WGR is reporting that Ralph Wilson selection for the next head coach is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

WGR is reporting that Ralph Wilson selection for the next head coach is...

Mike Sherman...however, they are also reporting that ML wants Dick Jauron. We should know by Tuesday.

They also reported that they interviewed Dom Capers today...they speculated that he would be a potential DC, not head coach. And finally, the Bills interviewed Indi Colt QB Coach Jim Caldwell today...as a potential OC.

If this is true, in my eyes, that means Jauron will be the guy.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • ArcticWildMan

Re: WGR is reporting that Ralph Wilson selection for the next head coach is...

Either guy will work. Both are better than what we had.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Excellent! This would be freaking awesome!

capers would be an awesome DC and Caldwell would be perfect for the Oc position. He's rasied some pretty tough QBs. Collins, Brad Johnson, Peyton Manning.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

If Juaron has good people around him I would not be totally opposed to him being coach.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Devin
          If Juaron has good people around him I would not be totally opposed to him being coach.
          *Jauron

This is the only way I'd feel comfortable having this guy as a coach... even then I'd still be skeptical because he'd be the ultimate decision maker.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
            Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
            Collins.
            Todd Collins?

I'm sure your refering to kerry atleast i hope you are. I just couldn't resist when i saw that.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
              Todd Collins?

I'm sure your refering to kerry atleast i hope you are. I just couldn't resist when i saw that.
              lol

Yeah, Kerry. Which really isn't all that better, but at least he saw a Super Bowl.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
                Your rebirth can't hurt
                • Dec 2005

Why does Levy want to hire that proven loser? Go with Ralph's selection, BRING IN MIKE!

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
                Playoff Record: 0-0
                Super Bowl Appearances: 0
                Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

• Throne Logic
                  Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                  • Aug 2002

Does anyone find it strange that the team owner and GM are interviewing coordinators? Isn't that the HC's job? Why would anyone want to come in and coach when he's told who's going to be his OC and DC? I don't see anyone having an issue with Bobby April - in fact they should be thrilled.

Just make this simple. Hire Bobby April as HC. Call it a compromise, if necessary.
                  Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• rockeastwood
                    Overseas Fan
                    • Jan 2006

The key is "Good people around him"!

We Don't Need the Best Players! We Need the Right Players! Herb Brooks

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                      • Dec 2005

lol

Yeah, Kerry. Which really isn't all that better, but at least he saw a Super Bowl.
                      Very true

Comment

• vicmantak
                        • Jun 2005

Excellent! This would be freaking awesome!

capers would be an awesome DC and Caldwell would be perfect for the Oc position. He's rasied some pretty tough QBs. Collins, Brad Johnson, Peyton Manning.
                        Agree. Capers is simply the reason I want Jauron.
                        The other good news is that Jauron has a close relationship with Mariucci. Don't you remember one of the Terrel Owens' scandals on SF?

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                        - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                          Does anyone find it strange that the team owner and GM are interviewing coordinators? Isn't that the HC's job? Why would anyone want to come in and coach when he's told who's going to be his OC and DC? I don't see anyone having an issue with Bobby April - in fact they should be thrilled.

Just make this simple. Hire Bobby April as HC. Call it a compromise, if necessary.
                          You beat me to this point. The only thing I can think is that these are the guys that the new HC wants and they are just working out contract numbers, or this inteviews will decide who gets the head coaching job.
                          Retired Air Traffic Controller
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

I say the speculation from WGR is pure crap. Now if it is true, then Ralph needs to put his foot down. There is NO WAY IN HELL Jauron meaures up to Sherman.

There is NWIH Ralph and marv can SELL Jauron to the fanbase, sorry no. I mean I know there are a few dorks out there that seem to like a FAILURE coming in and coaching this team, but realistically the fanbase wants a guy that has either been a winner OR can be one. Jauron isn't either.

We sign Sherman and a couple good coordinators and fans will flock to buy tickets, Ralph should know this. Marv better wake up and realise it.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                              You beat me to this point. The only thing I can think is that these are the guys that the new HC wants and they are just working out contract numbers, or this inteviews will decide who gets the head coaching job.
                              which is why I believe that Jauron is the choice...they are doing the coordinator interviews for him (his choices for the job)...Sherman would bring in Bates.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X