PDA

View Full Version : Will they blow it, again???

jeffhcb
01-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Not hiring Mike Sherman would be the third straight disasterous coaching choice this team has made in 5 years. I can say that if they do not hire him, I done with this team and organization. You have a proven winner with head coaching and gm experience, the ability to develop a QB, and bring in a proven def. coordinator. This seems like the easiest decision they could ask for. Yet I have a horrible feeling in my gut that they will kick conventional wisdom in the nuts, again, and screw it up.

If it is true that Levy is favoring Jauron, why don't we just bring back Donahoe? Levy seems to be running his playbook already by trying to hire his buddies and protect his own turf by not hiring someone like Sherman (who is clearly "good," would not need Marv's "wisdom," and is not a threat to take his job eventually. I've got news for you Marv. This is not about you, its about the Buffalo Bills, and saving this organization. Not to mention the fact that you should be headed for Sunrise Living soon, at 81 yrs of age by the time the season starts. God help us all if this is the path he intends to follow going forward. If he screws this up, his legacy in Bills history will no doubt be tarnished for good. Honestly Marv, you were incredibly lucky during that winning stretch you had in Buffalo. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Please leave any arrogance at the door. You are not infallable, my friend. Make the right choice.

bernielivsey_1
01-21-2006, 11:23 AM
:( Wow, its hard to believe there is only one good option for the Bills. Give Marv some credit. He is looking for the best fit for the Bills. The man to give the Bills the best chance to win. If anyone thinks that Marv doesnt want the Bills to win a championship they might want to seek some help. Either that or I'm crazy. :(

hydro014
01-21-2006, 11:33 AM
:( Wow, its hard to believe there is only one good option for the Bills. Give Marv some credit. He is looking for the best fit for the Bills. The man to give the Bills the best chance to win. If anyone thinks that Marv doesnt want the Bills to win a championship they might want to seek some help. Either that or I'm crazy. :(

Seriously, if he was that good i think he would have been offered a job by one of the other 9 HC openings. Why are we the only team that wants him, are we missing something? 10 openings and marv and ralph are the only ones he "knocked" their socks off, it worries me. If he was as great as people make him out to be he would be employed by know.

jeffhcb
01-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Seriously, if he was that good i think he would have been offered a job by one of the other 9 HC openings. Why are we the only team that wants him, are we missing something? 10 openings and marv and ralph are the only ones he "knocked" their socks off, it worries me. If he was as great as people make him out to be he would be employed by know.

Ok, so who do you think they should hire and why?

!Papacrunk!
01-21-2006, 11:50 AM
One note about Sherman---can he be successful w/o Favre?? Maybe it's coincidence, but when Favre started to wither, Sherman was out the door, despite his past success w/ the team. Maybe Favre will suit up for the red and blue. *cough* Is Ralph Wilson the new 'Frozen Tundra?'

The stadium, not the owner.

jeffhcb
01-21-2006, 11:55 AM
That's a brilliant idea. We should give up on a QB that we spent 1st, 3rd, and 5th round draft picks on, only to hire an overpaid QB that is well past his prime. Surely Favre would want to come to Buffalo and play behind our outstanding offensive line that we won't be able to rebuild because we're spending all of our money on the QB.

Great idea.

!Papacrunk!
01-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Dood. It's called weak sarcasm.

JP=a 1st, 3rd, and a 5th? Well, the 1st year can be a bit rough, only where to go is up I guess.

Billscusey
01-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Seriously, if he was that good i think he would have been offered a job by one of the other 9 HC openings. Why are we the only team that wants him, are we missing something?

This is a good point! Did ANY other team show any interest in Sherman? I think he would be a good choice too, but this cannot be ignored!

FirstDownBills
01-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Not hiring Mike Sherman would be the third straight disasterous coaching choice this team has made in 5 years. I can say that if they do not hire him, I done with this team and organization. You have a proven winner with head coaching and gm experience, the ability to develop a QB, and bring in a proven def. coordinator. This seems like the easiest decision they could ask for. Yet I have a horrible feeling in my gut that they will kick conventional wisdom in the nuts, again, and screw it up.

If it is true that Levy is favoring Jauron, why don't we just bring back Donahoe? Levy seems to be running his playbook already by trying to hire his buddies and protect his own turf by not hiring someone like Sherman (who is clearly "good," would not need Marv's "wisdom," and is not a threat to take his job eventually. I've got news for you Marv. This is not about you, its about the Buffalo Bills, and saving this organization. Not to mention the fact that you should be headed for Sunrise Living soon, at 81 yrs of age by the time the season starts. God help us all if this is the path he intends to follow going forward. If he screws this up, his legacy in Bills history will no doubt be tarnished for good. Honestly Marv, you were incredibly lucky during that winning stretch you had in Buffalo. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Please leave any arrogance at the door. You are not infallable, my friend. Make the right choice.

Marv is not a good coach? This doesn't make any sense. You've lost all respect from me.

FirstDownBills
01-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Seriously, if he was that good i think he would have been offered a job by one of the other 9 HC openings. Why are we the only team that wants him, are we missing something?

This is a good point! Did ANY other team show any interest in Sherman? I think he would be a good choice too, but this cannot be ignored!

Because other teams have different needs, and want different personalities that will help mold their team image. All team images are different.