PDA

View Full Version : I never thought Id agree

Devin
01-20-2006, 09:16 PM
with Rod Woodson.

Its astonishing to me how some coaches get so many chances. Of the 7 coaching changes thus far 6 have been filled with first timers, Herm Edwards being the 1 coaching change with experience. The Texans are going to go with Kubiak so that will make 7 first time coaches. That leaves Buffalo and Oakland as the last to make the change. With Buffalo likely going with DJ or Sherman.

I dont get how a man like Dom Capers who ran two expansion franchises into top 10 draft category year in and year out even gets looked at? Dick Jauron? Hes Yale educated.....I am sure hes very smart. But hes proven to be a bad head-coach....average at best. What is it General Managers see that we dont? I would think 9 times out of 10 a record speaks for itself.

I understand the NFL is a good-ol-boys club. But with so much on the line why are some GM's inexplicably willing to take a chance with proven losers? How many 1-2 time firees have gone on to successful? Belicheck? Schottenheimer...moderatley anyway. Whatever.

FirstDownBills
01-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I think a lot has to do with the money, and if the owners are cheapskates, or not.

ICE74129
01-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Agreed. And I can't understand how Ralph can sit by and allow Marv to even think about Jauron.

Look for the first time in just about...oh....EVER there is a WINNING HC on the market! Hire him. Very damn simple concept, hire him!

billsburgh
01-20-2006, 11:54 PM
:bf1:
Agreed. And I can't understand how Ralph can sit by and allow Marv to even think about Jauron.

Look for the first time in just about...oh....EVER there is a WINNING HC on the market! Hire him. Very damn simple concept, hire him!

Spiderweb
01-21-2006, 06:16 AM

Mike Sherman "inherited" a fairly talented team, so there isn't any track record on him regarding how successful he will be turning our Bills around. I hope he can, but....

As for Jauron, that could be a mistake, a big one, one that Marv is reported to be anxious to make.

My biggest fear right now is that Marv may NOT be the best guy for the GM job. Eight year break in the game, and lacking in GM experience to begin with. Love Marv, but he's a pretty scarey commodity currently. Time will tell.

Tatonka
01-21-2006, 10:49 AM
six of the last seven head coaches were former HCs that were in their second job.

if gms had the same attitude, gruden, billicheck, shanahan would have all been unemployed still.

ICE74129
01-21-2006, 11:01 AM
six of the last seven head coaches were former HCs that were in their second job.

if gms had the same attitude, gruden, billicheck, shanahan would have all been unemployed still.

T, You have a choice. A total failure that NO ONE wants, or a WINNING HC that was stupidly let go.

The choice is easy.

Samphin1
01-21-2006, 11:54 AM
I don't see how people can complain this year. With seven new head coaches as first timers, Owners have clearly decided to look in another direction. I agree about Jauron, Haslett and others. They have proven nothing but ineptitude when it comes to being a head coach.

Generally, I think the standard rule has been that coaches get a seocnd chance. That is why Wannstedt ( ugh ), Dennis Erickson, Steve Marriucci and others were all given second gigs. Once it is proven that they cannot win in more than one place, they kind of get tagged with the loser label and are then banished to coordinator jobs or college ( Pete Carroll ).

Yasgur's Farm
01-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Mike Sherman "inherited" a fairly talented team, so there isn't any track record on him regarding how successful he will be turning our Bills around.You are 100% correctd... BUT...

$.01 - He didn't get in the way of his teams success.

$.02 - He's gained valuable experience in leading a playoff and division winning team.

:2cents:

!Papacrunk!
01-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Unrelated, but I wouldn't mind having Capers as a DC. Um, that is all.

Marvelous
01-21-2006, 01:04 PM
What is it General Managers see that we dont? I would think 9 times out of 10 a record speaks for itself.

I wonder that too.. They get to hear the whole big scheme etc?. I won't cross off Jauron because of his time in CHI-town..

As far as the overall record of a HC.. well i think there's more to it also then just winning...The flipside of that is Wanny hence he won waaay to many games....

FirstDownBills
01-21-2006, 04:30 PM
I wonder that too.. They get to hear the whole big scheme etc?. I won't cross off Jauron because of his time in CHI-town..

As far as the overall record of a HC.. well i think there's more to it also then just winning...The flipside of that is Wanny hence he won waaay to many games....

The bottom line is wins and losses. What more is there to it?