PDA

View Full Version : The excuses I have seen for Dick...

Tatonka
01-23-2006, 12:00 AM
these are the excuses i have seen made for jauron and his losing record as a head coach.

1. dick had bad cordinators when he was a head coach..
2. dick had inferior talent when he as a head coach..
3. dick had injuries to his team..
4. dick had a bad front office in chicago
5. dick is a good defensive guy

so i thought maybe we could look at these and see if there is anything to them..

1. who hired Dick's coordinators? did he do it himself or was he not capable.. apparently this was more than just one set of coordinators too.. because i am sure that with the aweful rankings of both his offense and defense over his 5 year tenure, he had to go through several of them..

2. i dont know that i agree with this.. because i remember several good players that were there during his time.. marcus robinson looked like he was going to be a star.. urlacher, chandler (a winning qb), mike brown, and a few others that stand out.. but lets say his talent was not up to par.. who was responsible for that? did jauron not have a say in who was drafted and picked up in FA? he had a host of bad qbs.. including a first round bust in mcnown.. does jauron hold any responsibility for a huge host of talent evaluation **** ups?

3. so he can not win with injuries? are they not part of the game? seems the pats kept winning despite injuries, and that made them champs.. i would think that injuries is an excuse that no one wants to hear about...

4. so he had a bad front office? does he have the support of a great front office here?

5. how was detriots defense in the last two years? how was chicago's defense while he was there? when was the last time dick had a top five defense? ever in his career...

feelthepain
01-23-2006, 12:09 AM
It's not looking good for the Bills right now. This doesn't mean that ML won't inject some talent into the team through the draft and FA and the Bills did have a few players out that will be avalible next year. There is always two ways of looking at things and you don't have to be unrealistic to do so. The Bills were competetive in a lot of their games last year and maybe with a new philosophy they can win a few more next year. It's out of your hands all you can do as fans is support your team.

Tatonka
01-23-2006, 12:13 AM
It's not looking good for the Bills right now. This doesn't mean that ML won't inject some talent into the team through the draft and FA and the Bills did have a few players out that will be avalible next year. There is always two ways of looking at things and you don't have to be unrealistic to do so. The Bills were competetive in a lot of their games last year and maybe with a new philosophy they can win a few more next year. It's out of your hands all you can do as fans is support your team.

this wasnt the point of my post.. i wanted the excuses made for jauron addressed.

but to your point.. supporting the team blindly just allows them to continue to put a subpar product on the field.. until they start losing money, the team wont get the point that they need to put a winner on the field.. i am not going to stop watching the bills on tv.. but hell will freeze over before i waste money on a ticket or bills merchandise.. i can promise that.

feelthepain
01-23-2006, 12:30 AM
this wasnt the point of my post.. i wanted the excuses made for jauron addressed.

but to your point.. supporting the team blindly just allows them to continue to put a subpar product on the field.. until they start losing money, the team wont get the point that they need to put a winner on the field.. i am not going to stop watching the bills on tv.. but hell will freeze over before i waste money on a ticket or bills merchandise.. i can promise that.

I know what you were trying to convey throught this post and I don't think many Bill fans will dispute the facts of your thread, infact not too many people period will argue with your point. The whole reason everyone on here is so upset is for the reason you brought to light with your thread. I do know that Marv Levy was in Chicago during Jurons 2001 season when the Bears had that 13-3 season and Juron and Marv got to know each other and became friends and is why Marv went with him over Sherm.

I understand your frustration, we had probably the best QB to ever play the game for 17 years and we had to watch the Bills destroy us four straight years! I know your upset and you should be, not many experts around the league would think Dick Juron will have success in Buffalo for obvious reason.

As for supporting your team I don't mean go out and spend hundreds of dollars to keep RW happy. But you're a Bill fan and as mad as you may be the love you have for the Bills won't change. This is a rough stretch for you guys thats all. I honestly don't think RW will be around much longer and I seriously doubt you'll have a tightwad owner forever.

Bill Brasky
01-23-2006, 01:03 AM
these are the excuses i have seen made for jauron and his losing record as a head coach.

so i thought maybe we could look at these and see if there is anything to them..

1. who hired Dick's coordinators? did he do it himself or was he not capable.. apparently this was more than just one set of coordinators too.. because i am sure that with the aweful rankings of both his offense and defense over his 5 year tenure, he had to go through several of them..

2. i dont know that i agree with this.. because i remember several good players that were there during his time.. marcus robinson looked like he was going to be a star.. urlacher, chandler (a winning qb), mike brown, and a few others that stand out.. but lets say his talent was not up to par.. who was responsible for that? did jauron not have a say in who was drafted and picked up in FA? he had a host of bad qbs.. including a first round bust in mcnown.. does jauron hold any responsibility for a huge host of talent evaluation **** ups?

3. so he can not win with injuries? are they not part of the game? seems the pats kept winning despite injuries, and that made them champs.. i would think that injuries is an excuse that no one wants to hear about...

4. so he had a bad front office? does he have the support of a great front office here?

5. how was detriots defense in the last two years? how was chicago's defense while he was there? when was the last time dick had a top five defense? ever in his career...

i hear an echo in here. :bf1: glad to see i'm not the only one that realizes this is a completely bonheaded decision on ML and RW's part. How the hell is this an improvement over MM?

BillsFever21
01-23-2006, 04:20 AM
i hear an echo in here. :bf1: glad to see i'm not the only one that realizes this is a completely bonheaded decision on ML and RW's part. How the hell is this an improvement over MM?

It isn't an improvement. He's probably even worse.

So the Bills get rid of Donahoe and Mularkey and replace them with an old guy with no GM experience and a proven losing coach.

Way to go and correct things, Ralph Wilson. I'm tired of this crap. Any optimism I had for next year just went out the window with the Jauron hiring.

Three years from now this team will be even more of a joke then it is right now. We will be even worse.

You guys hated Donahoe but yet rave about some of the good players we have on our team. He brought in them players. His downfall was the coaches he hired.

Now we have Levy who hasn't even proved he can bring in good players or work the salary cap. He goes out and brings in a proven loser in Jauron. At least Williams and Mularkey weren't already proven to be losers. They were chances that didn't work out. Jauron is proven to be worse then both of them.

Tatonka
01-23-2006, 07:13 AM
wow.. how awful would it be to be wishing we still had TD and MM.. ugh.

:puke:

don137
01-23-2006, 07:21 AM
I also think it was a poor choice. That doesn't mean I am any less of a Bills fan. The facts are the Bills have made some bad choices for coaches lately, Chicago has turned the team around into a very good team within two years of Jauron being let go, Detroit had some good players on there defense yet did not get the most out of its players.
IMO, this is the lowest point I have ever been as a Bills fan. This is worse than Stephenson and Bullough era. The Bills playoff drought will be longer than that era.
I will still cheer them on come Sunday. I am just not happy with what has gone on in the front office the last six years.

Earthquake Enyart
01-23-2006, 07:21 AM

1. Dick was hired late in the year he was first hired. The McCaskeys totally fouled that up. It was widely acknowledged that his first staff was inferior (particularly on offense) for that reason. Plus the McCaskeys were cheaper than Ralph ever was.

2. When the Bears hired Angelo, Angelo never liked Dick. He couldn't wait for Dick to fail so he could get rid of him. Also, one of those bad Dick years was the year that Soldier Field was being redone and the Bears played in Champaign. 16 road games.

3. Jim Miller really was the only half decent QB that they had. When he went down in that playoff game, and in subsequent seasons, they were in trouble. I don't remember if Angelo drafted McNown or not, but when you have a 1st round QB that doesn't pan out, that hurts everyone.

4. See 2

5. He was always better on the defensive side of the ball. As I said before, his first OC in Chicago was Gary Crowton who was a 4 wide guy. :down:

I'm not real happy either, but I want to see what the rest of the coaching staff looks like.

don137
01-23-2006, 07:43 AM
1. Dick was hired late in the year he was first hired. The McCaskeys totally fouled that up. It was widely acknowledged that his first staff was inferior (particularly on offense) for that reason. Plus the McCaskeys were cheaper than Ralph ever was.

2. When the Bears hired Angelo, Angelo never liked Dick. He couldn't wait for Dick to fail so he could get rid of him. Also, one of those bad Dick years was the year that Soldier Field was being redone and the Bears played in Champaign. 16 road games.

3. Jim Miller really was the only half decent QB that they had. When he went down in that playoff game, and in subsequent seasons, they were in trouble. I don't remember if Angelo drafted McNown or not, but when you have a 1st round QB that doesn't pan out, that hurts everyone.

4. See 2

5. He was always better on the defensive side of the ball. As I said before, his first OC in Chicago was Gary Crowton who was a 4 wide guy. :down:

I'm not real happy either, but I want to see what the rest of the coaching staff looks like.

But he did squat in Detroit as well. If you look at the talent Detroit had on defense it wasn't that bad. He didn't get the most out of his players there either...Other than one good year in wish they squeaked by in many games he has done nothing really impressive...Plus Chicago has turned it around once he left..

Earthquake Enyart
01-23-2006, 07:48 AM
But he did squat in Detroit as well. If you look at the talent Detroit had on defense it wasn't that bad. He didn't get the most out of his players there either...Other than one good year in wish they squeaked by in many games he has done nothing really impressive...Plus Chicago has turned it around once he left..
I'm just trying to be fair to the guy. A lot of stuff happened to him in Chicago that was out of his hands.