PDA

View Full Version : Bills Send Six To Nfl Europe

TypicalBill
01-25-2003, 11:22 AM
The Buffalo Bills signed six free agents Friday and assigned them to NFL Europe.
They are: Ronald Boldina (6-foot-5, 318 pounds), an offensive lineman from Florida State; Jarrett Ferguson (5-8, 222), a fullback from Virgina Tech who played in four preseason games for the Bills in 2002....

The Full Article (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030125/1024849.asp)

don137
01-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Why wouldn't a player like Travis Brown go to see some game time? It's hard to evaluate a 3rd string QB just via practice and 6 quarters in preseason.

TypicalBill
01-25-2003, 12:44 PM
i agree

WG
01-25-2003, 12:45 PM
I think they tend to send players who haven't proven themselves in any capacity at all. Brown, while not having seen much action, did play a game last year and got some time in preseason. The coaches must be sold enough on him.

The caliber of players you see in the NFL E are the bubble NFL guys that coaches would like to see more from before taking them onto a regular roster. Many, many never get beyond the NFLE.

WG
01-25-2003, 12:48 PM
If we wanna see what Brown can do, then I would suggest playing him w/ the first unit in a couple of preseason games. Last year all he got was scrub playing time when it didn't matter and never, if I'm not mistaken, w/ the entire first unit.

Drew doesn't need the time. He's gonna play the way he always had w/ or w/o PS game time. I say start Brown and VP interchangably for most of the time w/ the first unit. That may happen since Drew has been here now. Last year it was important for him to get into the chemistry before game one, but he's already there now.