PDA

View Full Version : WGR is reporting that Ralph Wilson selection for the next head coach is...

Ebenezer
01-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Mike Sherman...however, they are also reporting that ML wants Dick Jauron. We should know by Tuesday.

They also reported that they interviewed Dom Capers today...they speculated that he would be a potential DC, not head coach. And finally, the Bills interviewed Indi Colt QB Coach Jim Caldwell today...as a potential OC.

If this is true, in my eyes, that means Jauron will be the guy.

ArcticWildMan
01-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Either guy will work. Both are better than what we had.

RedEyE
01-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Excellent! This would be freaking awesome!

capers would be an awesome DC and Caldwell would be perfect for the Oc position. He's rasied some pretty tough QBs. Collins, Brad Johnson, Peyton Manning.

Devin
01-20-2006, 07:47 PM
If Juaron has good people around him I would not be totally opposed to him being coach.

Bill Brasky
01-20-2006, 07:52 PM
If Juaron has good people around him I would not be totally opposed to him being coach.

*Jauron

This is the only way I'd feel comfortable having this guy as a coach... even then I'd still be skeptical because he'd be the ultimate decision maker.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Collins.

Todd Collins? :rofl:

I'm sure your refering to kerry atleast i hope you are. I just couldn't resist when i saw that.

RedEyE
01-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Todd Collins? :rofl:

I'm sure your refering to kerry atleast i hope you are. I just couldn't resist when i saw that.

lol

Yeah, Kerry. Which really isn't all that better, but at least he saw a Super Bowl.

FirstDownBills
01-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Why does Levy want to hire that proven loser? Go with Ralph's selection, BRING IN MIKE!

Throne Logic
01-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Does anyone find it strange that the team owner and GM are interviewing coordinators? Isn't that the HC's job? Why would anyone want to come in and coach when he's told who's going to be his OC and DC? I don't see anyone having an issue with Bobby April - in fact they should be thrilled.

Just make this simple. Hire Bobby April as HC. Call it a compromise, if necessary.

rockeastwood
01-20-2006, 08:27 PM
The key is "Good people around him"!

tat2dmike77
01-20-2006, 08:27 PM
lol

Yeah, Kerry. Which really isn't all that better, but at least he saw a Super Bowl.

Very true

vicmantak
01-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Excellent! This would be freaking awesome!

capers would be an awesome DC and Caldwell would be perfect for the Oc position. He's rasied some pretty tough QBs. Collins, Brad Johnson, Peyton Manning.
Agree. Capers is simply the reason I want Jauron.
The other good news is that Jauron has a close relationship with Mariucci. Don't you remember one of the Terrel Owens' scandals on SF?

kgun12
01-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Does anyone find it strange that the team owner and GM are interviewing coordinators? Isn't that the HC's job? Why would anyone want to come in and coach when he's told who's going to be his OC and DC? I don't see anyone having an issue with Bobby April - in fact they should be thrilled.

Just make this simple. Hire Bobby April as HC. Call it a compromise, if necessary.

You beat me to this point. The only thing I can think is that these are the guys that the new HC wants and they are just working out contract numbers, or this inteviews will decide who gets the head coaching job.

ICE74129
01-20-2006, 08:49 PM
I say the speculation from WGR is pure crap. Now if it is true, then Ralph needs to put his foot down. There is NO WAY IN HELL Jauron meaures up to Sherman.

There is NWIH Ralph and marv can SELL Jauron to the fanbase, sorry no. I mean I know there are a few dorks out there that seem to like a FAILURE coming in and coaching this team, but realistically the fanbase wants a guy that has either been a winner OR can be one. Jauron isn't either.

We sign Sherman and a couple good coordinators and fans will flock to buy tickets, Ralph should know this. Marv better wake up and realise it.

Ebenezer
01-20-2006, 09:01 PM
You beat me to this point. The only thing I can think is that these are the guys that the new HC wants and they are just working out contract numbers, or this inteviews will decide who gets the head coaching job.
which is why I believe that Jauron is the choice...they are doing the coordinator interviews for him (his choices for the job)...Sherman would bring in Bates.

Michael82
01-20-2006, 09:22 PM
which is why I believe that Jauron is the choice...they are doing the coordinator interviews for him (his choices for the job)...Sherman would bring in Bates.
:ill:

ICE74129
01-20-2006, 09:25 PM

Which shows what a worthless POS he is as a HC. He is another wimp that is only getting the job because he is marv's friend.

And we continue being the laughing stock of the league.

Philagape
01-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Seriously, how many fans buy their tickets based on the coach? Did Mularkey have anything to do with 2005 being sold out?

jimbohastle51
01-20-2006, 09:39 PM
facts are jauron has a losing record and we are not talking a losing record by just a couple games, and fact even in the 5 years he was coach for the bears there offense was horrible, fact we have enough talent on defense that we don't need a defensive HC, just a good DC, fact sherman has a winning regular season record again not by a a winning record by just a couple games, fact sherman has been to the playoffs 4 straight seasons before, fact sherman is a very balanced offensive coach who is great with QBs of jp losmans type (brett farve) though farve and jp do not have stats that match there mobility and arm strength is alike. i feel that if we choose jauron we are taking a 50/50 chance at best. and everyone should remember that levy is a hall of fame coach not a hall of fame GM and with the way the franchise has been ran the past few years the fan base will not put up with a coach that wins sometimes and sputters at the podium after games, and the last thing marv levy wants is everyone who thinks he is a savior to start thinking hes a had bad front office move. sherman might not be the "coach of the year" but the guy is a proven regular season winner, and before anyone says "well he doesnt do well in the playoffs", lets get our franchise there before we start judging guys who have winning records because its been a long while since we have had one of them as a coach. go sherman in 06-07!

FirstDownBills
01-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Seriously, how many fans buy their tickets based on the coach? Did Mularkey have anything to do with 2005 being sold out?

Nope, it sure wasn't. It was Donahoe's deceit of a Super Bowl team that filled the stands. However, as the Who once said "we won't be fooled again."

billsburgh
01-20-2006, 11:46 PM
facts are jauron has a losing record and we are not talking a losing record by just a couple games, and fact even in the 5 years he was coach for the bears there offense was horrible, fact we have enough talent on defense that we don't need a defensive HC, just a good DC, fact sherman has a winning regular season record again not by a a winning record by just a couple games, fact sherman has been to the playoffs 4 straight seasons before, fact sherman is a very balanced offensive coach who is great with QBs of jp losmans type (brett farve) though farve and jp do not have stats that match there mobility and arm strength is alike. i feel that if we choose jauron we are taking a 50/50 chance at best. and everyone should remember that levy is a hall of fame coach not a hall of fame GM and with the way the franchise has been ran the past few years the fan base will not put up with a coach that wins sometimes and sputters at the podium after games, and the last thing marv levy wants is everyone who thinks he is a savior to start thinking hes a had bad front office move. sherman might not be the "coach of the year" but the guy is a proven regular season winner, and before anyone says "well he doesnt do well in the playoffs", lets get our franchise there before we start judging guys who have winning records because its been a long while since we have had one of them as a coach. go sherman in 06-07!
excellent post. just hire Sherman and get it over with.

SpillerThrills
01-21-2006, 12:31 AM

or what might be happening is that the coach has already been decided on and RW and ML are interviewing for coordinators because the chosen coach has told them who they would like to have working with them..... it would make a nice press conf. if they could announce the HC, OC and DC all at the same time!!!

PUCKER
01-21-2006, 12:59 AM
I still want Sherman.

Mr. Cynical
01-21-2006, 01:04 AM
If Dick ends up being HC, we will never be a serious contender. Mark my words. I don't care who he has around him, he is an ass clown. He couldn't hack it in Chicago as HC, and my family lives in Detroit and told me he sucks as DC as well.

Our best and only hope is Sherman at this point.