PDA

View Full Version : I need help! Is my car gonna explode??

kinigirly
01-24-2006, 04:30 PM
So as I pull out of the parking lot to go home my car does this sudden jolt forward. Never happened before and freaked me out. I get to a red light and see my engine is overheating, and my car is shaking forwards to backwards like if you see this van a rocking style. I drive home and it sounds off, and the same thing happens at the next red light. I get home and turn the car off for a minute. Then I start it again and the engine is overheating and the engine is revving real funny. Its a 2001 Pontiac Aztek barely driven, and I just got the oil changed Saturday. Am I in big trouble???

honey
01-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Overheating is sometims a signal of a waterpump problem or a head gasket, or even a bad head. I'd get it checked out ASAP. Also, check your oil and see if there is any water in it - if there is, you do have a problem. :idunno:

LtBillsFan66
01-24-2006, 04:35 PM
yes

The_Philster
01-24-2006, 04:36 PM
I asked you about buying that kind of vehicle last night...;)

Seriously, though...that doesn't sound good.....don't start it up again for a while..let it cool down...it definitely sounds like it needs to get into the shop pronto

Dr. Lecter
01-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Have you seen oil under the car at all?

Check the oil. If they left the plug or filter loose you might be screwed.

And check the oil for water or anti-freeze.

Whatever the case do NOT drive it at all anymore. Get it towed. And to a different place than changed your oil and document everything.

honey
01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah, if your oil light came on, you might be in big trouble. Did you smell oil? :sadwalk:

kinigirly
01-24-2006, 04:58 PM
so i haven't noticed an oil leakage. the service engine soon light is on, but i figured that came on cause i needed an oil change, which i got. my mom thinks maybe my engine coolant is low, but a light would pop up on my dashboard for it. i'm gonna go back outside in half an hour and turn the car on again and see what happens. mom works with a mechanic guy so she is gonna ask him in a few.

Ickybaluky
01-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Maybe one of those guys who lives you ruined is getting you back.

honey
01-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Check your coolant and oil before you start your car, girl.

Bill Brasky
01-24-2006, 05:02 PM
So as I pull out of the parking lot to go home my car does this sudden jolt forward.

Sounds like your car is horny.

BlackMetalNinja
01-24-2006, 05:12 PM
or even a bad head.
Sounds like your car is horny.
I think we've found the problem...

kinigirly
01-24-2006, 05:22 PM
lol damn you!! luckily i hit the liquor store before it went weird so i'm ok now. i talked to my dad and he says i'm fully covered and to have it towed to a dealership tomorrow. think i might take a sick day for this........

thanks for the help though...some of you :cynic: