X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fliefish
    • Jan 2004

Look at marv's record at KC

He was 31-42 in five seasons with the Chiefs and look what he did on his second tour. I do not think that he was the best choice but let's give him a shot.

By the way, what is the big deal with Caldwell. I live in NC and his Wake Forest teams were awful, a 1AA coach came in behind him and turned it around.
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

Re: Look at marv's record at KC

If Marv was hired during the internet era, we would have been going crazy on here because Polian hired a "proven loser"

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Marv had a team of pro bowlers in Buffalo. He got his ass handed to him in the SB each one of them years.

A great coach would've won a SB with that team not get their asses kicked each on of the years.

The AFCE sucked that year and the conference wasn't very good. That helped us get to the show and once we were there Levy was made a fool out of by our opponents.

Had we been an NFC team during that span we wouldn't have even made a NFC championship game.

Levy was a good coach but nowhere great. A great coach doesn't get their ass kicked in 4 SB's.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
        Marv had a team of pro bowlers in Buffalo. He got his ass handed to him in the SB each one of them years.

A great coach would've won a SB with that team not get their asses kicked each on of the years.

Levy was a good coach but nowhere great. A great coach doesn't get their ass kicked in 4 SB's.
        Granted the first SB which coulda changed his history as well as Buffalo in general was lost, every other year we were beat by far superior teams. The year we lost to the Redskins they started off like 13-0, the Cowboys the next year were unstoppable, and the last one we lost to a better team, but not by much. I hear what youre sayin, but I think youre being a little harsh...
        Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 01-23-2006, 05:10 AM.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cordog
          If Marv was hired during the internet era, we would have been going crazy on here because Polian hired a "proven loser"
          Yep
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
          X