PDA

View Full Version : Live Press Conference

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Can someone once again post what you see/hear? Thanks!

FirstDownBills
01-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Can someone once again post what you see/hear? Thanks!

Ralph is currently standing at the podium, and you can hear loud heavy breathing coming from the mic.

hydro
01-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Seems as though you can watch it on the bills website.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Seems as though you can watch it on the bills website.
I can't behind our work network filter. :(

RedEyE
01-23-2006, 01:20 PM
@ buffalobills.com. Levy expected in 12 minutes.

RedEyE
01-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Marv just stated that FBH was hired as OC.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2006, 01:29 PM
It's time! Anything yet??

RedEyE
01-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Nobody there yet.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Marv just stated that FBH was hired as OC.
She's a DC. :shakeno:

Cleve
01-23-2006, 01:32 PM
2:32 - empty podium - must be running behind schedule. Maybe they're still trying to think of something good to say about Jauron?

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2006, 01:34 PM
He.....looks kinda like Shannahan?

Earthquake Enyart
01-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Maybe the Taurus got a flat on the way back from Danny's. :ill:

Cleve
Ralph - really stammering for words and sounds breathless. Pataki allegedly called to congratulate Ralph on a new head coach.

Saratoga Slim
Enjoy the last few minutes of believing that there is still some chance that Marv paid $5 mil to buy out John Fox's contract and the Jauron thing was all a hoax.

Crazygoo
01-23-2006, 01:36 PM
bad jokes Ralph

The_Philster
Ralph jokes about Jauron going to Yale as opposed to Levy's alma mater of Harvard

Cleve
Ralph trying - and failing - to make another joke - he sounds... confused at best

Devin
Good god, I thought Ralph would never stfu.

madness
01-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Dick thanking Wilson and Marv.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 01:40 PM
He wants to develop a scheme around the personnel...:bf1:

Mr. Miyagi
:cry: It's true!

Devin
Introduced DJ, DJ "great honor...blah blah blah"

Hiring staff, creating schemes based on personell first order of business.

don137
He says he will fix the team. How can fix something that he was never able to fix in his previous jobs?

Cleve
Marv announces Dick Jauron as HC. What a surprise. Apparently, having an Ivy-League education is his primary qualification. . I turned off the conference.

So, if the justification for letting Donahoe go was a losing record - how will they justify hiring Jauron???

Mr. Miyagi
He wants to develop a scheme around the personnel...:bf1:
I don't believe any of that lip service anymore. Show me.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't believe any of that lip service anymore. Show me.
Hey...that's an improvement over the last two head coaches...:idunno:

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey...that's an improvement over the last two head coaches...:idunno:
No, they all said the same thing.

I bet Dickhead coach, I mean Dick headcoach, will say something about "discipliine" and "execution" next.

Historian
01-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Gee....an articulate Coach.

We haven't had one of those in oh...about a decade.

Devin
01-23-2006, 01:45 PM
QB positions are competitive.

Basically QB position will be up for grabs.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 01:45 PM
No...Williams was gonna stick with the WCO even though we didn't have the personnel to run it and Mularkey said we'd be playing smashmouth football...which, maybe to an extent, we had the personnel for...but we needed to make improvements to really run that style but didn't.

don137
01-23-2006, 01:46 PM
I am not impressed at all with what he is saying...DJ said something like if you don't win you will be called a loser....well based on his track record he is a loser

Earthquake Enyart
01-23-2006, 01:48 PM
If you thought Mullarkey was boring, wait until you get a load of Dick!

TheWingHead
01-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I was thinking that also, seems to be avoiding the questions.. But he isnt a public speaker, he is a coach

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 01:49 PM
He admits he doesn't have the info on JP to make a real good opinion.

Record alone doesn't tell anything-Marv

Cleve
01-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I felt sorry for Ralph Wilson - he seemed very confused and fumbling for words and he acted out of breath from just walking up to the podium. He started out with some odd 'joke' about a couple on a European vacation - and the wife saying if it's Tuesday it must be Brussels. "So if it's Monday, it must be a Bills Press Conference". Then, he even asked off-camera aides if it was actually Monday?? :crap: I think I heard one or two brief chuckles - other than that you could hear crickets chirping

Then, to continue the embarrasment, he said something to the effect that the only reservation they had about the new HC was he went to Yale instead of Harvard. I *think* it was supposed to be a joke - but you didn't hear a sound from the audience. More crickets chirping.

Historian
01-23-2006, 01:51 PM
I think Marv is wearing his burial suit, lol

Devin
01-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Marv and Dick knew each other, but were not "friends" before hand. He had a compltley open-mind while interviewing HC canidates.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Villarial said that Jauron was pretty popular around the league...could bring in players

TheWingHead
01-23-2006, 01:52 PM
What do you think? marv takes over when ralph dies?

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 01:53 PM
I think Marv is wearing his burial suit, lol
he does look older than I remember

madness
01-23-2006, 01:54 PM
I can't believe these reporters didn't ask what the bad news was. :mad:

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 01:54 PM
What do you think? marv takes over when ralph dies?
depends on who buys the team

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
I can't believe these reporters didn't ask what the bad news was. :mad:
that was the bad news....that Jauron was Yale instead of Levy's Harvard

don137
01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Villarial said that Jauron was pretty popular around the league...could bring in players
I'll believe it when I see it.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Record alone doesn't tell anything-Marv
:rofl: That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

Yes, Marv, this is the National Football League. Teams are being judged by their records. The more games you win, the better chance you'll win the Championship.

Record is everything.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 01:56 PM
he accepts that he has detractors..."it's all part of it"

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 01:58 PM
:rofl: That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

Yes, Marv, this is the National Football League. Teams are being judged by their records. The more games you win, the better chance you'll win the Championship.

Record is everything.
he meant that in context of hiring a new coach
citing the examples of himself, Bill Belichek, and Mike Shanahan...all of whom had poor records in their stints before the coaching jobs that brought them great success

hydro014
01-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Levy said no Sherman b/c his W-L record dosent mean a thing. He said that Mike had an all pro QB, and a very talented team over the last few years. The other HC candidates did not have the personal when they coached that Sherman had. Thats why W-L records of coaches were not looked at. Also stated that Juron is very respected person in the NFL. Levy also stated that Juron is going to bring in experienced coordinators, i hope so.

Gunzlingr
Now i have to change my Grumpy old Men DVD cover to add Dick's head over Sherman's :(

Mr. Miyagi
He didn't just compared Dick with Bellichick!

TheWingHead
01-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, I guess thats it then, we have a new HC

don137
01-23-2006, 02:08 PM
he meant that in context of hiring a new coach
citing the examples of himself, Bill Belichek, and Mike Shanahan...all of whom had poor records in their stints before the coaching jobs that brought them great success

Yes, but those guys were at least good coordinators...

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 02:13 PM
He didn't just compared Dick with Bellichick!
he just made the statement that many of us here have already made...that a coach having a poor record in one place doesn't mean he can't improve elsewhere

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2006, 02:18 PM
he just made the statement that many of us here have already made...that a coach having a poor record in one place doesn't mean he can't improve elsewhere
So why not bring in Butch Davis? Steve Spurrier? How about Dom Capers?

Records don't mean anything....BS.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Records don't mean anything....BS.didn't say that..just that they don't mean everything in this process....as far as the names you mentioned, did any of them show an interest in the job?

ICE74129
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
didn't say that..just that they don't mean everything in this process....as far as the names you mentioned, did any of them show an interest in the job?
No but a coach with a WINNING record did. I feel that is why Marv brought up the records comment. It wasn't about jauron but moreso he didn't hire a WINNING HC.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 03:00 PM
No but a coach with a WINNING record did. I feel that is why Marv brought up the records comment. It wasn't about jauron but moreso he didn't hire a WINNING HC.
again I ask you...what do you know so much about how great Sherman is compared to Jauron that the rest of us lowly types and Marv and Ralph don't know? maybe there's a lot more to it than record in their eyes...maybe Sherman's downfalls would've cost us more games than he would've won.

ICE74129
01-23-2006, 03:12 PM
again I ask you...what do you know so much about how great Sherman is compared to Jauron that the rest of us lowly types and Marv and Ralph don't know? maybe there's a lot more to it than record in their eyes...maybe Sherman's downfalls would've cost us more games than he would've won.

A winning record vs a losing one. Winning is all that matters and apperantly that has been forgotten at OBD

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 03:14 PM
A winning record vs a losing one. Winning is all that matters and apperantly that has been forgotten at OBD
so basically, Shanahan, Levy, and Belichek shouldn't have been hired at Denver, Buffalo, and New England, respectively...that's what you're saying

ICE74129
01-23-2006, 03:19 PM
so basically, Shanahan, Levy, and Belichek shouldn't have been hired at Denver, Buffalo, and New England, respectively...that's what you're saying

Why do guys like you flat out ignore Bellichicks history? Why? TWO Superbowl winning Defenses under his command when hired. VERY Extenuating circumstances with him in regards to Cleveland. The #2 record in 94. Cleveland was fighting when the ownership up and flat out told the team and the fans they were moving less than mid way though the season. Damn man get the facts straight before using a guy like him as an example. Same with Shanahan.

Levy was as good as he was due to BILL POLIAN handing him an all world team. Damn how many HOF'ers did marv get to coach? The only QB to call his own plays in superbowls? come on man, your arguement is baseless.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Success as a coordinator doesn't translate to success as a head coach...see Williams, Mularkey to name just a few...and I know exactly what happened with Cleveland...one of my best buddies at the time was a Browns fan so I kept close tabs on what was happening. And you're still ignoring my question..why is Sherman such a God to you? A lot of Packers fans were happy to get rid of him

tat2dmike77
01-23-2006, 03:27 PM
[quote=ICE74129]Why do guys like you flat out ignore Bellichicks history? Why? TWO Superbowl winning Defenses under his command when hired. VERY Extenuating circumstances with him in regards to Cleveland. The #2 record in 94. Cleveland was fighting when the ownership up and flat out told the team and the fans they were moving less than mid way though the season. Damn man get the facts straight before using a guy like him as an example. Same with Shanahan.
quote]

Actually Bellichek was hated in cleveland anyway. He couldn't put the product on the field. Yeah the team moving in 94 was a huge distraction i'll give yo that but what baout the other years? BB dug his grave in cleveland when he let Kosar go (big loss {sarcasim}) But in reality he did nothing in cleveland.

Yeah he had 2 SB defenses under his reign i'm not missing that. But i think the point that your missing is. Some fans will believe thatyou can turn it around in a new city. BB did it when he went from cleveland to NE so why can't be done here.

GO ahead and call me stupid or ignorant or just laugh. I can always hope for the best.

FirstDownBills
01-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Why do guys like you flat out ignore Bellichicks history? Why? TWO Superbowl winning Defenses under his command when hired. VERY Extenuating circumstances with him in regards to Cleveland. The #2 record in 94. Cleveland was fighting when the ownership up and flat out told the team and the fans they were moving less than mid way though the season. Damn man get the facts straight before using a guy like him as an example. Same with Shanahan.

Levy was as good as he was due to BILL POLIAN handing him an all world team. Damn how many HOF'ers did marv get to coach? The only QB to call his own plays in superbowls? come on man, your arguement is baseless.

Now, now records mean everything, and Bellichick had a losing record before coming to New England.

madness
01-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Now, now records mean everything, and Bellichick had a losing record before coming to New England.

Marv said it best:

"Records mean something, but I look far beyond the won-lost records," Levy said Monday in introducing Jauron as the Bills' head coach. "I came here with a losing record. Bill Belichick went to New England with a losing record. Mike Shanahan went to Denver off a losing record in Oakland. So record alone doesn't tell it."