting him.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

who in the hell have you been hearing that (Jim Bates being more desired than Sherman) from?

GB fans are not the smartest fans in my experience.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Why dont they like him in Green Bay? He had 1 losing season in 5 years. We've had 1 winning season in 5 years. Id gladly swap. In the D&C today, they said a big positive that Sherman showed was his offensive fix plan. He showed ways he could fix this offense and utilize JP Losman. Thats one of my top priorities in a coach. But back to my question, what was their reasons for findin it comical that we might get him?

Comment

• hydro014
            • May 2004

Not as a HC, but as a DC. But everyone with DC needs is all over him. Other than the bills no other team has put to much stock in Sherman as a HC, OC or any type of personal. Why is that, b/c he's to good, i highly doubt it. Why is marv and ralph the only ones he knocked their socks off. IMO if he was that good some other teams would want to bring him in to help their team win, i any aspect. How many teams even gave him an interview, 2, NO and NYJ, if he's that good dont you think other teams would want him, not just the bills?

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by hydro014
              IMO its because he's not the best HC prospect. I have been hearing that Jim Bates, his former DC, is more sought after than Sherman. You have to think that if he was that good of a coach he would not have lasted through this week of all the new HC being named. am i the only one that this kinda bothers? Also, some of the die hard GB fans have been laughing at the fact we might be getting him.
              I have not seen that anywhere. The 80+ member of the Tulsa Packerbackers is pissed damn near to a person that sherman was fired. My brother the Vikes fan is HAPPY the SOB is gone. So are most Bear, Lion and vikes fans.

The man is the only REAL honest to God, worth a damn, HC candidate out there. You are NEVER going to find a WINNING HC sitting on the street like this guy is.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                Why dont they like him in Green Bay? He had 1 losing season in 5 years. We've had 1 winning season in 5 years. Id gladly swap. In the D&C today, they said a big positive that Sherman showed was his offensive fix plan. He showed ways he could fix this offense and utilize JP Losman. Thats one of my top priorities in a coach. But back to my question, what was their reasons for findin it comical that we might get him?
                Supposivly it's because he is the reason for the losing season. Now forget all the injuries this season that's the HC fault right. He is also responsible for them losing in all thier playoff games. Cause it's his fault that favre throws 4 picks in a game. It's also his fault that players left GB. Forget the time period were in with greedy players and no loyalty anymore.

He also supposivly runs a care free locker room that has no disipline in it and the players just do whatever they like. So basiclly to sum it up GB fans are just mad cause they hired the 49ers OC. Yeah i'm sure that will be a great improvement over sherman. The packers are screwed for sometime now. They have let players get old and useless to them.

I for one am not listening to what some disgruntled GB fans have to say about thier former coach. They just got thier panties all bunched up over nothing. IMO thier just mad cause they have not won a super bowl since the 90's. So thier all pissy about it when ever they loose in the playoffs and they will never blame Favre for a poor performence. But they will definatlly blame the HC just like they did with holmgren.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  • Sep 2002

for Ice...

Comment

• hydro014
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                    From what i have heard, its b/s he was handed a superbowl team 5 years ago and everytime they got to the playoffs they lost. Many say that the team took Sherman to the playoff those 4 years and if they had a better coach they might have went further. Also, they contribute the NFC north to a lot of his success. He let 2 pro bowl OL go last year, as a GM his drafting skills sucked (which would not affect us), every third and long was a draw play( ask a GB fan, it happened 90% of the time), and he was way to conservative, oh yeah and he was a very bad play caller.

Comment

• Bufftp
                      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I have to think that no one knows what is going on at one geriatric drive.
                      I also believe the main participants on the Bills fail to remember from one candidate to the next. So the odds are the last man in, is it.
                      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                      to be led by permanent ideals -
                      that is what keeps a man patient
                      when the world ignores him,
                      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• hydro014
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        I have not seen that anywhere. The 80+ member of the Tulsa Packerbackers is pissed damn near to a person that sherman was fired. My brother the Vikes fan is HAPPY the SOB is gone. So are most Bear, Lion and vikes fans.

The man is the only REAL honest to God, worth a damn, HC candidate out there. You are NEVER going to find a WINNING HC sitting on the street like this guy is.
                        Then why out of 10 HC openings, are we the only team that wants him?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          • Sep 2002

Maybe because we're the first ones to learn not to put all of your eggs into the Up and Coming Coordinator basket...

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                            • Feb 2005

If Sherman was such a great coach they would not have fired him for a OC with the worst offense in the league, i mean this guy they hired hasnt shown anything, Besides being terrible. You think is Sherman was the god that you guys make him out to be, they would have dropped him for this fool?

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE

I disagree. If Sherman is really the guy they want, why are they still looking?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X