• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I'm losing faith in Marv already....

Ok, let's try to look at this objectively. Here are the positives about Jauron:
    1. He has HC experience.
    2. He's defensive-minded so hopefully he can play to our strength and revive the struggling D
    3. He had a winning season with a very mediocre team
    4. He's not a pass-happy WCO guy (and hopefully he won't pick one for OC).

And the negatives:
    1. Poor record as a HC (read: not a proven winner like Sherman).
    2. Probably won't do much to help the offense on his own- needs a good coordinator
    3. It shows the NFL good ole' boy network is alive and well. What's the difference between TD bringing in all his Pitt cronies and Marv bringing in all his Chicago cronies? I can't help but think this was a major factor in the decision.

Like it our not, Jauron's the guy now. I'm sick of losing and I hope he does well here and gets this team back on track. But I think he's going to need a good staff to get that done. Fortunately, the Bills retained April and Wyche so the basis is already there.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: I'm losing faith in Marv already....

I'm not saying that you're right, but I have to think if Jauron is not an Ivy Leaguer, then we are talking about Sherman today.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Ok, let's try to look at this objectively. Here are the positives about Jauron:
      1. He has HC experience.
      2. He's defensive-minded so hopefully he can play to our strength and revive the struggling D
      3. He had a winning season with a very mediocre team
      4. He's not a pass-happy WCO guy (and hopefully he won't pick one for OC).

And the negatives:
      2. Probably won't do much to help the offense on his own- needs a good coordinator
      3. It shows the NFL good ole' boy network is alive and well. What's the difference between TD bringing in all his Pitt cronies and Marv bringing in all his Chicago cronies? I can't help but think this was a major factor in the decision.

Like it our not, Jauron's the guy now. I'm sick of losing and I hope he does well here and gets this team back on track. But I think he's going to need a good staff to get that done. Fortunately, the Bills retained April and Wyche so the basis is already there.
      Not that I think Jauron was the right call, but I don't think Sherman was either. The guy couldn't win with a hall of fame quarterback. I would have rather gone with Saunders, Rivera or the Jaguar assistant - name escapes me.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Jauron was Ralphs personal pick as well. The FACT ralph brought him in on his private jet negates any ESPN Speculation about Sherman etc.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
          Jauron was Ralphs personal pick as well. The FACT ralph brought him in on his private jet negates any ESPN Speculation about Sherman etc.
          Right.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
            Maybe ralph wanted to get to know his new HC and it made sense since they were both flying to Buffalo from the same place?
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• realdealryan
              realdealrex
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              And the negatives:
              1. Yes, but keep in mind that Sherman had Favre. Jauron had this list of great NFL quarterbacks:
              Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, Cade McNown, and Shane Matthews.
              2. Fine. What's wrong with letting a coordinator take care of the offense? Just as long as he doesn't start calling the plays halfway through the season.
              3. What's wrong with bringing in someone you are comfortable with? Someone you know. Isn't that how most good job opportunities start for all of us?

You really can't lose faith in Marv until the Bills lose. If they lose.

Or if they bring in like Joe Bugel or Mayor McCheese to run the offense.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by realdealryan
                3. What's wrong with bringing in someone you are comfortable with? Someone you know. Isn't that how most good job opportunities start for all of us?

You really can't lose faith in Marv until the Bills lose. If they lose.

Or if they bring in like Joe Bugel or Mayor McCheese to run the offense.
                Mayor McCheese would have done better than Mularkey. And as far as bringing in someone you are comfortable with- that's what got us Tom Donahoe, Mike Mularkey and Tom Clements- we all know how well that worked out. My concern is that- yet again- friendship won out over coaching ability.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  Maybe ralph wanted to get to know his new HC and it made sense since they were both flying to Buffalo from the same place?
                  utterly preposterous

it is far more reasonable to see this as a massive conspiracy
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• realdealryan
                    realdealrex
                    • Nov 2005

That could be true. We don't know, we're just lowly fans.

My personal opinion is that the Bears and the Packers are two hugely different franchises and the Bears haven't had a good quarterback since Billy Wade. The Packers have been an easier franchise to coach with Favre around (until this year). If Jauron could go 13-3 with Jim Miller at the helm, why not give him a shot? I think we could do worse.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

"Jauron is described by associates as someone who's almost always the smartest person in the room but who never lets anyone know it. "

"Smart. Low-key. Unflappable. Mr. Cool. Loyal. All are words commonly used to describe Jauron. "

comments like these sure make me feel better about him.

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by madness
                        "Jauron is described by associates as someone who's almost always the smartest person in the room but who never lets anyone know it. "

"Smart. Low-key. Unflappable. Mr. Cool. Loyal. All are words commonly used to describe Jauron. "

Either that or he's really Snoopy in disguise.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness

I rather he be called a great coach, a winner, a person who gets the most out of his players, a no nonsense guy who will bring mental toughness...I give a rats tail about Mr. Cool, smart and low key

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by don137
                            I rather he be called a great coach, a winner, a person who gets the most out of his players, a no nonsense guy who will bring mental toughness...I give a rats tail about Mr. Cool, smart and low key
                            I've heard all those things said about him too. Well, all except the winner part.

Comment

Working...
                            X