PDA

View Full Version : Realistically, Do you expect the Bills to make the Playoffs in the Jauron Era?

SkapePhin
01-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Consider the fact that he will be coaching in a division with the likes of Bill Belicheck, Nick Saban, and a potential up-and-comer in the same mold Eric Mangini.. This is not the NFC North with crappy HCs everywhere.

Novacane
01-22-2006, 07:03 PM
whats so great about Saban and Mangini? Jauron has accomplished more in the NFL than they have!

SquishDaFish
01-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Edited for TOS

-Dozerdog

SkapePhin
01-22-2006, 07:06 PM
whats so great about Saban and Mangini? Jauron has accomplished more in the NFL than they have!

I cant say anything for Mangini other than he has potential.. As for Saban, is quite frankly LAUGHABLE to utter Jauron's name in the same sentence with Saban. Saban has been a WINNER on every level and had success everywhere he has gone. He has NEVER had a losing season as a head coach, including his rookie campaign with the previously 4-12 Dolphins. This season, he defeated two teams that played in conference championships.

Nick Saban will be competing for championships on an annual basis, Jauron can only do so with fluke wins attributable to freak plays by Mike Brown.

SkapePhin
01-22-2006, 07:07 PM
SkapeFag is wearing Rose Colored Glasses

Haha.. If I am wearing rosecolored glasses, you all must be getting rosewater enemas if you think Jauron can compete in the AFC East.

AndreReed83
01-22-2006, 07:08 PM
I'll take Jauron over Mangini, but that's just my personal preference. To make it short but sweet, yes, I do think we can make the playoffs.

Nighthawk
01-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the Phins fan. I just don't feel comfortable knowing that Jauron is our new HC!

FirstDownBills
Realistically speaking, no we won't make the playoffs under Jauron. We'll be lucky to even post 10 wins in a season.

Novacane

Nick Saban will be competing for championships on an annual basis.

We heard the same thing from you morons when JJ came to Miami. I'll believe it when I see it

ICE74129
01-22-2006, 07:10 PM
We are going to suck WORSE with Jauron as HC. I am betting we draft in the top 2 next year.

FlyingDutchman
01-22-2006, 07:14 PM
I cant say anything for Mangini other than he has potential.. As for Saban, is quite frankly LAUGHABLE to utter Jauron's name in the same sentence with Saban. Saban has been a WINNER on every level and had success everywhere he has gone. He has NEVER had a losing season as a head coach, including his rookie campaign with the previously 4-12 Dolphins. This season, he defeated two teams that played in conference championships.

Nick Saban will be competing for championships on an annual basis, Jauron can only do so with fluke wins attributable to freak plays by Mike Brown.

What has Saban done? Youre acting like you got freakin Vince Lombardi from the grave to coach youre team. Saban has done nothing in the NFL yet. Talk up a storm if you want, he hasnt proven anything.

SkapePhin
01-22-2006, 07:17 PM
What has Saban done? Youre acting like you got freakin Vince Lombardi from the grave to coach youre team. Saban has done nothing in the NFL yet. Talk up a storm if you want, he hasnt proven anything.

9-7 in the NFL, defeating good teams along the way, isnt exactly nothing..

He also turned a crappy Defensive squad in Cleveland into a Top 2 unit.. And has won EVERYWHERE he has gone..

FlyingDutchman
01-22-2006, 07:22 PM

He also turned a crappy Defensive squad in Cleveland into a Top 2 unit.. And has won EVERYWHERE he has gone..

Yawn....

Bling
01-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Yawn....

As a head coach, whether or collegiate or NFL level, has never had a LOSING season. NEVER. Who else do you know that can say that?

!Papacrunk!
01-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Last time I checked, it's January not September. Give Jauron a chance, don't crucify the guy until he gives reason to--there's still the draft, free agency, etc. New place, new time can do wonders.

im4bflo
01-22-2006, 07:38 PM

He's 9-7 in a year where the Pats were beatable, the BILLS and Jets were struggling, so what?!!!
The JJ years should bring you down to earth, their past means squat in Miami.
"SQUISH the FISH" :lolpoint::squish:

Crisis
01-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Dolphin fans on Saban sound like ESPN on Bruschi.

Crisis
01-22-2006, 07:41 PM
I can see the Dolphin fans really like Dick...

SkapePhin
01-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Crisis, you are honestly telling me you would rather have Jauron than Saban?

FlyingDutchman
01-22-2006, 07:56 PM
As a head coach, whether or collegiate or NFL level, has never had a LOSING season. NEVER. Who else do you know that can say that?

Sherman had 1 losing season and apparently that meant dick.....for us.....My point was all his arguements are on speculation that the Dolphins will be great bc of Sabans past. This league is a what have you done for me lately league. I agree hes a good coach. Crisis said it best with analogy to Bruschi. Dolphins fans ride this dudes c***.Talk to me about him after hes accomplished something in the NFL. I know hes only had a year, but MM did the same with us last year, Butch Davis had short lived success when he made the jump, and then for gods sake look at Spurrier....

Crisis
01-22-2006, 07:58 PM

Where'd I say that?

im4bflo
01-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Is that LOU Saban, or (JJ) Saban? :snicker2:

Don't Panic
01-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Take away Jauron's one good year and he was 22-43 with the Bears. Take away Sherman's one bad year and he's something like 55-31. Plus, I read recently that before this year he was 20-4 in December. This was a bad call, plain and simple. I'm not saying Jauron will be a bad coach, but we just passed up on a pretty good candidate.

!Papacrunk!
01-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Spurrier was 7-9 his 1st year BTW

Crisis
01-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Take away Jauron's one good year and he was 22-43 with the Bears. Take away Sherman's one bad year and he's something like 55-31. Plus, I read recently that before this year he was 20-4 in December. This was a bad call, plain and simple. I'm not saying Jauron will be a bad coach, but we just passed up on a pretty good candidate.

Take away one Bledsoe injury and Tom Brady is a back-up QB.

I don't like Jauron, but I don't buy the whole "take away" crap.

SkapePhin
01-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Where'd I say that?

Just wondering, I thought you implied it.. But if you agree Saban is better HC, and BB is a better HC, you would have to think it will be difficult for the Bills to make the playoffs with Jauron when both are still around.

Bill Brasky
01-22-2006, 09:46 PM

Yeah.

Saban went 9-7 in his FIRST SEASON with Gus Ferotte, Sage Rosenfels, a rookie RB, and a pot head as a change of pace back.

Jauron had 3 losing seasons with Brian Urlacher anchoring his defense, Anthony Thomas, and Chris Chandler (who took ATL to the Super Bowl).

I am so pumped to be a Bills fan today.

Dick Jauron's teams:

2000: 5-11
Points scored: 216 (#28 of 31)
Points allowed: 355 (#20 of 31)

2001: 13-3
Points scored: 338 (#11 of 31)
Points allowed: 203 (#1 of 31)

2002: 4-12
Points scored: 281 (#27 of 32)
Points allowed: 379 (#25 of 32)

2003: 7-9
Points scored: 283 (#24 of 32)
Points allowed: 346 (#22 of 32)

We are getting the second coming of Gregg Williams. Go Bills.

Michael82
01-23-2006, 10:03 AM
:lmao:

DarbyTheDinosaur
01-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Calm down...it is way too early to tell. We have no idea what the 2006 Buffalo Bills will look like and for that matter, what any of the other opponents will look like. Injuries, Retirements, Drafts and Free Agency will alter a lot of things.

Look at Buffalo's 2006 schedule and tell me you can predict our record +/- 2 games.

HOME
Miami
New England
NY Jets
Jacksonville
Tennesee
Green Bay
Minnesota
San Diego
AWAY
Miami
New England
NY Jets
Houston
Indianapolis
Chicago
Detroit
Baltimore

Will TKO be the same? Will Clements and Moulds stay? How much of an impact will Reggie Bush have with Houston his first season...can we count on that as a likely win? Will E. James be back with Indy...can we count on that as a likely loss? Will B. Favre retire? Will Chicago be as solid on D?

You can make predictions all day long based on the 2005 squads but it doesn't matter...that's like saying it's going to rain in Baltimore next year on this date just beacuse it is today...chances are it'll be snowing next year.

Everybody just calm down...enjoy the Super Bowl...watch with interest in the offseason and come back next year ready to root on the Bills...or get out.

Buckets
01-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Does everyone forget how disaterous Belicheck was in Cleveland? I'm not saying that Jauron will be the next Belicheck but I do still believe in Marve.

hammerbillsfan
12-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Realistically speaking, no we won't make the playoffs under Jauron. We'll be lucky to even post 10 wins in a season.

:bf1:

sro55
12-15-2008, 11:04 PM
of course, playoffs are coming next year, once JP's gone the stone hand crappy route running WR's and Te's will become all pros and the bend but don't break D will jell into a top 5 NFL Defense, it's true all that has to happen is one player has to be off the roster,we are that good.