PDA

View Full Version : CONNOLLY OUT 6-8 WEEKS

JD
01-24-2006, 10:00 PM
That's just ****ing great. Once we get a little better with injuries..we get worse... :rolleyes:

chubluv
01-24-2006, 10:02 PM
When did they say that? Was it a clean hip check I wasnt able to watch the game I just heard it on the radio.

JD
01-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Clean check, but right at the knee because it looked like Timmy jumped up a bit. Ruff announced it in the press conference. I hope Briere is back soon..

Typ0
01-24-2006, 11:15 PM
I heard this too...it's terrible news timmy was playing extreemly well. Time to see him kick ass to return from an injury.

SABURZFAN
01-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Clean check, but right at the knee because it looked like Timmy jumped up a bit. Ruff announced it in the press conference.

it didn't appear to be a dirty hit by kaspiraitis.(sp?)connolly was flying down the right side and was checked into the boards.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-24-2006, 11:38 PM
It's OK that's what Rochester is here for. I hope they call up Jiri Novotny I thought he was doing well before the SABRES sent him back down to Rochester. So 6-8 wks is that through Olympic break :question: if so he should be back after the Olympics

JD
01-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Yeah I'm hoping that includes the olympics as well.

SkateZilla
01-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Grade 2 Knee Sprain, 6-8 Weeks, 4-6 If He's A Quick Recoverer.

PUCKER
01-25-2006, 12:56 AM
This sucks.

THATHURMANATOR
01-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Yeah the Olympic break will help out a lot!

Earthquake Enyart
01-25-2006, 08:36 AM
It was almost knee on knee. Typical Kaspiritis cheap shot.

Watching the game last night, i was wondering what kind of "rent a player" we could pick up at the deadline. With Timmy down, maybe we can get a Doug Weight.

SabreEleven
01-25-2006, 08:49 AM
It was almost knee on knee. Typical Kaspiritis cheap shot.

Ruff was pissed cause he thought Kaspiritis went too low with the hit.

Wasn't Kaspiritis the one who THREW the puck in the stands back when the Sabres-Penguins meet in the playoffs a few years back and then scored the game winner like a minute later? The ref got canned after that game.

Earthquake Enyart
01-25-2006, 08:51 AM
One in the same. Dom let that one go in as one final FU to Buffalo before he left.

THATHURMANATOR
01-25-2006, 08:52 AM
It technically was a clean hit but that ****er Kaspeiritus is always trying to take people out! I hate him!

Earthquake Enyart
01-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Next time we play the Rangers, I bet Peters is in the lineup.

SabreEleven
01-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Roby and Razor have thier head up his ass now. I'm starting to hate those two. They justed talked about how GREAT he is. They talked about EVERY Sabres opponent on how great they are and the Sabres would love to this player and that player. I can't watch them anymore.

DMBcrew36
01-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Whether that specific hit was dirty or not, Kasperitis is a scumbag and proves it time after time.

Philagape
01-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Kasparaitis is a dirty player, but this hit was clean. He clearly led with his hip. Connolly hurt his knee because he tried to jump.

Earthquake Enyart
01-25-2006, 09:59 AM
The hit was legal, but it was not clean. There is a difference.

THATHURMANATOR
01-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Kasparaitis is a dirty player, but this hit was clean. He clearly led with his hip. Connolly hurt his knee because he tried to jump.
If he hadn't jumped he probably would have totally blown out the knee because it would have been planted on the ice.

pyrrhonist
01-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Yikes. Attrition has been horrible for Buffalo this season.

We get Dumont back, but on that same night, Timmy goes down. In years past, I'd have cheered for Connolly to be gone, but not this year. In some of the most recent games, he's been one of the hardest working players on the ice. This will hurt.

As for the hit itself, it wasn't a dirty hit. I've seen Kaspar do some dirty things in the past, but this wasn't one of them.

SkateZilla
01-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Yikes. Attrition has been horrible for Buffalo this season.

We get Dumont back, but on that same night, Timmy goes down. In years past, I'd have cheered for Connolly to be gone, but not this year. In some of the most recent games, he's been one of the hardest working players on the ice. This will hurt.

As for the hit itself, it wasn't a dirty hit. I've seen Kaspar do some dirty things in the past, but this wasn't one of them.

According to Barry Melrose,

It wasnt a Dirty Hit, Bu t that type of Checking needs to be banned because 99% of the time it will cause injury

SkateZilla
01-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah the Olympic break will help out a lot!

Yeah Speciially Since he's not on the Olympic Team Anyway

chernobylwraiths
01-25-2006, 06:44 PM
How does one get their hip down to knee height?

Philagape
01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
If he hadn't jumped he probably would have totally blown out the knee because it would have been planted on the ice.

If he hadn't jumped, Kaspar's hip would have got Tim in the midsection or hip and knocked the wind out of him, but his legs would be fine.

helmetguy
01-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Ruff was pissed cause he thought Kaspiritis went too low with the hit.

Wasn't Kaspiritis the one who THREW the puck in the stands back when the Sabres-Penguins meet in the playoffs a few years back and then scored the game winner like a minute later? The ref got canned after that game.
That would be the guy.

Philagape
01-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Hmmmm .... I've watched the hit on Tivo a few times, and now I'm more upset. Connolly really didn't jump ... the force of the hit just made it look like he did. Kaspar is short enough (5-11) that when he squats down, he can't help but hit the legs.

JD
01-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Hmmmm .... I've watched the hit on Tivo a few times, and now I'm more upset. Connolly really didn't jump ... the force of the hit just made it look like he did. Kaspar is short enough (5-11) that when he squats down, he can't help but hit the legs.
I keep visualizing it over and over again.. I mean, think about it...kasperitis was so close to the boards when he hit connolly, usually hip checks happen open ice right?? He couldnt just check him normally? keeping him from the puck??? NO he goes for his legs so in my opinion its one hell of a cheap shot.

Typ0
01-26-2006, 06:21 PM
I wish I had seen this but I was only listening to the game...but from what I've heard we're being biased quite a lot in our opinion of it being a cheap hit.

SabreEleven
01-26-2006, 06:28 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=152258&hubname=