X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDFINFAN
    • Jun 2003

I don't get it!

You guys were pissed with MM during the season and yet you're pissed he's gone. What did I miss? I came in this forum a lot this season, didn't post as often as I normally did, but read your comments and I thought you guys couldn't wait to get rid of MM. Now, I'm shock you didn't go after Sherman who I thought was an excellent coach, but a west coast coach, so I thought that might be a change for you..but I thought his organizational skills and ability to prepared a team was excellent. But since it's Jouron,sp, or something like that, I'm like you about that one...he's hasn't shown the consistency one would like, but he was coach of the year, I think in 2001 or 2...Any way good luck, I hope MM works out for us, I'm not thrill with learning yet another O...starting all over again..can't move forward that way..but I hope our D is better this year..

Reach for the stars
  • Fairway
    • Jul 2002

Re: I don't get it!

Don't go by what ICE says. Very few of us are pissed that MM is gone.

Comment

• helmetguy
      Touch the helmet for luck
      • Sep 2002

You nailedit, MD. Sherman being a WCO kind of guy probably had a lot to do with why he didn't get the job. Unless or until Buffalo has some semblance of an offensive line, the WCO-in a still very green QB's hands-would cause more hyperacidity than that hybrid "WCO-and-Shoot" abomination brought in by Kevin Gilbride and espoused by Mularkey and Clements. Those guys (the latter two) were pushing calculus when basic algebra was in order. Losman is still very young. I'm willing to give Jauron a chance. Perhaps, having been around for a little while, he'll put together a staff not built on first time coordinators.
      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
        But since it's Jouron,sp, or something like that, I'm like you about that one...he's hasn't shown the consistency one would like, but he was coach of the year, I think in 2001 or 2...Any way good luck, I hope MM works out for us, I'm not thrill with learning yet another O...starting all over again..can't move forward that way..but I hope our D is better this year..
        Don't forget, Wanny was the NFC coach of the year back in 1994 (at that time remember they had both AFC and NFC COY.) Yup, it's true look it up lol.

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
          Don't go by what ICE says. Very few of us are pissed that MM is gone.
          Exactly! I'm psyched he's gone and even happier that he's Miami's new OC!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by helmetguy
            You nailedit, MD. Sherman being a WCO kind of guy probably had a lot to do with why he didn't get the job. Unless or until Buffalo has some semblance of an offensive line, the WCO-in a still very green QB's hands-would cause more hyperacidity than that hybrid "WCO-and-Shoot" abomination brought in by Kevin Gilbride and espoused by Mularkey and Clements. Those guys (the latter two) were pushing calculus when basic algebra was in order. Losman is still very young. I'm willing to give Jauron a chance. Perhaps, having been around for a little while, he'll put together a staff not built on first time coordinators.
            Wasn't Farve a second year player with no previous experience when he was brought in to run GB's west coast offense?

Comment

• tat2dmike77
              Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
              • Dec 2005

MM going is no big loss in my book. He was starting to look like gregg williams at times. With his genius play calling and dumbfounded look on his face.

We as fans got what we wanted and now because some of us didn't get who we wanted as our HC it's turning into a crybaby festival.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                • May 2003

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
                MM going is no big loss in my book. He was starting to look like gregg williams at times. With his genius play calling and dumbfounded look on his face.

We as fans got what we wanted and now because some of us didn't get who we wanted as our HC it's turning into a crybaby festival.

Nice. Cry Baby Festival. I'm not sure what to think about this move actually. I mean I'm not exactly encouraged by the fact that the Lions organization wasn't exactly begging for him to stay. Then again, the Lions are an organization headed by genius Matt Millen. You have to trust that Levy knows alot more about football than some of us so called experts. Right?

Here is what I do know. To have success in the NFL, you have to have a front office in sync with the coaching staff. Who wouldn't want to work with Levy? I think we all can agree that he will provide this organization with something it has lacked since the day he left.

LEADERSHIP.

Comment

• McBFLO
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by tat2dmike77

Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• McBFLO
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five

Nice. Cry Baby Festival. I'm not sure what to think about this move actually. I mean I'm not exactly encouraged by the fact that the Lions organization wasn't exactly begging for him to stay. Then again, the Lions are an organization headed by genius Matt Millen. You have to trust that Levy knows alot more about football than some of us so called experts. Right?

Here is what I do know. To have success in the NFL, you have to have a front office in sync with the coaching staff. Who wouldn't want to work with Levy? I think we all can agree that he will provide this organization with something it has lacked since the day he left.

LEADERSHIP.
                    Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                      You nailedit, MD. Sherman being a WCO kind of guy probably had a lot to do with why he didn't get the job. Unless or until Buffalo has some semblance of an offensive line, the WCO-in a still very green QB's hands-would cause more hyperacidity than that hybrid "WCO-and-Shoot" abomination brought in by Kevin Gilbride and espoused by Mularkey and Clements. .
                      Good point...the WCO might have been a big factor counting against Sherman
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• helmetguy
                        Touch the helmet for luck
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                        Wasn't Farve a second year player with no previous experience when he was brought in to run GB's west coast offense?
                        We have Losman, not Favre.
                        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

Working...
                        X