PDA

View Full Version : what is our biggest draft need LB or DL ?

TypicalBill
01-25-2003, 03:49 AM
its too early to tell cuz we have free agency coming up but assuming that we sign an impact DT and Colvin we still need another LB. The LB's in this years draft arent the type of players that would make an immediate impact (other than maybe boss bailey who will be picked in the first round). So what do we need to do with our 2nd round pick?

Fat Tony
01-25-2003, 06:44 AM
best guy available

WG
01-28-2003, 10:40 PM
DT won't be available in the 2nd. Not one that is worth it.

Best available. We need to fill DT, LB, and DE needs from FAcy.

I just hope we don't resign Price. His opportunity cost is too high.

TypicalBill
01-31-2003, 01:23 PM
agreed wys, we have more important positions to fill. I think LaMarcus McDonald of TCU would be a very nice pick.

TigerJ
01-31-2003, 05:51 PM
It's possible Ty Warren would be available when Buffalo picks in R2. I think he would be a decent value pick at DT. I don't think LaMarcus McDonald is rated as a second rounder by most. He's a player but recently weighed about 209. He doesn't have great speed either. I've seen his 40 # at around 4.9. I think that while he can be productive in college at those numbers, he would be at a tremendous disadvantage in the pros. I think Buffalo could maybe find a player later who is a better athlete but drops for other reasons. I'm thinking of Bryant McNeal, Antwan Peek, or Shurron Pierson who were college DEs but are sized right for OLB. Antwan Peek might go in the second but McNeal will last until the fourth and Pierson will be drafted late if at all.

TypicalBill
02-01-2003, 01:12 AM
LaMarcus McDonald (TCU)
McDonald was a Prop. 48 case in 1999 and played last season as a fourth-year junior. He doesn't have imposing size (6-1, 228), but he plays bigger because he is so intense, passionate and energetic about the game. McDonald is a charged-up, emotional player who is tremendously quick and athletic. He brings a Ray Lewis-like passion to the defense. A solid form tackler, McDonald registered 15-20 tackles on a regular basis. His 40 time is up for debate because he is more quick than he is fast. However, he is field fast with the pads on, making plays from sideline to sideline. During the individual workouts McDonald needs to show his speed.
Draft outlook: Second- to third-round choice.

mel kiper / espn insider :D

BLeonard
02-01-2003, 02:21 AM
I'd say you'd have to see who's there at the time you pick, but I'd have to go for a DE or a DT, simply because, whoever the Bills get, they are gonna need guys to back up. I don't see a bona fide starter coming out of the second round, at least not right away. I think you'll be able to find a Linebacker in the 3rd round that will be a nice pickup. Shout is projecting that Mike Nattiel (OLB, Florida) and LeMarcus McDonald (ILB, TCU) should be there. Either one of these pickups would be a nice backup for the linebackers that are going to be the starters (I'm thinking Spoon at WLB, Fletcher at MLB and either Spikes or Colvin at SLB).

-Bill

Bert102176
02-01-2003, 07:05 PM
well if Boss Bailey is there we draft him if not then maybe Washington the WR or the one TE which is being compared to Tony Gonzalez, I doubt were getting Price bach so we go get the DT in free agency and get a couple of good LB's like Colvin and Spikes.

WG
02-03-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
LaMarcus McDonald (TCU)
McDonald was a Prop. 48 case in 1999 and played last season as a fourth-year junior. He doesn't have imposing size (6-1, 228), but he plays bigger because he is so intense, passionate and energetic about the game. McDonald is a charged-up, emotional player who is tremendously quick and athletic. He brings a Ray Lewis-like passion to the defense. A solid form tackler, McDonald registered 15-20 tackles on a regular basis. His 40 time is up for debate because he is more quick than he is fast. However, he is field fast with the pads on, making plays from sideline to sideline. During the individual workouts McDonald needs to show his speed.
Draft outlook: Second- to third-round choice.

mel kiper / espn insider :D

That's the same thing we heard about Corey Moore. You simply have to weigh more than 280 to be a DT in the NFL.

TypicalBill
02-03-2003, 06:33 AM
hes an OLB not a DT

TigerJ
02-03-2003, 08:12 AM
If Boss Bailey is there, he's a no brainer. If he's gone it will be interesting.

TypicalBill
02-03-2003, 08:55 AM
i really doubt that boss bailey would be available when the bills pick. He's the most athletically gifted prospect in the whole draft. He'll get picked in the middle or maybe towards the end of the first round.

TigerJ
02-03-2003, 11:39 AM
I agree. That's why picking him would be a no brainer if he were available.