PDA

View Full Version : I am over it..

Tatonka
01-23-2006, 11:09 PM
i needed 12 hours to vent..

but i have listened to the full PC and as many have stated.. it is what it is.. DJ is our new HC.. and being pissed isnt gonna change that.. i dont like the hire.. but I am a fan.. as miserable as that has made most of us for as long as we have been fans..

so here is too getting some good coordinators.. grabbing some great FAs.. and to having a great draft!

:cheers:

Throne Logic
01-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Here, here!

Kerr
01-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Join the club. The dissapointment takes a while to leave your system, but eventually, some optimism sinks in.

Tatonka
01-23-2006, 11:27 PM
i have spent a ton of energy today on being really pissed.. too much energy for a damn sport. it is not like they are sending me my superbowl ring the day they get one..

Mr. Cynical
01-24-2006, 12:02 AM
i have spent a ton of energy today on being really pissed.. too much energy for a damn sport. it is not like they are sending me my superbowl ring the day they get one..

True. I'll just make sure not to get my hopes up only to get disappointed....again....for the 6th straight year. It is what is is - a sport that we have no control over.

It's just a shame that this hire is going to end up moving the Bills. That's the worst part.

kgun12
01-24-2006, 12:57 AM

but i have listened to the full PC and as many have stated.. it is what it is.. DJ is our new HC.. and being pissed isnt gonna change that.. i dont like the hire.. but I am a fan.. as miserable as that has made most of us for as long as we have been fans..

so here is too getting some good coordinators.. grabbing some great FAs.. and to having a great draft!

:bf1: :bighug: Now that's the Tatonka I have come to know and appreciate!

Bmax
01-24-2006, 01:17 AM
Tonk a guy like you can't stay mad for long ...Here's a way to always smile...When you get to the point of being totally ticked.. You know the bills draft a 5-8 165 wr again...or a we hire john shoop as off coord ...Go look at that great looking kid of yours and those eyes ...Man that will take your mind of football and put life in the proper perspective...

Bmax...
Ps--
Can you get the kid to wear some bills gear in a pic that VA tech stuff is killing me ....Go buckeyes....

Earthquake Enyart
01-24-2006, 06:14 AM

I'm glad that Phil finally straightened you out. :up:

Tatonka
01-24-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm glad that Phil finally straightened you out. :up:

yeah.. it was that really mean neg he gave me. :couch:

vicmantak
01-24-2006, 06:39 AM
The only way I'm sure Dick Jauron could change our environment is hiring great coaches.

Steve Mariucci is one of his best friends and at least, I hope he will be strongly considered.

Historian
01-24-2006, 07:15 AM
The only way I'm sure Dick Jauron could change our environment is hiring great coaches.

Steve Mariucci is one of his best friends and at least, I hope he will be strongly considered.

Good choice, but don't expect him to be an assistant for very long.

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 07:19 AM

Ah the air of optimism. Right up until he, Marv and co screw up and keep the problem vets, Screw up Free agency, Screw up the draft, and name holcomb the starter of an offense that will be lucky to put up 13-17 points a game.

I figure when we are at the 1/2 mark and either 2-6 or 3-5 fans will finally revolt at OBD. No wait. I forgot that is when we will here 'but we are not mathmatically eliminated' For about 5 more weeks....THEN they revolt!

Earthquake Enyart
01-24-2006, 07:34 AM
yeah.. it was that really mean neg he gave me. :couch:
Phil's mean negs are usually quite funny.

You should see what a hard ass he is in the NOTOS. :snicker:

The_Philster
01-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Phil's mean negs are usually quite funny.

You should see what a hard ass he is in the NOTOS. :snicker:
:couch:

Tatonka
01-24-2006, 08:04 AM
hey ice.. i am not saying i wont be mad if the DC he hires are no name LB coaches from arizona or something..

or that i wont be mad if the first pick of the draft is a slot receiver..

but as of right this moment.. i have said my piece.. i have vented my frustration.. all my friends have called me and laughed in my ear on the phone.. and now all there is to do is HOPE that it doesnt get worse before it gets better.

it gives me a head ache to be that pissed off for that long.

eyedog
01-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Neither Marv nor DJ were my choices but they are what we have. I will give them their chance. I will be watching very closely on the draft. This draft is gonna be huge for the Bills future, they can't F it up per Donandumb.
If they start drafting skill players early then there is trouble again. They must go big early and often.

justasportsfan
01-24-2006, 09:09 AM
Marv always stated, to win games you have to run and stop the run. Two things that TD ignored that got us where we were last year. I'm pretty sure Marv won't ignore the OL like TD did. Marv always spoke highly of Mcnally and I'm sure he'll give Mouse the players he needs unlike TD.

Another thing Marv always pointed out is that coaches have to hire great assistants. I'm sure he'll be part of that process and not just leave it up to the coach to hire unproven assistants like MM did when he brought clements with him or Dick and Shoop.

No doubt that Dick is a mirror image of Marv. Great motivator, players love them but they both needed Oc's and DC's who know their X's and O's because both Marv and Dick didn't.

IMO Dick isn't gonna outsmart or outcoach anyone. He will need coordinators who can do it for them while all he can do is get their players Motivated just like Marv did during his time.

Marv couldn't outsmart/outcoach anyone in any of his SB appearances. That's what scares me about this hiring. Marv needed a great GM to find the players for him. He just knew how to put things together until he faced coaches like Parcells, Gibbs and JJ who knew how to outcoach Him.

Saban and BB have the brains.

Mr. Miyagi
01-24-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm in as well T. :miyagi:

HAMMER
01-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Ah the air of optimism. Right up until he, Marv and co screw up and keep the problem vets, Screw up Free agency, Screw up the draft, and name holcomb the starter of an offense that will be lucky to put up 13-17 points a game.

I figure when we are at the 1/2 mark and either 2-6 or 3-5 fans will finally revolt at OBD. No wait. I forgot that is when we will here 'but we are not mathmatically eliminated' For about 5 more weeks....THEN they revolt!

I have tried to understand your negativity and pessimism. I know it is tough to maintain optimism in the face of the mediocrity we have endured over the last six years. But God man, stop being such a piss ant.