PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see a chance of moving up?

patmoran2006
01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Does anyone see a chance of the Bills moving up in the draft? Packaging the 8th pick and one of the two third rounders could probably move them up to about 3-4 spots higher if they chose.

From what I'm seeing and hearing (not couting YOung, Bush or Leinhart) there are three franchise-impact players going next: Brick, AJ Hawk and Mario Williams (who I would drool to see in a Bills uni).. We pick two spots later. Looks like a choice between Jimmy Williams (CB) the DE from Penn State and Ngota from Oregon at #8.

Also, Am I missing something here? Why is there talk about bringing Nate back. At that kind of money he's the most overated DB in the NFL. He was HORRIBLE this year and that's an understatement.. and trying to tag and trade him is a HUGE risk.. You tag him and he ends up signing that deal he kills a lot of our cap room, which we desperately need to land some hogs on the lines.

THATHURMANATOR
01-24-2006, 04:05 PM
What is the HUGE risk of taggin Nate? The top 5 money would average out to 5.3 Mil. He is worth that much if you ask me.

Ferrygoat
01-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Im not sure if we will have to move up to get one of them big time players, You never know if someone will fly up the board after the senior bowl and combine. There is a strong possibility that Jay Cutler QB from Vandy could climb up the board into the top ten, there is also talk that he may be the best QB in the draft, if him or Deangelo Williams RB from Memphis go in the top 10 there will be a couple of the high impact players left at the #8 spot

T-Long
01-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Tag Nate. He's worth around 5 million
Draft Ngata. He is what we need the most. Especially now with defensively minded Jauron running the show, there is no way he is going to address the offense first.

hydro014
01-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Does anyone see a chance of the Bills moving up in the draft? Packaging the 8th pick and one of the two third rounders could probably move them up to about 3-4 spots higher if they chose.

From what I'm seeing and hearing (not couting YOung, Bush or Leinhart) there are three franchise-impact players going next: Brick, AJ Hawk and Mario Williams (who I would drool to see in a Bills uni).. We pick two spots later. Looks like a choice between Jimmy Williams (CB) the DE from Penn State and Ngota from Oregon at #8.

Also, Am I missing something here? Why is there talk about bringing Nate back. At that kind of money he's the most overated DB in the NFL. He was HORRIBLE this year and that's an understatement.. and trying to tag and trade him is a HUGE risk.. You tag him and he ends up signing that deal he kills a lot of our cap room, which we desperately need to land some hogs on the lines.

As far as i understood it Nate would cost about 5.5 million next yr if we franchise him, for a top coner thats a great deal. IMO, Nate struggled this year b/c lack of pass rush and the crap run D we had. I really think that if we can keep him, get some help on the DL ( a DT through the draft or FA, and a DE on the other side of schobel) we can come back with a solid Defense next year.

Also, i really think that this draft has a lot of talent, which means for a team like ours, the more picks the better. I dont like the idea of moving up in the draft, IMO we should hold the 8th pick and pray that D'Brick, Mario Williams (the guy i want) or HAwk falls to us. If NOT, lets move down and gather some more picks in the 2nd or 3rd round.

RedEyE
01-24-2006, 04:29 PM
If anything I see the Bills trying to move down about 6 notches. Snagging an extra pick, grabbing OG Max Jean-Gilles (http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/maxjeangiles.htm) , tagging Nate, and grabbing a DT in FA.

Mr. Miyagi
01-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Im not sure if we will have to move up to get one of them big time players, You never know if someone will fly up the board after the senior bowl and combine. There is a strong possibility that Jay Cutler QB from Vandy could climb up the board into the top ten, there is also talk that he may be the best QB in the draft, if him or Deangelo Williams RB from Memphis go in the top 10 there will be a couple of the high impact players left at the #8 spot
Yeah I heard the same thing from Chris Mortensen on the radio too. It was actually Chris Simms' idea first. Another player that could jump up is LenDale White. If they both leapfrog that's great for us, one of those 3 (Brick, AJ Hawk and Mario Williams) could fall it us. :naughty:

I'm stoked. :rocker:

Ferrygoat
01-24-2006, 05:02 PM
If anything I see the Bills trying to move down about 6 notches. Snagging an extra pick, grabbing OG Max Jean-Gilles (http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/maxjeangiles.htm) , tagging Nate, and grabbing a DT in FA.\
I dont see us trading down for Jean Gilles, Hes huge, but watchin the senior bowl practice he was dominated by Bunkley from Florida state. They say the problem with him is that he cant move his feet, they way they were talking about him, he kept reminding me of benny anderson

Dont drink the water
01-24-2006, 05:15 PM
If anything I see the Bills trying to move down about 6 notches. Snagging an extra pick, grabbing OG Max Jean-Gilles (http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/maxjeangiles.htm) , tagging Nate, and grabbing a DT in FA.

Agree. Moving down in a draft full of tackles makes sense because the Bills have too many older players and need some young blood.

dolphinssuck
01-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Buffalo certainly needs to go after some defensive help and O line help even if its a lower pick. Id would love to see Mario Williams from NC State come in on the O line. And I agree with bringing in younger players and trying to keep them long term and rid ourselves of some of the age on this team.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-24-2006, 05:37 PM
No way the Bills move up. They are not going to want to pay another top 5 salary that might not work out.

You franchise Nate and it costs upwards of 8 million.

ShadowHawk7
01-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Best post today.

He was actually the best CB in the NFL in 04 in terms of value. He was a shutdown CB with 6 picks and a TD, and was in the top 10 in Punt returns w/ a TD as well.

Obviously this year, he wasn't nearly that good. That's why we franchise him at 5.3 mil and see if it was a fluke or trade him for a stud Olineman or get a 1st rounder.

ShadowHawk7
01-24-2006, 05:41 PM
What is the HUGE risk of taggin Nate? The top 5 money would average out to 5.3 Mil. He is worth that much if you ask me.
Best post today.

He was actually the best CB in the NFL in 04 in terms of value. He was a shutdown CB with 6 picks and a TD, and was in the top 10 in Punt returns w/ a TD as well.

Obviously this year, he wasn't nearly that good. That's why we franchise him at 5.3 mil and see if it was a fluke or trade him for a stud Olineman or get a 1st rounder.

Throne Logic
01-24-2006, 06:18 PM
I don't want to move up. At #8, there will be plenty of great college players to choose from. Not I said "college players". Every single one of those guys picked before and including the #8 spot, can just as easily be a bust as becoming a superstar. I do NOT like the risk-reward of the top 5 picks.

Regarding Clements, I ask you this: If you stuck Nate in this year's draft, where would rank him in the draft order? I'd say he would be a top 10 pick. Considering the money shelled out to these COMPLETELY UNPROVEN top picks, I'd say re-sign Nate instead of drafting a questionable rookie CB.

lordofgun
01-24-2006, 06:37 PM
If anything I see the Bills trying to move down about 6 notches. Snagging an extra pick, grabbing OG Max Jean-Gilles (http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/maxjeangiles.htm) , tagging Nate, and grabbing a DT in FA. Quit trying to be all fancy with your links and crap. We all know you're smart. There. I said it. You're smart. Happy now? Is that what you wanted to hear? :mad: