PDA

View Full Version : senior bowl talk

djjimkelly
01-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Michigan NT Gabe Watson was the most dominating of the North defensive linemen this afternoon. He shows outstanding initial quickness and power for such a massive player (6-3 1/4, 341). Watson is giving a great effort so far in front of the NFL scouts, but his erratic motor on film will not be forgotten.

ive said it many times so far this year this is the perfect 2nd round pick for the bills we should all pray we draft this guy in second round

Of the three quarterbacks on this roster (Clemson's Charlie Whitehurst, Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler and Penn State's Michael Robinson), Cutler has the strongest arm and Whitehurst has the quickest delivery. Cutler was a bit erratic, but he showed the ability to fit the ball into tight spots and has impressive mobility. Whitehurst is not nearly as mobile and had trouble with his consistency on the deep ball, but he does have very good touch and timing as a passer. It is only one week, but the experience of working with quarterback guru Norm Chow (Titans' offensive coordinator) certainly can't hurt either of these future NFL quarterbacks.

Two separate NFL scouts said they would draft Cutler ahead of USC's Matt Leinart and Texas' Vince Young.

and i find that funny im calling it right now young will be junk!

Bmax
01-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Jessie m. from tenn DT measured at only 6-0 feet...Stovall wr ND 6-4-216...looked ok ...very physical...Brick was measured at 6-5-297.. looked great very cut...Kiwinuka looked good 6-5 258........Deangelo williams a top 15 guy by many measured at 5-8 207....probably dropping his stock .....

Bmax

Tatonka
01-24-2006, 02:16 PM
if we could get an extra pick for nate.. i would love to see deangello williams in a bills uni with a second round pick (assuming that he falls that far.. )

ZacGriffi~82
01-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Everyone knew he was little..no way he doesn't go in the first.

Ferrygoat
01-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Brick handled Kiwanuka all day yesterday, basically *****ed the guy around, today Wiston from Miami looked pretty good and they said hes probably a 2-3 rounder but depending on this week he can maybe fall to the 4-5 round, and Mike Mayock said he would be a steal this late. Santana Moss's little bro also looked pretty good, fast as hell, but not a need for us. Bunkley the DT from Florida St. looked pretty solid too, great explosion and quick feet for being that big.

djjimkelly
01-24-2006, 03:06 PM
whoever was pimping that max jean giles guy has maybe the worst eye for talent on this board i just watch broderick bunkley slap that guy around for the last 10 plays on nfl network

Ferrygoat
01-24-2006, 03:12 PM
whoever was pimping that max jean giles guy has maybe the worst eye for talent on this board i just watch broderick bunkley slap that guy around for the last 10 plays on nfl network
Haha yeah i seen that too, Jean Gilles is huge but cant move his feet

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Michigan NT Gabe Watson was the most dominating of the North defensive linemen this afternoon. He shows outstanding initial quickness and power for such a massive player (6-3 1/4, 341). Watson is giving a great effort so far in front of the NFL scouts, but his erratic motor on film will not be forgotten.

ive said it many times so far this year this is the perfect 2nd round pick for the bills we should all pray we draft this guy in second round

Of the three quarterbacks on this roster (Clemson's Charlie Whitehurst, Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler and Penn State's Michael Robinson), Cutler has the strongest arm and Whitehurst has the quickest delivery. Cutler was a bit erratic, but he showed the ability to fit the ball into tight spots and has impressive mobility. Whitehurst is not nearly as mobile and had trouble with his consistency on the deep ball, but he does have very good touch and timing as a passer. It is only one week, but the experience of working with quarterback guru Norm Chow (Titans' offensive coordinator) certainly can't hurt either of these future NFL quarterbacks.

Two separate NFL scouts said they would draft Cutler ahead of USC's Matt Leinart and Texas' Vince Young.

and i find that funny im calling it right now young will be junk!
I am big on Watson also. I watched him all year and he is solid!

DraftBoy
01-24-2006, 03:25 PM

Well when you base your analysis on one practice you must be correct.

Tatonka
01-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Well when you base your analysis on one practice you must be correct.

:snicker:

ryjam282
01-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Wiston from Miami looked pretty good and they said hes probably a 2-3 rounder but depending on this week he can maybe fall to the 4-5 round, and Mike Mayock said he would be a steal this late. Santana Moss's little bro also looked pretty good, fast as hell, but not a need for us.

Watching my underachieving Canes all year I can chime in here.

Winston is a very solid LT, could be a dominant one but just hasn't looked "all the way back" after the knee injury. I think the further he gets away from the injury he will get back to domination. They were talking about him being the best in the country before it happened. I would love to see us grab him, if we could get him in the 2nd, that would be one of the best picks in franchise history. This guy could be the next Walter Jones, especially if McNally gets a hold of him.

Sinorice Moss can flat out fly. The guy reminds me of Steve Smith. Not that he will be that good in the pro's just meaning, his speed and ability to make the first guy miss. That bubble screen the Canes threw this year was a deadly play with him. Very fast....But, we don't need him at all.

Ferrygoat
01-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Watching my underachieving Canes all year I can chime in here.

Winston is a very solid LT, could be a dominant one but just hasn't looked "all the way back" after the knee injury. I think the further he gets away from the injury he will get back to domination. They were talking about him being the best in the country before it happened. I would love to see us grab him, if we could get him in the 2nd, that would be one of the best picks in franchise history. This guy could be the next Walter Jones, especially if McNally gets a hold of him.

Sinorice Moss can flat out fly. The guy reminds me of Steve Smith. Not that he will be that good in the pro's just meaning, his speed and ability to make the first guy miss. That bubble screen the Canes threw this year was a deadly play with him. Very fast....But, we don't need him at all.
They say sometimes it takes a year or two to recover fully from an injury like the one he suffered. If thats the case, then it should be interesting on how much better this guy gets, if he can continue to get better and return to the form he used to be, the guy will be a monster if you can get him in the later rounds.