PDA

View Full Version : If you want something positive click here

FirstDownBills
01-24-2006, 12:23 PM
http://www.ecnnews.com/cgi-bin/05/snstory.pl?-sec-Sports+1k589g0+fn-kipcol.0124-20060124-+page_1

Jauron knows his stuff. One NFLer told us recently that much of the Bears' success this season was based on defensive schemes that Jauron had implemented before getting fired in 2003. That came two years after being named NFL Coach of the Year, coaching a 13-3 team that matched the club's best win total in history.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060124/1036301.asp

President Michael McCaskey hired him, but was replaced after the McGinnis debacle. The Bears eventually hired Jerry Angelo as general manager and Angelo almost immediately had philosophical differences and an acrimonious relationship with Jauron. There was a lack of trust on both sides and some believe Angelo wanted Jauron to fail so he could bring in his own guy.

I know this won't sway most of your opinions, but at least it's up here for you to see. I know Cynical, and Ice will continue to whine so I don't think they should bother viewing this thread.

casdhf
01-24-2006, 12:33 PM
our defense mirrors the bears, personel wise ... maybe a scheme could work

Mr. Cynical
01-24-2006, 12:36 PM
As DC in Jax, it ranked 19th, 15th, 24th and 25th.
As HC in Chicago it ranked 30th, 16th, 13th, 25th and 12th.
As DC In Detroit it ranked 20th.

Regardless of all the excuses people like to bring up, bottom line is he never had a top 10 defense and the career ranking average of all his defenses is 20th.

So those quotes have no facts to back them up, other than opinions.

tat2dmike77
01-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Thansk for the quotes but

I'm behind Rich till he gives me a reason to dislike him so until then i'm happy about the hire.

FirstDownBills
01-24-2006, 12:41 PM

Regardless of all the excuses people like to bring up, bottom line is he never had a top 10 defense and the career ranking average of all his defenses is 20th.

I told you not to bother reading this thread. You're cynical, what are you doing reading a positive thread? Optimism is mind pollution for you.

Iehoshua
01-24-2006, 12:46 PM
I told you not to bother reading this thread. You're cynical, what are you doing reading a positive thread? Optimism is mind pollution for you.
:rofl:

You've planted the seeds of optimism... Mr. C is contaminated forever.

Mr. Cynical
01-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Optimism is mind pollution for you.

If by optimism you mean this, I agree.

carybillsfan
01-24-2006, 12:51 PM

Defensive rankings are a scam it is based solely by yardage given up, we've been ranked in the top 10 for years and I have not seen our defense take us anyware in the last 10years. Why? because ranks are a bunch of BS, look at points allowed, takeaways and defensive scoring that is the true test of a defense not how many yards they've given up.

Stop with the rankings already!!!!!

FirstDownBills
01-24-2006, 12:53 PM
No, my optimism is not like Kool Aid.

However, your cynic behavior is a lot like this....

http://www.stereokiller.com/bands/bandimages/brokenheartlogo%20copy.jpg

Iehoshua
01-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Defensive rankings are a scam it is based solely by yardage given up, we've been ranked in the top 10 for years and I have not seen our defense take us anyware in the last 10years. Why? because ranks are a bunch of BS, look at points allowed, takeaways and defensive scoring that is the true test of a defense not how many yards they've given up.

Agreed to a point, however you never want your team to rank near the bottom in yardage given up, that's for sure.

Mr. Cynical
01-24-2006, 12:55 PM

Stop with the rankings already!!!!!

If a defense if giving up tons of yards, what happens? The offense never gets on the field and thus can't score points. That makes it awfully hard to win games.

That said, what was Chicago's records when their D was giving up tons of yards?

tonyc37
01-24-2006, 02:23 PM
You are crazy. Our talent on d is no where close to the Bears.They have better DT's and DE'S than we do.Fletcher doesn't even come close to being able to do what Urlacher can do.