PDA

View Full Version : Top 8 Players

jdbillsfan
01-25-2006, 11:14 AM
There may have already been a thread like this, but who do you guys think are the top 8 players in the draft?

I wanted to get an idea of who might be available to us or who might fall to us if someone like Cutler or Deangelo is picked in the top 7.

This is who I have:

1. R Bush
2. V. Young
3. M. Leinhart
4. Mario
5. Brick
6. AJ

7. Lendale White

Who would be the best player for us to draft at 8? If anyone one of those guys drop, it would probably be a good pick, but if they don't....

jdbillsfan
01-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Not necessarily in that order

mysticsoto
01-25-2006, 11:17 AM
There may have already been a thread like this, but who do you guys think are the top 8 players in the draft?

I wanted to get an idea of who might be available to us or who might fall to us if someone like Cutler or Deangelo is picked in the top 7.

This is who I have:

1. R Bush
2. V. Young
3. M. Leinhart
4. Mario
5. Brick
6. AJ

7. Lendale White

Who would be the best player for us to draft at 8? If anyone one of those guys drop, it would probably be a good pick, but if they don't....

My choice is:

Brick
Mario

If these 2 are chosen, then maybe Ngata as #3, but I'd be disappointed. I'm worried that Ngata might not be as good as people are making him out to be. It also depends on other things also. If we lose Nate, then Huff or Jimmy Williams go up on the list also. Any FA moves could affect choices, but regardless, if Brick or Mario are available, I think you HAVE to choose them...

carybillsfan
01-25-2006, 11:53 AM
1. Hou- Bush
2. NO- Cutler - he'll prove his worth this weekend when he actually has talent to play with
3. Ten- Young
4. NYJ- Leinart
5. GB- AJ Hawk
6. Oak- Williams
7. SF- Ngata
8. Buf- D'brick

I think D'brick slides to us unless GB trades out of that spot which is a good possibility.

don137
01-25-2006, 12:14 PM
It all depends on need after FA. If we do not sign a DT or DB then Ngata or Huff will be a favorite as long as DBrick and Williams are gone. If Clements stays, we sign a DT in FA and as DBrick and Williams are gone you got to love AJ Hawk if he is available .
I just don't think Levy will go after Jimmy Williams since he seems like an egotistical buffoon that Marv does not care for.

tonyc37
01-25-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't know how many of you saw Ngata play this year,but he palyed the nose tackle position exclusively.The position Pat Williams played and NT are very different.Ngata may be able to adjust,but the Bills have a history of trying to change guys positions or styles from which they played in college with very little success.I try to trade down and pick up extra picks we have a lot of holes to fill and not enough money under the cap to do it in free agency.A lot of teams are hot for Cutler and the rumors are starting to fly that Detroit may take him at 9.We could use that to our advantage.

kgun12
01-25-2006, 02:29 PM
It all depends on need after FA. If we do not sign a DT or DB then Ngata or Huff will be a favorite as long as DBrick and Williams are gone. If Clements stays, we sign a DT in FA and as DBrick and Williams are gone you got to love AJ Hawk if he is available .
I just don't think Levy will go after Jimmy Williams since he seems like an egotistical buffoon that Marv does not care for.

I would agree with this 100%. If we can get a OL or DL or both through FA and AJ Hawk would slip, I think you have to take him. I would consider him even if we didn't get a OL or DL in FA, cause I think he will be a difference maker on defense!

tampabay25690
01-25-2006, 02:46 PM

This is who I have:

1. R Bush
2. V. Young
3. M. Leinhart
4. Mario
5. Brick
6. AJ

7. Lendale White

This is tuff because I think it all depends on all of the teams needs......

#1 by far Reggie Bush
#2 Matt Leinart
#3 Vince Young
#4 Bradsahw
#5 AJ HAWK I would love to see this guy on the Bills
#6 Jimmy williams CB He is a stud
#7 Mario William DE
#8 Mathias Kiawanka DE I think thats how you spell it

FlyingDutchman
01-25-2006, 03:07 PM
You have White waaaaaay too high...Deangelo Willaims will go before him.

patmoran2006
01-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Though there are many holes to fill, in the top 10 I think you need to take the BEST player available, regardless of position.. We learned that lesson by taking WIlliams in 2002 over "not need" players like Roy Williams and Jeremy Shockey.
I'd LOVE to see Brick or AJ fall to us, but I dont see it happening. AJ is a small possibility but Brick is a top five LOCK. Mario Williams would be sweet but he'll be taken by the Jets or Pack.

EDS
01-25-2006, 03:50 PM
I think D'Brick and Mario are pipe dreams, but either would definitely be great if they fell to the Bills. Beyond them, I think it is too early to tell how things shake up. But, I do love the idea of trading down 10 or so spots and getting an extra 2 (although I think such a trade would be very hard to do).

jdbillsfan
01-25-2006, 05:17 PM
I think D'Brick and Mario are pipe dreams, but either would definitely be great if they fell to the Bills. Beyond them, I think it is too early to tell how things shake up. But, I do love the idea of trading down 10 or so spots and getting an extra 2 (although I think such a trade would be very hard to do).

I agree. If the top 7 shakes out like that with Brick, Mario and AJ all gone, I would like to trade down. If Detroit wants Cutler at 9, maybe a team would be willing to trade up to that spot, but I would be surprised.

If we can't trade, would it be crazy to take someone like V. Davis? or should we just stick to our needs with Ngata.

jdbillsfan
01-25-2006, 05:18 PM
You have White waaaaaay too high...Deangelo Willaims will go before him.

You can plug Deangelo in there too, I just thought he might drop because of his height (5'8)

I think another RB either White or Williams will go in the top 7 though. Maybe not....

jdbillsfan
01-25-2006, 05:20 PM
1. Hou- Bush
2. NO- Cutler - he'll prove his worth this weekend when he actually has talent to play with
3. Ten- Young
4. NYJ- Leinart
5. GB- AJ Hawk
6. Oak- Williams
7. SF- Ngata
8. Buf- D'brick

I think D'brick slides to us unless GB trades out of that spot which is a good possibility.

I would be surprised if Ngata went before us.