PDA

View Full Version : Patience brings good things

FirstDownBills
01-23-2006, 07:13 AM
I was thinking about it last night as I was watching the conference championship games, and I realized that all of these head coaches have been with their respective teams for at least four seasons. But here we are, the Buffalo Bills, where coaches are lucky to survive their sophmore season. I'm starting to think our problem lies in the fanbase being way too impatient. I realize we want instant success, but how are we ever going to right this ship if we don't give these coaches a fair amount of time to integrate their system, and get the talent to support it? Also, how does it command any respect from the players? When they all know that he'll be out of here within two years. Would I have liked Sherman? Yes, but I'm willing to not only give my support to Jauron, but also give him time. And I think the rest of you should as well. WELCOME TO BUFFALO DICK!

FirstDownBills
01-23-2006, 07:50 AM
BUMP. Need to spread the message.

madness
01-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Well, at least he has the right name if he starts pissing us off. :snicker:

I'm willing to give him time. I just hope that bit about Clements and Gray in my Billsbacker email isn't true. :mad:

ICE74129
01-23-2006, 08:12 AM
I was thinking about it last night as I was watching the conference championship games, and I realized that all of these head coaches have been with their respective teams for at least four seasons. But here we are, the Buffalo Bills, where coaches are lucky to survive their sophmore season. I'm starting to think our problem lies in the fanbase being way too impatient. I realize we want instant success, but how are we ever going to right this ship if we don't give these coaches a fair amount of time to integrate their system, and get the talent to support it? Also, how does it command any respect from the players? When they all know that he'll be out of here within two years. Would I have liked Sherman? Yes, but I'm willing to not only give my support to Jauron, but also give him time. And I think the rest of you should as well. WELCOME TO BUFFALO DICK!

You are part of the pathetic fanbase that keeps this FAILURE going. 'Hey ralph just gave us SH#@ for a HC and has once and for all cemented us in failure...but hey! It's ok! I will go pay my money to watch this pathetic excuse as a team and give the FAILURE of a HC all of my support'

Nice job lemming.

You jokes feel that running to the Ralph and paying out the arse for a crap team is something special. GROW UP And get a pair already. Let ralph see 40K of empty seats and 50% non renewal on the luxury boxes THEN Ralph will sell the team.

Only after ralph is out of the picture will this team amount to anything.

FirstDownBills
01-23-2006, 08:30 AM
You are part of the pathetic fanbase that keeps this FAILURE going. 'Hey ralph just gave us SH#@ for a HC and has once and for all cemented us in failure...but hey! It's ok! I will go pay my money to watch this pathetic excuse as a team and give the FAILURE of a HC all of my support'

Nice job lemming.

You jokes feel that running to the Ralph and paying out the arse for a crap team is something special. GROW UP And get a pair already. Let ralph see 40K of empty seats and 50% non renewal on the luxury boxes THEN Ralph will sell the team.

:negrep:

madness
01-23-2006, 08:52 AM

Nice job lemming.

This isn't the smack zone. Chill out on the personal attacks and excuse us for trying to be positive in bad times. It's these kind of people who make it through to the good times. The people you represent jump of buildings cuz they can't hack it. :negrep:

OpIv37
01-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Mularkey and Gregg Williams both went BACKWARDS with roughly equal talent to the previous season. I agree that coaching consistency is key to becoming a winning football franchise, but management and fans should NEVER accept a regression (all other things being equal).

This past season, IMO Mularkey proved he was not an NFL-caliber head coach. He f'd up the Losman situation, he lost the team early in the season and had public disputes with veteran players, and his playcalling on both sides of the ball was amateur at best. At times he was calling plays like he was playing touch football at a tailgate before the actual game. He HAD to go.

ICE74129
01-23-2006, 09:02 AM
This isn't the smack zone. Chill out on the personal attacks and excuse us for trying to be positive in bad times. It's these kind of people who make it through to the good times. The people you represent jump of buildings cuz they can't hack it. :negrep:

Hack it? I have 'hacked it' for over 26 years so bite me! And you folks need to understand what a 'personal attack' is before whining about it. You haven't seen a personal attack from me yet, I guarentee it.

There is NOTHING to be positive about. It's time for the homers to GROW UP And not pay ralph wilson another damn dime. Hiring Marv and Jauron proves that ralph just doesnt' give a damn anymore and his PC's are nothing but lip service

madness
01-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Hack it? I have 'hacked it' for over 26 years so bite me! And you folks need to understand what a 'personal attack' is before whining about it. You haven't seen a personal attack from me yet, I guarentee it.

There is NOTHING to be positive about. It's time for the homers to GROW UP And not pay ralph wilson another damn dime. Hiring Marv and Jauron proves that ralph just doesnt' give a damn anymore and his PC's are nothing but lip service

I didn't say you personally couldn't hack it. Oh I get it, instead of attacking FDB personally you just change it to include the postive group of fans who actually want to give a new head coach a fighting chance. How clever.

Meathead
01-23-2006, 09:27 AM
ok everybody that thinks ice is a trou d'âne raise your hand