PDA

View Full Version : Break down Jauron what is bad/good about him

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2006, 09:21 AM
I am hearing a lot of bad things about him but not much as far as reasons/specifics.

LtBillsFan66
01-23-2006, 09:22 AM
I don't think there is anything good about the guy.

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2006, 09:23 AM
What is bad about him then?

Philagape
01-23-2006, 09:24 AM
At every one of his stops in his 21-year NFL coaching career, Jauron has had a reputation for being beloved by his players. He inspires intense loyalty and unity from his team. He is known as a straight shooter and a coach who stresses teaching and takes a positive approach, all traits that Levy embraces.

"He has our total respect, and we play hard for him," said Bears center Olin Kreutz during Jauron's last season in Chicago. "You never see him rattled."

"I loved him and I hate to see him go," said Bears receiver Ahmad Merritt when Jauron was fired by the Bears.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060123/1029146.asp

On the downside, well, results. :ill:

Novacane
01-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Good:

He's not Mike Mularkey

He won coach of the year once

He is smart

Bad:

Everything else

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2006, 09:25 AM
EVERYTHING ELSE WHAT THOUGH?

LtBillsFan66
01-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Bad:
He's not Mike Mularkey. He's worse!

ICE74129
At every one of his stops in his 21-year NFL coaching career, Jauron has had a reputation for being beloved by his players. He inspires intense loyalty and unity from his team. He is known as a straight shooter and a coach who stresses teaching and takes a positive approach, all traits that Levy embraces.

"He has our total respect, and we play hard for him," said Bears center Olin Kreutz during Jauron's last season in Chicago. "You never see him rattled."

"I loved him and I hate to see him go," said Bears receiver Ahmad Merritt when Jauron was fired by the Bears.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060123/1029146.asp

On the downside, well, results. :ill:

Bottom line, players coach that can't win. Goodie for him his players like him. But like the article I linked today to his firing said it was obvious that his players didn't play nearly as hard for him his last two years there as they did during the 13-3 season.

THATHURMANATOR
Why though?

LtBillsFan66
Look at his record with the Bears as HC. Look at what he did with the Lions as DC too.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2006, 09:27 AM
Bad teams, bad offenses.

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2006, 09:28 AM
I know I am not saying wins losses. What are his problems?

Meathead
01-23-2006, 09:29 AM
hes not a team coacher hes a team catcher

LtBillsFan66
HE CAN'T ***** COACH!!!

ICE74129

Wins/ Losses. Nothing else matters.

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2006, 09:30 AM
HE CAN'T ***** COACH!!!
Too vague BF...

Demon
01-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Look at his record with the Bears as HC. Look at what he did with the Lions as DC too.

13-3 and coach of the year. But thats a fluke right?

And Lions DC? My buddy is from Michigan and says he did a great job. Most of their wins this season were results of the good defensive player, despite having to have 3rd and 4th stringers at defensive backs.

The guy is not as bad as some make him to be. I'm excited though, new era, Jouron, Levy, let's see what we do with the draft and who we sign/re-sign.... everyone guarenteed this to be the craziest off-season ever in Buffalo, and no lies, it's been crazy! i gotta say, i havn't been dissappointed yet.

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2006, 09:31 AM
agreed but I am just trying to get a profile on the guy. I will admit that I don't know much about him other than he was the coach of the bears and had one great year and 4 bad years. Why is he bad?

LtBillsFan66
01-23-2006, 09:36 AM
13-3 and coach of the year. But thats a fluke right?

And Lions DC? My buddy is from Michigan and says he did a great job. Most of their wins this season were results of the good defensive player, despite having to have 3rd and 4th stringers at defensive backs.

The guy is not as bad as some make him to be. I'm excited though, new era, Jouron, Levy, let's see what we do with the draft and who we sign/re-sign.... everyone guarenteed this to be the craziest off-season ever in Buffalo, and no lies, it's been crazy! i gotta say, i havn't been dissappointed yet.
Yes a fluke b/c look at the rest of the years. With that logic you can say Mularkey wasn't bad because he had just one losing season.

Novacane
01-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Bad:
He's not Mike Mularkey. He's worse!

I doubt that.

L.A. Playa
01-23-2006, 09:37 AM
lets lookat his teams, he had a greatdefense that ended up getting decimated with injuries, and had 0 offensive talent.

The Bills have more offensive talent on this team than he has ever had to work with. Alot of times you must fail to learn how to succeed. I am not thrilled about Jauron but if he is as smart as they say he haslearned from his past mistakes and is ready to succeed.

The key is who will be the OC and DC and who do theBills bring in to fill their personnell holes in the offseason.

Sherman though a more sexy pick had a great record with great talent, look what happened this year with inuiries and no talent, so I am willing to at least see what he does.

Demon
01-23-2006, 09:37 AM

That's so stupid of a statement i don't even know why i am responding.

Did he have Lee Evans in Chicago? Did he have Willis McGahee in Chicago?

Don't say a coach has stuggled in the past and will stuggle in the future. He did good as a DC and did solid with limited skill in Chicago.

Sherman could have been a strike out too. Some people think Sherman would take us to the glory land for sure. People need to turn off their Madden 06's for a minute and face reality.

LtBillsFan66
01-23-2006, 09:41 AM
That's so stupid of a statement i don't even know why i am responding.

Did he have Lee Evans in Chicago? Did he have Willis McGahee in Chicago?

Don't say a coach has stuggled in the past and will stuggle in the future. He did good as a DC and did solid with limited skill in Chicago.

Sherman could have been a strike out too. Some people think Sherman would take us to the glory land for sure. People need to turn off their Madden 06's for a minute and face reality.
What's his excuse going to be here? Are the Bills a top caliber team talent wise?

I can just imagine a fan of the next team Jauron takes over saying how it isn't fair to judge him because he didn't have the players in Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
It is fair BF.. I like Players post though. The bears really have had 0 talent on Offense when he was there.

Earthquake Enyart
01-23-2006, 09:48 AM
His OC's were terrible. But I don't know how much of it was his doing or the cheapness of the McCaskey's not letting him spend $$ on AC's.