PDA

View Full Version : Official "Fire Marv" Thread

Nighthawk
01-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Had to be done...as I've said all along, he should not be the GM. He has hired a HC because he is comfortable with him and because he knew him well, not because he was the best man for the job. Sounds a lot like TD's hiring of MM...and how'd that turn out? Oh yeah, that's right, it didn't! Nice going Marv...

Iehoshua
01-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Right now, I am totally down on Marv. There's no doubt he was a phenominal coach and put Buffalo on the map but this GM stint already looks like a catastrophe.

Nighthawk
01-22-2006, 05:52 PM
I can't even put into words how angry I am about this. I'm not even looking forward to next season. Oh, and I officially hate Marv! He is the Devil!

X-Era
01-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Had to be done...as I've said all along, he should not be the GM. He has hired a HC because he is comfortable with him and because he knew him well, not because he was the best man for the job. Sounds a lot like TD's hiring of MM...and how'd that turn out? Oh yeah, that's right, it didn't! Nice going Marv...

Lets at least wait it out until after the offseasons over and se what the on field product will look like. If he blows that, then let the lynchings begin.

BTW, Who exactly was it that hired Levy? Ive said it over and over Ralph is at the heart of the problems around here.

IM still willing to give Levy a chance until after the offseason.

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm not looking forward to it either.

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Lets at least wait it out until after the offseasons over and se what the on field product will look like. If he blows that, then let the lynchings begin.

BTW, Who exactly was it that hired Levy? Ive said it over and over Ralph is at the heart of the problems around here.

If you're suggesting a new owner then forget about it. I don't think the new owner will want to keep the team in Buffalo.

Nighthawk
01-22-2006, 05:54 PM

I gave him a chance and he failed his first test.

X-Era
01-22-2006, 05:58 PM

Whoa dude, 1 test? Does that mean every single move needed to be PERFECT?

Thats a bit steep.

Lets not forget that the Fins are still stuck with Ferrotte, the Jets have some new clown HC no QB and no RB, and the Pats are no longer what they were.

I still say we can rise from the ashes with a strong FA and draft in the form of a few STUDS at key posits like OL and DT.

JP will be much much better TRUST ME!!! And you watch us go and spend that extra 3rd on Greg Lee and watch him come in here and be a solid WR day one.

FirstDownBills
01-22-2006, 06:02 PM
If the Bills win 10 games it will be a miracle.

Mr.Reality
01-22-2006, 06:09 PM
If the Bills win 10 games it will be a miracle.
In how many years?

Patti120
01-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Point taken, I'm going to regurgitate (spelling) my dinner

Mitchy moo
01-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Point taken, I'm going to regurgitate (spelling) my dinner

I haven't been able to keep much down all this evening.

lordofgun
01-22-2006, 06:14 PM
I TRUST MARV!

jimbohastle51
01-22-2006, 06:47 PM
well i guess the bottom line is that levy wanted to be coach soooooooooo bad that when he was ruled out, he went out and hired the best TOOL he could find so he can still control every aspect of the football part of the team. i hate to say this because i know that marv is a great person and a great COACH but i think he got iritated with shermans request of alttle more power than levy was willing to give and probably wined with ralph until he could convince him to hire jauron but if anyone tells me he was the best canidate or even one of the best out there then they do not know much about the coaching/GM part of football because hell i would have rather seen al saunders come in here and he took only 2 million as a OC from washington and yes that is alot for an OC but cheap for a HC. heres to another long fall in winter and buffalo, and to all the people that are saying he's not that bad, dont change your opinion when he is standing at the podium after an entire team meltdown and sputters at the mic like he is a 5 year old in front of his class at a spelling bee! sorry to say but maybe marv isnt the "savior" most made him out to be.

Nighthawk
01-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Whoa dude, 1 test? Does that mean every single move needed to be PERFECT?

Thats a bit steep.

Lets not forget that the Fins are still stuck with Ferrotte, the Jets have some new clown HC no QB and no RB, and the Pats are no longer what they were.

I still say we can rise from the ashes with a strong FA and draft in the form of a few STUDS at key posits like OL and DT.

JP will be much much better TRUST ME!!! And you watch us go and spend that extra 3rd on Greg Lee and watch him come in here and be a solid WR day one.

Honestly, after this excellent (sarcasm) hiring of Jauron, do you have faith that Marv will bring in the right players? I don't. He brought in possibly the worst coaching option of the ones available, what makes you feel comfortable that he'll know what he is doing bringing in players?

Mr.Reality
01-22-2006, 06:49 PM
well i guess the bottom line is that levy wanted to be coach soooooooooo bad that when he was ruled out, he went out and hired the best TOOL he could find so he can still control every aspect of the football part of the team. i hate to say this because i know that marv is a great person and a great COACH but i think he got iritated with shermans request of alttle more power than levy was willing to give and probably wined with ralph until he could convince him to hire jauron but if anyone tells me he was the best canidate or even one of the best out there then they do not know much about the coaching/GM part of football because hell i would have rather seen al saunders come in here and he took only 2 million as a OC from washington and yes that is alot for an OC but cheap for a HC. heres to another long fall in winter and buffalo, and to all the people that are saying he's not that bad, dont change your opinion when he is standing at the podium after an entire team meltdown and sputters at the mic like he is a 5 year old in front of his class at a spelling bee! sorry to say but maybe marv isnt the "savior" most made him out to be.
Dude. Take a breath.

Dozerdog
01-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Honestly, after this excellent (sarcasm) hiring of Jauron, do you have faith that Marv will bring in the right players? I don't. He brought in possibly the worst coaching option of the ones available, what makes you feel comfortable that he'll know what he is doing bringing in players?

Marv won't be bringing in players.

Modrak will be doing that.

jimbohastle51
01-22-2006, 06:57 PM
i'll take a breathe and i'll just say this, i grew up in buffalo and i graduated from UB and i have always been a bills fan, my family has had season tickets as long as i can remember, and this is a real shame, especially for all season ticket owners, i just hope jauron has one hell of a personallity to win over a fanbase that already looks at him like they did at mularkey at the end of last season.

YardRat
01-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Modrak deals mostly with the college level, and he likes it that way. That's why he's not GM right now.

Mr.Reality
01-22-2006, 06:59 PM
I understand. I've been pissed for about 7 years.

jimbohastle51
01-22-2006, 07:04 PM
i tell you what, i bought tickets on ebay and flew to miami and had 9th row 30 yard line tickets to watch possibly the worst coached game in buffalo history, and after this i have NO faith in buffalo's front office until they get a real GM not just someone as a PR move for the fans.

Mr.Reality
01-22-2006, 07:06 PM
When this goes on for four years, and then they give Marv a five-year contract extension, come talk to me.

jimbohastle51
01-22-2006, 07:10 PM
LOL!!! the funny thing is, is that will probably happen!!! at least he is a good speaker and can make the bad losses and deconstruction of the team that will start this year like the coaching staff sound good :) LOL!!!

footballhottie
01-22-2006, 07:10 PM
i stoped thinking about the bills in week 14 or 15...its really just not worth it anymore...its time to roll with the waves

no ring
01-22-2006, 07:43 PM
You guys are unvelievable, just give a chance to your staff, Jauron isn't that bad come on now.

I'm a fin fan BTW, good luck next season

X-Era
01-22-2006, 08:16 PM

All Im saying is that its WAY too early to throw him under Jerome Bettis.

Lets just wait and see how we do.

Jauron is a players coach which doesnt bode well for a team full of the WRONG attitude.

Michael82
01-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Right now, I am totally down on Marv. There's no doubt he was a phenominal coach and put Buffalo on the map but this GM stint already looks like a catastrophe.
yeah it does. :ill:

McBFLO
01-22-2006, 09:55 PM
You have absolutely NO proof that he failed. I wanted to see Sherman as the coach too. But I trust that Marv, a HOF football mind, picked out a guy who he believe will be a good coach. You people are being waaaaay too quick to jump on Marv. Jauron, from everything I've heard over the past week or so, has a LOT of people's respect and they all believe he will be a good coach. Give it some time before you start the Official "Fire Marv" Thread.

Good God!