PDA

View Full Version : It is becoming more embarrassing by the day to be a Bills fan

ICE74129
01-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I swear to God. Lets see....once in a lifetime some team is so damn dumb they dump a WINNING Head coach and instead of just hiring the guy, we bring in complete failures to interview as well?
<o:p> </o:p>
I know a thorough Search was going to be had, but damn folks…I didn’t know it was an attempt to see if how many of the NFL’s most pathetic we could interview.
<o:p> </o:p>
I don’t see what the problem is. I really don’t. This is friggin ridiculous!

ZacGriffi~82
01-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Good god.

You ever think their may be other motives for these interviews?? Have some patience. You don't know what's else is going on behind the scenes.

lordofgun
01-20-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm enjoying the process. :faint:

Typ0
01-20-2006, 04:24 PM
it is a process...and as an organization when you commit to a certain hiring process you follow through with it no matter what...otherwise you end up getting burned time after time by first impressions. I have no problem with the fact that the big guys are taking a deep breath and looking at different candidates. I'm just sitting back, relaxing, and paitiently waiting for some real news instead of all this crap.

muestafa1
01-20-2006, 04:31 PM
I am thoroughly embarrassed that the Bills who didn't have the luxure to prepare for a head coach search since they believed their head coach to be staying, have moved at this dreadful "snails pace" of interviewing at least one HC candidate each day... What on earth are they thinking? Bring 'em in round the clock - wake them out of bed if they have to... And yikes, they're talking to multiple candidates, listening to multiple viewpoints as to how the team could proceed... What on earth can be gained by this kind of blasphemy?

Seriously, time to have some patience... it's not like this search has been going on for months or even weeks really. Teams that fired their head coach were able to start their searches well in advance, at least planning on who they would interview

What's more embarassing is sitting in this forum hitting the refresh button looking for any new tidbit of information to pop up about the new hire... (I'm guilty as charged!)

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 04:33 PM
I am actually sick of seein these threads. If you can't take the good with the bad then get off the wagon and go find anthor team.

I understand that people are frustrated over things but we don't everything that is going on behind the scenes. A small fact that everyone seems to be overlooking is this.

The season ended and so did a lot of HC jobs. Here in buffalo MM was given a vote of confidence. Then out of nowhere he bolts a week later. The bills are a week behind the rest of the league so have patience.

If your embaressed to be a bills fan then IMO your a fair weather fan. Hell right now i'm wearing my bills hat and t-shirt. I'm never embarresed of the bills nor should you be either.

Novacane
01-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Do you throw temper tantrums everytime things don't happen on your time table Ice or do you just do it here to annoy all of us??????????

MountainMan
01-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Probably shouldn't discount the sting old Ralphie may still feel on the point of "football nepotism". Ever since the Wade Phillips Affair we've had a steady stream of media and fan complaints about "cronyism". Our recently departed coach got his own share of criticism on the subject of hiring "buddies" who appeared thinly qualified for the jobs they were taking.

Maybe the single most common media and fan gripe against Sherman over time has been his hiring of "old friends" who turn out to be questionable assistants. Ralph may be getting on in his years, but he's probably willing to spend a little more time flipping rocks rather than settle on someone presumed to have a flaw that's the same one leveled against the past 3 coaches Ralph's hired.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Do you throw temper tantrums everytime things don't happen on your time table Ice or do you just do it here to annoy all of us??????????

:rofl:

ICE74129
01-20-2006, 04:40 PM
I am actually sick of seein these threads. If you can't take the good with the bad then get off the wagon and go find anthor team.

I understand that people are frustrated over things but we don't everything that is going on behind the scenes. A small fact that everyone seems to be overlooking is this.

The season ended and so did a lot of HC jobs. Here in buffalo MM was given a vote of confidence. Then out of nowhere he bolts a week later. The bills are a week behind the rest of the league so have patience.

If your embaressed to be a bills fan then IMO your a fair weather fan. Hell right now i'm wearing my bills hat and t-shirt. I'm never embarresed of the bills nor should you be either.

I am actually sick of homeristic jerks that dont understand we as fans have the right to vent as we see fit. I also am sick of the same homeristic jerks trying to say what a fan is or isn't and what we have to do or not have to do in order to be a fan.

So I guess I am saying for all of us that are tired of tolerating being the laughing stock of the league....bite me! This is what the board is for, Don't like my posts, stay the hell off of them. Very simple concept.

ICE74129
01-20-2006, 04:42 PM

Actually it is called yanking the chains of the insanely stupid. I see you and mike bit.

tat2dmike77
I am actually sick of homeristic jerks that dont understand we as fans have the right to vent as we see fit. I also am sick of the same homeristic jerks trying to say what a fan is or isn't and what we have to do or not have to do in order to be a fan.

So I guess I am saying for all of us that are tired of tolerating being the laughing stock of the league....bite me! This is what the board is for, Don't like my posts, stay the hell off of them. Very simple concept.

Try diging the sand out of your vaginia

If you don't like my post the keep scrolling along then

lordofgun
I actually don't think we should be in hurry. There are plently of qualified candidates (such as Jax and Car DCs like mountain man mentioned) still out there, and I want to make sure we get the right one.

ICE74129
01-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Try diging the sand out of your vaginia

If you don't like my post the keep scrolling along then

Better idea, wipe ralph off of your chin and realise we are the laughing stocks of the entire NFL and getting moreso by the day. That is unless Ralph and his buddy marv actually do something about it. Until then and until a WINNING Buffalo Bills team is seen again, I and every true Bills fan reserve the right to *****.

You can go back to hugging your marv blowup doll now.

Philagape
01-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I already know my vote for Whiner of the Year 2006

lordofgun
01-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Let's cut the personal attacks, guys. Thanks.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Better idea, wipe ralph off of your chin and realise we are the laughing stocks of the entire NFL and getting moreso by the day. That is unless Ralph and his buddy marv actually do something about it. Until then and until a WINNING Buffalo Bills team is seen again, I and every true Bills fan reserve the right to *****.

You can go back to hugging your marv blowup doll now.

I think the lions are worse off then the bills.

Are you jealous cause you don't have a marv blow up doll.

Keep diggin i don't think all the sand is completly out yet either

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 04:53 PM

ok that was my last one

dolphinssuck
01-20-2006, 04:54 PM
I would think people would be more patient I mean we got what we wanted MM is gone. Now all we have to do is wait and see who takes his place and Id rather it take some time than take the 1st that comes along because that one might not be the right fit. Good things come to those who wait and we should be patient with the process.

ICE74129
01-20-2006, 04:54 PM
I already know my vote for Whiner of the Year 2006

Who, you? Not me, I just tell it how it is. Go ask anyone in the world not wearing a Bills gear what we are thought of. Not only that, Hell just ask most real Bills fans what we are.

Truth hurts. We suck. And we will continue to unless something is done about it. So far it is the parade of NFL losers (minus sherman) fileing through OBD.

Now I will insert this tidbit, it is POSSIBLE Jim Caldwell, is bring brought in to be OC and Capers DC, but I wont buy it until it is done.

Bill Cody
01-20-2006, 04:55 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>

Thanks much for sharing.:boring:

feelthepain
01-20-2006, 05:04 PM
:popcorn:

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 05:16 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Iehoshua
01-20-2006, 05:20 PM
:hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump:

Novacane
01-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Actually it is called yanking the chains of the insanely stupid. I see you and mike bit.

Yeah riiiiiiight. We're supposed to believe that after the 100 whining thread you've started this week.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah riiiiiiight. We're supposed to believe that after the 100 whining thread you've started this week.

He's just mad cause nobody is buying his BS

Philagape
01-20-2006, 06:01 PM

Worst Whiner is a BZ award :D

ArcticWildMan
01-20-2006, 06:09 PM
I still want to know what winning coach we dumped? :idunno:

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
I still want to know what winning coach we dumped? :idunno:

:puke:Wade Phillips?

ArcticWildMan
01-20-2006, 06:36 PM
OK, I'll buy that. I thought he was referring to Marv. Marv left on his own, nobody forced him out. It seems so long since we had a coach with a winning record i forgot about Wade.

Letting Wade go was a mistake and we have been struggling ever since. I hope Ralph has learned his lesson from that.

AndreReed83
01-20-2006, 06:41 PM
I personally don't think a sports team is worth feeling some sort of national embarrassment over. In fact, I think if someone actually is so embarrassed about a sports team that they worry about others laughing at them or their friends think you liking a certain team is embarrassing and laugh at you about it, then priorities are not where they need to be. For me, there are just more important things in life then to feel embarrassed about a sports team that I have no control over, despite the fact they might be my favorite sprots team.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Wade just got into a pissing contest with butler. He also had a the johnson flutie thing to deal with. I never thought he was a bad coach but he wasn't great either. But atleast he did take the bills to the postseason.

lordofgun
01-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Letting go of Wade was not a mistake, and had we hired Lewis or Fox, no one would even remember Wade.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Letting go of Wade was not a mistake, and had we hired Lewis or Fox, no one would even remember Wade.

I would i'm wade phillips illegitamate child

ublinkwescore
01-20-2006, 06:55 PM
My Last name is Phillips too - I want my past due child support!!!

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 07:38 PM

Are you my long lost brother that my mom has told me about?

Bill Brasky
01-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I swear to God. Lets see....once in a lifetime some team is so damn dumb they dump a WINNING Head coach and instead of just hiring the guy, we bring in complete failures to interview as well?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
I know a thorough Search was going to be had, but damn folks…I didn’t know it was an attempt to see if how many of the NFL’s most pathetic we could interview.
<o:p></o:p>

chill dude. you don't just hire somebody right away.

when you apply for jobs don't you usually wait awhile before hearing back?

organizations usually take their time and sift through all the candidates.

there were other teams that took longer than Buffalo to find a coach. The Lions didn't even hire anyone til this week and they've been looking for months now. Do you want them to hire some idiot in 2 days, or spend two weeks and get the guy they think is right?

Stop watching ESPN and crapping your pants... I don't watch them anymore, but I'm sure they don't have a story to report so they are probably making this out to be 20X worse than it is.

ArcticWildMan
01-20-2006, 08:01 PM

So Williams and Mularkey were better than him? Your logic makes no sense at all. We didn't hire Fox or Lewis so that is a moot point.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Stop watching ESPN and crapping your pants... I don't watch them anymore, but I'm sure they don't have a story to report so they are probably making this out to be 20X worse than it is.

ESPN is the devil.

All of us bills fans should :crack: ESPN. Or maybe one of us could:box: stuart scott and give him anthor jacked up eye.
I mean when a :dork:like john clayton is thier insider they got some problems. IMO thier startting to alienate viewers.That seasn salisbury is nothing but an :assclown: anyway he thinks he is god.

In other words ESPN makes me wanna :blowup:

Gunzlingr
01-20-2006, 08:18 PM

Lou Diamond? I wonder what happened to you!

FirstDownBills
01-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Who, you? Not me, I just tell it how it is. Go ask anyone in the world not wearing a Bills gear what we are thought of. Not only that, Hell just ask most real Bills fans what we are.

Truth hurts. We suck. And we will continue to unless something is done about it. So far it is the parade of NFL losers (minus sherman) fileing through OBD.

Now I will insert this tidbit, it is POSSIBLE Jim Caldwell, is bring brought in to be OC and Capers DC, but I wont buy it until it is done.

If you're asking people outside of the Buffalo area about the Bills then you'll only get superficial opinions that are based on ESPN's views. So I really wouldn't put any merit into what someone says about the team who doesn't follow the team on a daily basis. Also, I don't get you man. Are you bipolar or something? One day you're all confident, and happy, and making sense, then the next minute you go into this melancholy stage. Can you just control your emotions for once?

Everyone needs to have some patience here. Theres no such thing as love at first sight, but unfortunately the Bills believed in the notion, and ultimately got burned over the past six years finding nothing, but fool's gold. So please, I beg for mercy here. Please, no more of these rants because it isn't helping to speed up the process.

The_Philster
01-21-2006, 10:45 AM
So Williams and Mularkey were better than him? Your logic makes no sense at all. We didn't hire Fox or Lewis so that is a moot point.That's not the point at all....Wade made a mess of the QB situation (not as bad as Mularkey did in some respects but he did have his top 2 QBs sniping at each other through the media) plus he refused to fire that inept clown of a special teams coach Ronnie Jones. If your boss told you you had to change something that was hurting the company and you refused because your buddy was a bigger deal than the job, could you really blame them if they fired you?

Historian
01-21-2006, 10:56 AM
plus he refused to fire that inept clown of a special teams coach Ronnie Jones. If your boss told you you had to change something that was hurting the company and you refused because your buddy was a bigger deal than the job, could you really blame them if they fired you?

Wade asked if he would be able to re-assign him to different duties, and was summarilly dismissed for asking.

#1 That's no reason to fire a person, unless you're just trying to flex your muscles, as opposed to doing what's right for the organization.

#2 I wish you would get your facts straight on this subject.

The_Philster
01-21-2006, 11:01 AM
As I remember it, Ralph told him no...Wade wouldn't accept that and was fired..so my facts are straight, thank you very much :nana: :D

As far as there being no reason to fire a person? Wade hired him because his son played for him in college..not because he was any great coach. He coached our special teams to be the biggest joke in the league. Why wouldn't you fire him?

PromoTheRobot
01-21-2006, 11:23 AM
What I find amazing is that ICE still cares what the Bills do? How many times did you swear the Bills off over at Two Bills Drive? If they are such an embarressment, why are you even here?

PTR