• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Ingtar

what are the chances that we actually do tag and trade Clements? I dont think there will be a shortage of suiters, and as someone else put it "if Jolley brought a 1st rounder, Clements should bring like 3". While thats almost complete sarcasm, it does bear some truth to it.

Just curious if this is a pipe dream or not.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Ingtar

Whatever happens I hope we don't re-sign him. It's Champ Bailey money for Chris Watson play.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

He did play badly last year but years prior he was great! Could his poor play last year have anything to do with no pass rush?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I say tag him and if we get something good in a trade great if not we keep him for another year.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Its his attitude that makes me want to puke. Hes not a leader so he isnt worth that kind of money. You through Champ money at a guy who can lead you on the field and in the locker room. Nate will never be that guy.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I can agree that his attitude isn't the best.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              He did play badly last year but years prior he was great! Could his poor play last year have anything to do with no pass rush?
              no doubt that contributed, but Nate gambles and that's why he got burned this year. Sometimes he was trying to get the INT and got burned deep. Against Chris Chambers, he was trying to avoid the deep play and kept getting burned on the underneath routes. He takes too many chances, and when they work he ends up on Sportscenter and looks like a genius. When they don't, we blow a 21 point lead to a division rival but he doesn't take the blame.

He's just not consistent.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

All corners get burned.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  All corners get burned.
                  but not all corners get eaten alive 5 games in a row like Nate did. He also gave up 220 to Chris Chambers. As bad as Chris Watson was, I don't recall any receiver putting up 220 against him in a single game. No one who makes the mistakes that Nate does is worth Champ Bailey money.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Yes but the 4 years prior he was solid.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Champ Bailey isnt worth Champ Bailey money

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

What does it say about a player when he has his worst season in his contract year? And also, the Bills had excellent QB pressure for 2 1/2 of those previous 4 years- maybe Nate was never that good and was just benefitting from the rest of the team's skills.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

It says that football is a team game. He possibly wasn't as good but I think he is a good corner and wouln't mind keeping him. Who is his replacement King??

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

if we lose him I think we'd need to find another corner via draft/FA. I like King but I don't think he's ready to start.

I'm just saying this team desperately needs OL and DL help and we're very close to the cap as it is. If we re-sign Nate, well I hope you like Justin Bannan and Bennie Anderson as starters cuz there won't be any cap space left for the lines.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                              what are the chances that we actually do tag and trade Clements? I dont think there will be a shortage of suiters, and as someone else put it "if Jolley brought a 1st rounder, Clements should bring like 3". While thats almost complete sarcasm, it does bear some truth to it.

Just curious if this is a pipe dream or not.
                              Doug Jolley wasn't traded for a 1st round pick. He was traded to swap positions in the draft.

The actual trade was:

Jets get Doug Jolley, 2nd (#47), 2 6ths (#182,#185)

Raiders get 1st (#26) and 7th (#230)

Of course, the Jets still got reamed because Jolley isn't that good, but to present it as his being traded for a 1st round pick is misrepresenting the deal.

The franchise-and-trade deal is dangerous for the simple reason the player could just sign the tender when offered, and he is guaranteed that money for the season. You can not remove the franchise designation once the tender is signed, it is guaranteed money. Thus, if a trade cannot be worked out, the Bills would be stuck with the player at a high cap number for 2006, limiting other things they could do under the cap. That is what happened to the Raiders last year with Charles Woodson, whom they franchised in hopes of trading.

Of course, if you can pull it off it is a big plus, since you get something back for a player you weren't going to sign anyway. However, you have to find a team willing to not only surrender draft picks in return, but also willing to meet the players demands for a large contract. That is why the Raiders could not trade Woodson, and they got stuck with him. That choked their cap for the year and prevented them from upgrading their defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X