PDA

View Full Version : WR Jenkins, Martay

Bert102176
01-25-2003, 01:47 PM
he's a UFA and a very good return man I say more a 4th WR than the 3rd slot but we need a return man.:bling:

TigerJ
01-25-2003, 03:18 PM
Good size/speed combo.

Tatonka
01-25-2003, 06:57 PM
he is a burner too.. definately a decent 3rd wr to spread the field with, imho.

Jeff 311
01-25-2003, 09:41 PM
i still like the idea of getting gasden instead, it gives us a # 3 reciever and takes a weapon away from the fishies :fiedler:

Tatonka
01-25-2003, 10:29 PM
OG is not going back to the dolphins.. they already offered him a contract, and he laughed at the offer..

he wont be back with the phins regardless. he is a slow possesion receiver.. we need a burner.. and one that can return punts and kicks is good too.. cuz charlie rogers sucks butt.

lordofgun
01-25-2003, 10:57 PM
I don't like Gadsden at all. Like Tatonka says, he's slow. Charles Johnson is as good, IMO.

Jeff 311
01-25-2003, 11:03 PM
i dont blame rogers i blame danny bubble gum chewing smith

venis2k1
01-25-2003, 11:13 PM
This is one thing i know is true...Rogers is going to be our return man next year. GW loves him, and he broke the Bills franchise record for return yards. I like the idea of bringing OG in. He could step in and be a good #2 rec. if Reed cant adjust.

clumping platelets
01-26-2003, 05:30 AM
I like the prospect of adding MarTay Jenkins :)

TypicalBill
01-26-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
GW loves him, and he broke the Bills franchise record for return yards.

Thats because our opponents scored too many points against us. I think i read somewhere that we were last in the league at average starting field position.

TypicalBill
01-26-2003, 06:19 AM
Here it is:
"--Improve the return game. Buffalo ranked 30th in both kickoff and punt returns and free agent Charlie Rogers could be replaced. The Bills gained possession of the ball on their opponent's side of the 50 only 17 times, which ranked 28th."

EDS
01-26-2003, 10:34 AM
I think a good replacement would be Marcus Robinson of the Bears - if he is healthy, he could be a real solid addition.

WG
01-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I don't like Gadsden at all. Like Tatonka says, he's slow. Charles Johnson is as good, IMO.

Perhaps, but he's also very big and physical and has excellent hands. He's made some one-handed grabs that have been amazing just like Moulds. He's also good after-the-catch.

I'd like to see us get Darrell Jackson in here. That guy has been very, very good ever since he started playing midway through his first season in Seattle. He may be looking for a starting role though. He's a lesser publicized WR who wouldn't cost as much presumably.

Frank Sanders has always been solid as well, capable of at least the #2 spot and he's used to playing either #2 or #3. He's big too.

Lastly, Derrius Thompson down here on the Skins has talent. He's big as well but he's got some speed and he runs routes very well. I've watched him play much of this past season. W/ the merry-go-round at QB for the Skins it was tough for him to post great numbers, but he'd be an excellent addition. Johnson's OK too. Keep him around as the #3/4.

There're always tons of decent WRs available each year. We'll be fine one way or another.

Tatonka
01-26-2003, 12:25 PM
while i like darrell jackson a ton, he has basically been the number one in seatle since his rookie year. he got hurt this year and koren robinson emerged, but i dont think there is a chance that we get a RESTRICTED FA like him to come here and be a #2 at best, possible number 3... b

but i sure would be happy as hell about it. he can be better than peerless imho.

Bert102176
01-26-2003, 10:41 PM
well I really like Martay Jenkins cause he is a very good return man and is fast and is a good WR, but we really need a return man and Rogers just isn't the guy.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Isnt Ike Hilliard a free agent. I remember hearing he was. His price could be high. But who knows strangers things have happened. Defense first need.