PDA

View Full Version : Is "family atmosphere" among players important in the NFL?

Meathead
01-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Chris Villarrial, who started 75 games at right guard during Jauron's five-year tenure as the Bears head coach (1999-2003), said (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3574) "I think with a lot of things that have happened during the past two seasons it's evident that we kind of lost that family atmosphere but with these two guys coming back [Marv Levy and Jauron] we're going to get it back."

How important do you think family atmosphere is to the Bills getting back to being a winning team?

Iehoshua
01-23-2006, 04:55 PM
If family atmosphere is similar to the idea of chemistry, then its more smoke-screen.

Teams that win have chemistry because they are winning. The Patriots supposedly had all this chemistry and 'team' attitude. Where did it go when Willie McGinist was verbally lashing Larry Izzo in the loss to Denver? When things go well, everyone get's the 'warm and fuzzy' go-team feeling. When things stink, there is none.

So, if they really want an atmosphere similar to the 90s, they have to do what those teams did.

Win.

The_Philster
01-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Very important...that family atmosphere not only translates to having a better public image for the fans, but to better team unity...something that I've heard of the Super Bowl Bills saying was a big part of why they were so good.

Ferrygoat
01-23-2006, 04:57 PM
I think getting back the "family atmosphere" is huge. When you are willing to do anything, for the guy next to you, the team as a whole will be successful. If you can get 11 guys to play together as one, the team will win games.

Meathead
01-23-2006, 04:57 PM
i meant to make this a simple yes or no poll if anybody wants to do that for me not a biggie

i tried to jettison the thread to make the title less confusing with family atmosphere in the stands (like we were talking about before) but it lived like a flesh eating zombie i couldnt kill lol

Iehoshua
01-23-2006, 04:58 PM
i meant to make this a simple yes or no poll if anybody wants to do that for me not a biggie
I vote no.

If guys take care of business, it doesn't matter if they hold hands or are best friends. If they win, then it all comes together.

Ferrygoat
01-23-2006, 05:00 PM
From experience, i vote yes

Meathead
01-23-2006, 05:03 PM
oh ok i figured out i could change the title but cant make it a poll, looks like it might be a popular poll so maybe it would be better if it was

i feel like a loser for not being able to do a proper poll shut up