Official "Fire Marv" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Official "Fire Marv" Thread

Had to be done...as I've said all along, he should not be the GM. He has hired a HC because he is comfortable with him and because he knew him well, not because he was the best man for the job. Sounds a lot like TD's hiring of MM...and how'd that turn out? Oh yeah, that's right, it didn't! Nice going Marv...
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Re: Official "Fire Marv" Thread

Right now, I am totally down on Marv. There's no doubt he was a phenominal coach and put Buffalo on the map but this GM stint already looks like a catastrophe.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      • Jul 2002

I can't even put into words how angry I am about this. I'm not even looking forward to next season. Oh, and I officially hate Marv! He is the Devil!

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        Had to be done...as I've said all along, he should not be the GM. He has hired a HC because he is comfortable with him and because he knew him well, not because he was the best man for the job. Sounds a lot like TD's hiring of MM...and how'd that turn out? Oh yeah, that's right, it didn't! Nice going Marv...
        Lets at least wait it out until after the offseasons over and se what the on field product will look like. If he blows that, then let the lynchings begin.

BTW, Who exactly was it that hired Levy? Ive said it over and over Ralph is at the heart of the problems around here.

IM still willing to give Levy a chance until after the offseason.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
          Your rebirth can't hurt
          • Dec 2005

I'm not looking forward to it either.

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
          Playoff Record: 0-0
          Super Bowl Appearances: 0
          Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

• FirstDownBills
            Your rebirth can't hurt
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
            Lets at least wait it out until after the offseasons over and se what the on field product will look like. If he blows that, then let the lynchings begin.

BTW, Who exactly was it that hired Levy? Ive said it over and over Ralph is at the heart of the problems around here.

If you're suggesting a new owner then forget about it. I don't think the new owner will want to keep the team in Buffalo.

Marv Levy Era

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

I gave him a chance and he failed his first test.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                I gave him a chance and he failed his first test.
                Whoa dude, 1 test? Does that mean every single move needed to be PERFECT?

Thats a bit steep.

Lets not forget that the Fins are still stuck with Ferrotte, the Jets have some new clown HC no QB and no RB, and the Pats are no longer what they were.

I still say we can rise from the ashes with a strong FA and draft in the form of a few STUDS at key posits like OL and DT.

JP will be much much better TRUST ME!!! And you watch us go and spend that extra 3rd on Greg Lee and watch him come in here and be a solid WR day one.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
                  Your rebirth can't hurt
                  • Dec 2005

If the Bills win 10 games it will be a miracle.

Marv Levy Era

Comment

• Mr.Reality
                    • Nov 2002

Originally posted by FirstDownBills
                    If the Bills win 10 games it will be a miracle.
                    In how many years?

Comment

• Patti120
                      • Aug 2004

Point taken, I'm going to regurgitate (spelling) my dinner

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Patti120
                        Point taken, I'm going to regurgitate (spelling) my dinner
                        I haven't been able to keep much down all this evening.

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I TRUST MARV!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

well i guess the bottom line is that levy wanted to be coach soooooooooo bad that when he was ruled out, he went out and hired the best TOOL he could find so he can still control every aspect of the football part of the team. i hate to say this because i know that marv is a great person and a great COACH but i think he got iritated with shermans request of alttle more power than levy was willing to give and probably wined with ralph until he could convince him to hire jauron but if anyone tells me he was the best canidate or even one of the best out there then they do not know much about the coaching/GM part of football because hell i would have rather seen al saunders come in here and he took only 2 million as a OC from washington and yes that is alot for an OC but cheap for a HC. heres to another long fall in winter and buffalo, and to all the people that are saying he's not that bad, dont change your opinion when he is standing at the podium after an entire team meltdown and sputters at the mic like he is a 5 year old in front of his class at a spelling bee! sorry to say but maybe marv isnt the "savior" most made him out to be.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              • Jul 2002

Whoa dude, 1 test? Does that mean every single move needed to be PERFECT?

Thats a bit steep.

Lets not forget that the Fins are still stuck with Ferrotte, the Jets have some new clown HC no QB and no RB, and the Pats are no longer what they were.

I still say we can rise from the ashes with a strong FA and draft in the form of a few STUDS at key posits like OL and DT.

JP will be much much better TRUST ME!!! And you watch us go and spend that extra 3rd on Greg Lee and watch him come in here and be a solid WR day one.
                              Honestly, after this excellent (sarcasm) hiring of Jauron, do you have faith that Marv will bring in the right players? I don't. He brought in possibly the worst coaching option of the ones available, what makes you feel comfortable that he'll know what he is doing bringing in players?

Comment

Working...
                              X