PDA

View Full Version : instead of signing Takeo or Hugh Douglas...

Jeff 311
01-24-2003, 11:23 PM
lets cut up that extra 15 million between 4 players, and realese JR Watson and Robonsin to get us around 18 million under the cap. With 18 mill under the cap we should be able to sign
1) Oronde Gadsden ( will give us a #3 reciever, behind josh reed, and takes a weapon away from the fishies
2) John Thornton ( a solid DT understand the "46" gets lots of pressure indside)
3) KGB ( a cheap version of Jevon kearse, will get 10+ sacks and the pass rush we desperatley need)
4) Roosevelt Coolvin ( will aslo get us pressure to the QB, another 10 + sack player)

Let all these free agents leave which include bryson, newman, Ahantou,p. price and b. conaty
keep these 3 free agents G. Favors, S. Morris and m. holis

How does that sound ?

kgun12
01-24-2003, 11:52 PM
Jeff I like it, than again anyone that's a Bills and PSU fan is ok in my book

venis2k1
01-25-2003, 12:19 AM
I havent even thought of Oronde Gadsden, thats a good idea. I would love to see us get KGB, but i dont know if it will happen.

Tatonka
01-25-2003, 12:35 AM
the pack has stated that they will not let kgb go.. they will let holliday walk instead. they may tag kgb if they have to, but i could be, and hope i am, wrong about him. he is a heckuva playa.

i dont know anything about that DT? where is he from? what has he done?

gadsden has stated that he does not want to be a number 3 wr.. he felt that the low offer from miami was an insult, and he wanted more. he is also not a burner... he is a possesion receiver (a good one at that though)

love the colvin pick

i think it all sounds good though.. i think it would definately make us better.

i would like to keep newman and conaty. conaty is a damn good backup.

Lone Stranger
01-25-2003, 05:11 AM
Sounds like a plan. Somewhar in line with my thinking. Gadsen a good pick. Somebody who can catch the ball over the middle.

TypicalBill
01-25-2003, 05:21 AM
i thought KGB was a restricted free agent?

TypicalBill
01-25-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
i thought KGB was a restricted free agent?

he's a restricted free agent

free agents (http://home.att.net/~ninerfanatic/FA-team-03.html)

i doubt they'll let him go.

don137
01-25-2003, 05:28 AM
Gadsen gets me a little nervous with his health.

I would be thrilled with either Noble or Thorton. Either would be huge impprovements.

I also love Colvin but I am a little gun shy with linebackers that begin to have shoulder problems since hit at high impact n there shoulders a lot. If his injury is not too serious then I would make a play for him. I know Indy likes him also and that is his hometown.

BFBills
01-25-2003, 08:31 AM
keep ahonatu
get bowens

WG
01-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Agreed 137, Gadsen's health is a concern and needs to be considered before laying out a sizeable bonus.

Noble or Thornton would be great and are my top two choices. Russell Davis is an unheralded DT down in Arizona who would play much better on a different team. He may not cost as much.

Ahanotu can be a backup. He did nothing to impress me this year that he should start next. He'll be 33/34 I think and he'll be a great backup in a season where we'll need them. Actually, thinking that half our DL and the guys competing for starting spots will be backups next season makes me extremely optimistic pending a signing like Thornton or Noble. I have a hunch Noble's gonna wanna stay in Dallas now that the Tuna is around.

Bert102176
01-25-2003, 12:47 PM
WYS Cletidus Hunt is as good as Thornton if not better and younger, probably cheaper too.

WG
01-25-2003, 01:01 PM
I would argue that he's better. But he also has some "baggage" doesn't he?

Also, Hunt has only played in 30 games for a variety of reasons.

Thornton has played in 51 and started in 36. My Titans bud says he's very, very good a solid starter easily. We don't need a Sam Adams, but Thornton will continue to improve as well. He'll take the heat off of PW just fine and be a force himself. He'll also be less expensive.

It would be nice if we could sign a DE and a speedy pass-rushing OLB. If we go for some of the top tier value players, we might manage that. Imagine getting Spikes, Thornton, and a DE like Holliday or Brad Scioli who really developed this year.

That would propel us into a top 10 D easily.

Unlike many, I'm quite content w/ Prioleau and Wire at S. They'll do better too w/ a decent DL. I really never understood why we let Carpenter go. Must have been a "Donahoe's team" thing. Stupid IMO. He played better than either of our Ss this season.

Bert102176
01-25-2003, 01:07 PM
I think we could get Colvin, and Takeo Spikes and we do need more than 1 OLBer, plus get a good DT and WR, but would prefer Price back he knows the offense so he won't have to learn it.

Tatonka
01-25-2003, 07:05 PM
seriously, guys.. there is absolutely NO WAY we are getting Spikes. Marvin Lewis has stated publicly that they will tag him if need be... so lets not even dream. it will not happen this year.. 100% guarenteed..

also.. wys.. what insight do you have that taking a guy from the cardinals that was a half decent player would make him improve? just curious?

man i cant wait for FA to start!