PDA

View Full Version : I don't think the starting QB for 06 is on this roster.

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Fearless prediction....the starting QB for the 06 season isn't on this roster.

I feel Marv and Ralph both like JP, I think they both feel he will be a damn good QB someday. The operative word is someday. I don't think they want to wait for him to develop. Holcomb isn't going to get them to the playoffs. He surely isn't getting them past their first game even if we lucked into the playoffs. So I don't feel the starter is on this roster.

I think they attempt to find a younger veteran than holcomb with more upside. Stronger arm, etc. I know of a guy I wouldn't mind in here at all and that is Brad Johonson. For some reason teams just keep passing him by. My brother is a vikes fan so I watched some games with him. He is accurate, Calm, A leader AND Can still put the ball out there 60 yards in bad weather. The man has won a superbowl too. On the other hand you have a guy like Billy Volak that we looked at last year (and should have signed) that is itching to be a starter and has told the titans so.

I think JP's agent and Marv will have a sit down in a few weeks. I think they will allow his agent to go seek a trade. I just don't see him fitting into what Jauron does (*) nor wanting to.

(*) Jauron ran a dink and dunk offense in Chicago. He ran the bubble screen to death :-P

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 08:09 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060124/1034086.asp?tbd1034086.asp

Seems sully agrees that losman isn't what they will be looking for. Look do the right thing for the kid. My God. They aren't going to develop him, let him go somewhere else. All he has done is bust his ass for this franchise. His only problem is inexperience.

Let the kid seek a trade.

And PS. We start Holcomb, we go 6-10 to 7-9 at best. We need a different vet in here.

Forward_Lateral
01-24-2006, 08:33 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060124/1034086.asp?tbd1034086.asp

Seems sully agrees that losman isn't what they will be looking for. Look do the right thing for the kid. My God. They aren't going to develop him, let him go somewhere else. All he has done is bust his ass for this franchise. His only problem is inexperience.

Let the kid seek a trade.

And PS. We start Holcomb, we go 6-10 to 7-9 at best. We need a different vet in here.

No offense, but who do you expect the Bills to bring in? Aaron Brooks? Jeff Garcia? Mike McMahon? Kurt Warner?

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 09:20 AM
No offense, but who do you expect the Bills to bring in? Aaron Brooks? Jeff Garcia? Mike McMahon? Kurt Warner?

Dude I just said, Brad Johnson. He isn't under contract now with the Vikes and wants to start. Billy Volak wants to start and he knows he won't due to the upcoming draft. Matt Schaub is a UFA out of Atlanta I think? There are MANY choices. All of which are better than Holcomb.

Ickybaluky
01-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Brad Johnson is under contract.

Volek is going to start in Tennessee, because McNair has a $50M option in his contract this year and they will have to release him if they can't work out a restructure (it looks like they will be moving on).

Matt Schaub is not only under contract, he only has 2 years in the league and isn't due FA for 2 years.

I don't know where this stuff about Losman not getting a chance is coming from. Just because they want him to earn the starting job? They will keep him and he will get a fair shot.

Also, Holcomb is a solid NFL backup, probably one of the best out there. Sure, you don't want him starting long-term, but he makes a good Frank Reich type.

You need to calm down and think, these mindless rants are counter-productive.

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Isn't this thread pretty much agreeing what you are arguing with Pat about in his thread :idunno:

Spiderweb
01-24-2006, 09:39 AM

I feel Marv and Ralph both like JP, I think they both feel he will be a damn good QB someday. The operative word is someday. I don't think they want to wait for him to develop. Holcomb isn't going to get them to the playoffs. He surely isn't getting them past their first game even if we lucked into the playoffs. So I don't feel the starter is on this roster.

I think they attempt to find a younger veteran than holcomb with more upside. Stronger arm, etc. I know of a guy I wouldn't mind in here at all and that is Brad Johonson. For some reason teams just keep passing him by. My brother is a vikes fan so I watched some games with him. He is accurate, Calm, A leader AND Can still put the ball out there 60 yards in bad weather. The man has won a superbowl too. On the other hand you have a guy like Billy Volak that we looked at last year (and should have signed) that is itching to be a starter and has told the titans so.

I think JP's agent and Marv will have a sit down in a few weeks. I think they will allow his agent to go seek a trade. I just don't see him fitting into what Jauron does (*) nor wanting to.

(*) Jauron ran a dink and dunk offense in Chicago. He ran the bubble screen to death :-P

A younger vet than Holcomb - Brad Johnson? He'll be 38 years olf this year too. To bring in guys like him, and a return of Ted Washington (see TED WASHINGTON thread) would mean we've again picked the wrong HC. We should have had George Allen exhumed.

Our motto would be, no can circle their wheelchairs like the Buffalo Bills.

Patrick76777
01-24-2006, 09:52 AM

YOu just yelled at me in another thread for saying the exact same thing.

Patrick76777
01-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Isn't this thread pretty much agreeing what you are arguing with Pat about in his thread :idunno:

Right!

ParanoidAndroid
01-24-2006, 10:05 AM
More nonsense, dude?
ICE74129...set to ignore

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Brad Johnson is under contract.

Volek is going to start in Tennessee, because McNair has a $50M option in his contract this year and they will have to release him if they can't work out a restructure (it looks like they will be moving on).

Matt Schaub is not only under contract, he only has 2 years in the league and isn't due FA for 2 years.

I don't know where this stuff about Losman not getting a chance is coming from. Just because they want him to earn the starting job? They will keep him and he will get a fair shot.

Also, Holcomb is a solid NFL backup, probably one of the best out there. Sure, you don't want him starting long-term, but he makes a good Frank Reich type.

You need to calm down and think, these mindless rants are counter-productive.

Facts: Brad has an out in his contract and stated on Jim Rome he wants to be a starter and will exercise that option if a team wants him.

Volak will not start as Tenn has already started negotiations to rework McNair's contract. They are debating on Young who SMac wants or possibly Lionart if he is available who Norm Chow wants.

All the talk this season is how Schaub is a RFA this offseason. Now if ESPN, FOX and NFLN are all wrong about this, fine. But the talk has been how Atlanta will have to pay out the butt in order to keep him from jumping teams.

long story short, JP won't get a shot here. just wait and see. Marv and DJ will insert Holcomb as the starter thinking he can carry us to the playoffs, just watch. You are 100% he is a BACKUP and nothing more, but they will start him.

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 10:13 AM
YOu just yelled at me in another thread for saying the exact same thing.

No there is one major difference. I am not a JP hater and dont' rip the kid in my posts. I am a coach myself (QB's and offense) and fully understand that the ONLY Thing wrong with JP is a lack of experience...something he wont' get here.

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 10:14 AM
A younger vet than Holcomb - Brad Johnson? He'll be 38 years olf this year too. To bring in guys like him, and a return of Ted Washington (see TED WASHINGTON thread) would mean we've again picked the wrong HC. We should have had George Allen exhumed.

Our motto would be, no can circle their wheelchairs like the Buffalo Bills.

Actually TW coming back is an immediate upgrade on 1st and 2nd downs against the run or pass. Brad Johnson might be 38 but a much better QB than Holcomb and most starting in this league.

Patrick76777
01-24-2006, 10:22 AM
No there is one major difference. I am not a JP hater and dont' rip the kid in my posts. I am a coach myself (QB's and offense) and fully understand that the ONLY Thing wrong with JP is a lack of experience...something he wont' get here.
I didn’t bash JP in that Thread!

And what level do you coach on? Pro, college, high school, pop warner, Fantasy football?

Ickybaluky
01-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Facts: Brad has an out in his contract and stated on Jim Rome he wants to be a starter and will exercise that option if a team wants him.

According to Brad Childress, he is under contract and not going anywhere. I'm not sure where you heard about an "out" in his contract, but the Vikings don't seem to agree. Brad Johnson may want to start somewhere, but he is under contract.

Volak will not start as Tenn has already started negotiations to rework McNair's contract. They are debating on Young who SMac wants or possibly Lionart if he is available who Norm Chow wants.

Boy, you are all over the board here. The fact is, they can't get rid of Volek unless the McNair situation is settled. If they do work out a contract they could, in theory, trade him, but it isn't likely. Even if McNair is signed, don't they need a good backup considering his injury history? Who knows what will happen in the draft, or even if they get a shot at a QB? They can't get rid of him without another plan in place.

All the talk this season is how Schaub is a RFA this offseason. Now if ESPN, FOX and NFLN are all wrong about this, fine. But the talk has been how Atlanta will have to pay out the butt in order to keep him from jumping teams.

He was drafted 2 years ago and signed a 3-year contract, and the NFLPA shows him (http://www.nflpa.org/Members/playerProfile.asp?ID=35684) as under contract through 2006 at short money. After this season he will be a restricted FA, at which time they can keep him for a tender of less than $2M or receive 1st and 3rd round picks in return. He isn't going anywhere.

Show me a link on ESPN, FOX or NFLN that lists him as a free agent this year.

long story short, JP won't get a shot here. just wait and see. Marv and DJ will insert Holcomb as the starter thinking he can carry us to the playoffs, just watch. You are 100% he is a BACKUP and nothing more, but they will start him.

There is no evidence that J.P. won't get a fair shot, that is just your conjecture and ranting. He will get a chance to win the job, and if he is as good as you think he is then he will be in there.

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 10:30 AM
There is no evidence that J.P. won't get a fair shot, that is just your conjecture and ranting. He will get a chance to win the job, and if he is as good as you think he is then he will be in there.[/quote]

Let me say this again for the 5 billionth time, there is no such thing as a QB competition. It just doesn't happen unless you dont 'have a starter on your roster. Rookie/ first year type guys are the ones you insert and develop.

JP will not get an honest shot this year. In this case you gear the number of snaps with the first string toward who you really want as QB. WHEN JP is taking only 30% of the snaps with the first string this preseason, you will see this truth.

Forward_Lateral
01-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Fact: Brad Johnson and Kelly Holcomb are almost identical. Why bring in a QB that is pretty much the same as what they already have? This is the stupidest thread in the history of threads.

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Fact: Brad Johnson and Kelly Holcomb are almost identical. Why bring in a QB that is pretty much the same as what they already have? This is the stupidest thread in the history of threads.

Have you seen brad play this year? Light years better than holcomb. and BTW...he can throw it 60 years for completions in bad weather unlike holcomb who can't complete a 35 yard pass without it floating into a DB's hands.