PDA

View Full Version : A Bears Fan's Perspective

OpIv37
01-23-2006, 02:09 PM
I asked a buddy of mine who's a Bears fan to give his honest assessment of Jauron and here was his response:

honest opinion.. i think he sucks... he got tons of credit for the Bears 2001 13-3 season and everyone heralded him as an amazing coach... in reality... we weren't that good that year... we had the NFL's easiest schedule because of our **** record the year before and half of those 13 wins were pulled-out-of-our-ass miracles from Mike Brown interceptions and whatnot
Lovie Smith has done more in 1 year as coach that Dick Jauron ever did

so take it for what it's worth, but his general assessment is that the 13-3 year was truly an anomoly and that it was not a good choice to hire Jauron.

DJ is our coach now so I'll root for him, but I must say I'm not impressed with the choice at all.

Mr. Cynical
01-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Just a matter of time....

McBFLO
01-24-2006, 07:04 AM
I guess he sucks then. Cuz if that guy says he sucks, we should just all believe him.

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 07:12 AM
I asked a buddy of mine who's a Bears fan to give his honest assessment of Jauron and here was his response:

so take it for what it's worth, but his general assessment is that the 13-3 year was truly an anomoly and that it was not a good choice to hire Jauron.

DJ is our coach now so I'll root for him, but I must say I'm not impressed with the choice at all.

Funny, I hear that from EVERY Packer, Lions, Bucs (they played them back then) and Bears fan. The other three loved to have Chicago on their schedules.

Also go look at the dink and dunk / Very boring offense he runs. He ran that bubble screen play to death!

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 07:15 AM
I guess he sucks then. Cuz if that guy says he sucks, we should just all believe him.

I tell you what. You find Bears fans that like him and you get 100.00 bucks per fan. I find Bears fans that hated his arse and I get 1.00 per fan....You will end up Owing me money.

OpIv37
01-24-2006, 08:22 AM

but when we tell Miami fans that Mularkey sucks, they should believe us, right?

Touborg
01-24-2006, 08:25 AM
but when we tell Miami fans that Mularkey sucks, they should believe us, right?

Oh we believe that Mularkey sucks as a head coach, no disagreement there.

As an OC though, he's been excellent.

ryjam282
01-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Very true Touborg. He will do good things for you as OC. Capers will make that D solid as usual. Things are looking up for the Fins....Too bad we are going to suck yet again...I can only hope he hires competant and good coordinators.

Night Train
01-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Oh we believe that Mularkey sucks as a head coach, no disagreement there.
As an OC though, he's been excellent.

He was ready to be dumped by Pittsburgh, when TD hired him. That was widely reported. Ken Whisenhunt has been a godsend as the Steelers OC. I bet that's who Al Davis is waiting for.

Touborg
01-24-2006, 08:39 AM
He was ready to be dumped by Pittsburgh, when TD hired him. That was widely reported. Ken Whisenhunt has been a godsend as the Steelers OC. I bet that's who Al Davis is waiting for.

I'm not sure why you'd fire the OC in charge of one of the leagues most productive offenses? Not sure I agree with you there.

Whisenhunt was promoted to run MMs scheme, so I don't understand why you'd be excited about him and not MM.

Results don't lie, and MM produced while an OC.