PDA

View Full Version : Marv on Total Access tonight

Throne Logic
01-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Starting Right Now . . .

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 06:19 PM
LMAO he said nothing we don't know. He also pretty much sealed JP's fate. there will be a 'competition' at QB which is BS. I guess he feels we fans are that damn stupid these days.

There is no such thing. It will be geared to allow Holcomb to win the battle. They will let Holcomb get the meat of the reps with the first string, then JP with the 2nd. When it comes down to it Jauron will cave in like MM and GIVE the job to the guy the VETERANS want and that is holcomb.

We won't win 7 games with holcomb at QB.

Throne Logic
01-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Marv picks Seattle in the SB.

Well, Marv still has the ability to make you feel good about just about any situation. Smooth talker, that Marv. Without the greasy aftertaste.

Throne Logic
01-24-2006, 06:21 PM
LMAO he said nothing we don't know. He also pretty much sealed JP's fate. there will be a 'competition' at QB which is BS. I guess he feels we fans are that damn stupid these days.

There is no such thing. It will be geared to allow Holcomb to win the battle. They will let Holcomb get the meat of the reps with the first string, then JP with the 2nd. When it comes down to it Jauron will cave in like MM and GIVE the job to the guy the VETERANS want and that is holcomb.

Exactly how did you arrive at that conclusion?

BAM
01-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Competition for QB is how it should be, IMO. I think it's a great move. Losman needs to earn it, he did nothing last season to secure the job. :peace:

Typ0
01-24-2006, 06:24 PM

I disagree...the lack of competition for the job is what lost the veterans last season and screwed up the locker room. Let JP work his ass off and come out in training camp and earn the support and respect of the entire team this time by winning the job.

BAM
01-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Good post, Typ0. In Marv we trust.

The_Philster
01-24-2006, 06:27 PM
I think JP will win it myself

Typ0
01-24-2006, 06:31 PM
This is a critical offseason for JP Lossman. I really believe he has the head to really be a competitor in this league...but these early offseasons are critical for him. He better be focused and work his tail off.

Throne Logic
01-24-2006, 06:35 PM
This is a critical offseason for JP Lossman. I really believe he has the head to really be a competitor in this league...but these early offseasons are critical for him. He better be focused and work his tail off.

New coach and new system. I bet he does a repeat of last year and sticks around in Buffalo learning the new system this spring.

It'll be interesting to see if Holcomb does the same.

AndreReed83
01-24-2006, 06:35 PM
We all know JP has the skills to win a QB competition. It's really up to him. As mishandled as the QB situation was last season, there never would have been one if JP had just thrown the ball better once the season started. Better coaching and a better O-line wouldn't hurt.

BAM
01-24-2006, 06:39 PM
I hope J.C... errr... JP wins it too. Afterall, he is the future, not Kelly Holcomb. However, if he does not win, why not let Holcomb take the reigns? Losman obviously has more potential and athletic ability, so IMO if he does not steal the competition, he simply did not want it bad enough.

The_Philster
01-24-2006, 06:41 PM
problem is..if JP doesn't win it...we've wasted a pretty hefty price on him with the draft pick..

BAM
01-24-2006, 06:43 PM
ala Slob Johnson. Oh well, you simply cut your losses and move on. Let the new administration figure it out.

Meathead
01-24-2006, 06:45 PM
an open competition is the right thing to do and frankly im looking forward to it

ill be very happy no matter which guy wins it because i honestly feel we can win with either. id rather it be losman, and think it will be, but holcomb would be more than adequate with a decent supporting cast

the key of course will be the oline. if they dont fix that jp would win the job by default as holcomb would get killed regardless

im4bflo
01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
With the added respect of his players by earning the job, and a better o-line!!!!!
I think JP's much better than Holcomb, when they both get great protection, JP played much better. The games he had to run for his life, shouldn't count.
Being in, and then pulled out, in and out, he's not getting the chance he deserves.
I like JP for his work effort, his strong arm and mobility, and his pissed off attitude of wanting to win so bad! JPD!

madness
JP will win it. He will come in to camp relaxed w/ the extra time off and play his game.

:pray:

Typ0
why do people naturally assume it's going to only be JP VS KH anyway?

Meathead
01-24-2006, 07:04 PM
its going to be very tough to find somebody who can really compete with them, considering both the play level AND the loss theyd have to take if they cut either and theyre not keeping three top qbs

oh theyll probably bring somebody else in but only a phenomenal performance would make them take that hit and what the likelihood of that

Throne Logic
01-24-2006, 07:14 PM

I'm assuming that the money tied up in these two guys will pretty much guarantee that they'll be here. I don't see them bringing in another $1 million+ QB to compete. And cutting one of them would still hurt the CAP space.

Better to spend the money on the O-Line so that we can better assess what we really have for current QB assets.

The_Philster
01-24-2006, 07:21 PM
that's actually a good point to an extent..but I don't see anyone else who'd be brought in to be honest. It does remind me though, of the 97 offseason when all the talk was Collins-Hobert...even though AVP had shown before how capable he was. I even ran into Alex after a game this season and brought that up...I was ticked when he got hurt on his 2nd play that preseason...I'm still convinced he would've won the job over both those 2 schmucks. :mad:

im4bflo
01-24-2006, 07:22 PM
We've got two great QB's, if they would just do what they had planned when they brought them in, Holcomb backup, and get JP, our future, a years experience.
Instead they were jumping all over the place, and nobody got anything out of it.
If they would of stuck to the plan, we'd be all set for next year, but no, we're pretty much where we were last year, and starting over. JPD!

Turf
01-24-2006, 07:26 PM
I would seriously look at upgrading the QB position if Losman isn't starting.

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 09:12 PM
I disagree...the lack of competition for the job is what lost the veterans last season and screwed up the locker room. Let JP work his ass off and come out in training camp and earn the support and respect of the entire team this time by winning the job.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING! ***** get it thorugh your heads already! There is no competition to win.

They don't like JP because he is a vocal leader and won't put up with them 1/2 assing it. When they screw up he puts foot to ass instead of his lips like holcomb.

ICE74129
01-24-2006, 09:16 PM

and help me with this...work his ass off? when the hell has he not? It was all over the fuggin headlines last year how from superbowl weekend till camp he was at OBD. Unlike an eric moulds and several of the veterans that ***** and whine about losman.

He HAS worked his ass off. And got screwed for his effort. I hope the SOB stays away all damn offseason outside of manditory camps. If he is going to get fugged for being here, just stay the hell home.

Mr. Miyagi
01-24-2006, 10:25 PM
I think JP will win it myself
There's no such thing as "winning it". It's not like it's a foot race. "Winning it" is all a matter of subjective opinion. So whoever the coaches want to win, will win.

"Open competition" is all lip service BS.

FirstDownBills
01-24-2006, 10:29 PM

No such thing? Are you some kind of a moron?

FirstDownBills
01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
There's no such thing as "winning it". It's not like it's a foot race. "Winning it" is all a matter of subjective opinion. So whoever the coaches want to win, will win.

I beg to differ.

Typ0
01-24-2006, 10:59 PM
THERE IS NO SUCH THING! ***** get it thorugh your heads already! There is no competition to win.

They don't like JP because he is a vocal leader and won't put up with them 1/2 assing it. When they screw up he puts foot to ass instead of his lips like holcomb.

no not at all....pro football teams never go out there on sundays to win a competition.

The_Philster
01-25-2006, 05:00 AM

no offense, but I think you've been reading too many of ICE's conspiracy theory-type posts

G. Host
01-25-2006, 07:35 AM
no offense, but I think you've been reading too many of ICE's conspiracy theory-type posts

It is not a conspiracy when every one including space aliens and interdimensional beings are out to get you. Occasionally when I hear conspiracy theories I think I am in the middle of an X files episode and that was one series I never liked.

ICE74129
01-25-2006, 07:39 AM
No such thing? Are you some kind of a moron?

No assclown I'm not. I coach and I can tell you there is no such thing as a QB competition unless you dont' have a clear cut starter on your team. And EVERY TIME the coaches lean the comp toward the guy they want to win it or 'like'.

And if you are too stupid to see that, I have some great property to sell you. Send the money then I will tell you about it.

ICE74129
01-25-2006, 07:40 AM
no not at all....pro football teams never go out there on sundays to win a competition.

That was a flat stupid reply. You know what I was talking about.

FirstDownBills
01-25-2006, 09:27 AM
No assclown I'm not. I coach and I can tell you there is no such thing as a QB competition unless you dont' have a clear cut starter on your team. And EVERY TIME the coaches lean the comp toward the guy they want to win it or 'like'.

And if you are too stupid to see that, I have some great property to sell you. Send the money then I will tell you about it.

You must be one terrible coach, and no I'm not interested in your property.