PDA

View Full Version : the darius kasparaitis bounty fund

doomsdayvirus
01-25-2006, 10:07 AM
anybody want to take up a collection to pay off the $10,000 instigator fine that will be leveled against ruff when one of our boys takes out kasparaitis on march 27th?

i've got $100, we just need 99 more people willing to put up $100.

or 10,000 people willing to put up $1. that's not even a full arena's worth of sabres fans. they should make that a ticket surcharge!

seriously, somebody take this MF out for good before he kills someone!!

buffalofan19
01-25-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't like that hit any more than anybody else, but the reality is that it was a clean hit. Drury going after him right away is about as much as can and should be done. If it was cheap, then it would be a different story, but it wasn't.

CuseJetsFan83
01-25-2006, 03:03 PM
agreed, a viciously clean hit....... its not like it was bertuzzi a few years ago................ some something that blindsided him............... if anything it looked like connolly made things worse by trying to jump to dodge the hit, and it ends up pinning him

SpillerThrills
01-25-2006, 03:29 PM
I believe that if Timmy hadn't jumped then he would have hyper extended the knee even more and made it worse on himself..... that's the view I saw atleast, I could be wrong though

JD
01-25-2006, 05:13 PM
I believe that if Timmy hadn't jumped then he would have hyper extended the knee even more and made it worse on himself..... that's the view I saw atleast, I could be wrong though
Nope, your right :up:

AndreReed83
01-25-2006, 06:26 PM
It was a hybrid of cheap/clean hit. By NHL standards, it's clean. Kaspar still went way low with it, and meant to get his knee. Barry Melrose said today that Kaspar is the only one who still hits like that and with good reason, the hit is meant to hurt someone, always has been. He said the hit needs to be banned because it ends too many careers.

Myers57
01-26-2006, 08:26 PM
do you take paypal?

JD
01-28-2006, 02:13 PM
...interesting...kaspiritis was suspended for taking out dumont a few years ago with an elbow, wow... with the connolly injury now i dont see a reason for not kicking this guys ass!!

The_Philster
01-28-2006, 02:16 PM
That hit was a clean one...but I was listening to WGR this morning and they mentioned how he should've been suspended for that game anyway...as the result of a vicious elbow he threw the night before

JD
01-28-2006, 02:18 PM
He's just known to be a dirty player and should be delt with swiftly.

By the way, anyone have a clip of the hip check??

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-29-2006, 01:25 AM
What are you guys like 10? Taking up a collection for a hockey player, C'mon boys, what the hell is wrong with you?