PDA

View Full Version : The Hire Bates Thread!

Mitchy moo
01-25-2006, 02:33 PM
We'll here's your chance to show your support. If you cannot be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

tat2dmike77
01-25-2006, 02:41 PM
:punk: Hire bates

Mr. Miyagi
01-25-2006, 02:42 PM
http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/8c/06/8b_1_b.JPG

Typ0
01-25-2006, 03:03 PM
http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/8c/06/8b_1_b.JPG

yet another stereotype.

Nublar7
01-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Won't happen unless Wilson is willing to spend a lot of money to get him. Which as we already know he isn't willing to do.

Mr. Miyagi
01-25-2006, 03:14 PM
yet another stereotype.
LOL that's a mannequin silly.

ICE74129
01-25-2006, 04:46 PM
We'll here's your chance to show your support. If you cannot be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

I actually have to back a Scoob thread. HIRE BATES NOW!

Mitchy moo
01-25-2006, 05:22 PM
I actually have to back a Scoob thread. HIRE BATES NOW!

Whoa, this is new. I am feeling better about you already.

ICE74129
01-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Whoa, this is new. I am feeling better about you already.

No biggie it's a damn good thread. Now lets hope mr 'Money is no option' means it. HIRE BATES!

Nublar7
01-25-2006, 07:57 PM
http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4411679

REPORT: Bates Turned Down Big Offer From Rams

Word out of St. Louis is that former Packers defensive coordinator Jim Bates turned down the Rams' offer of more than a million dollars a year to coach the defense. The Post-Dispatch says Bates wanted more money.

The Rams announced Wednesday they hired Jim Haslett to be their defensive coordiantor.

The only NFL teams still needing a defensive coordinator are Houston and Buffalo, and with Dick Jauron now coaching the Bills, he's expected to be in charge of the defense.Unless Buffalo is willing to give Bates over $1 million a year(probably like $1.5 million a year) you can kiss Bates good bye.

Ralph is cheap, so Bates will not be coming to Buffalo. :D

Michael82
01-25-2006, 08:05 PM
http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4411679

REPORT: Bates Turned Down Big Offer From Rams

Unless Buffalo is willing to give Bates over $1 million a year(probably like $1.5 million a year) you can kiss Bates good bye.

Ralph is cheap, so Bates will not be coming to Buffalo. :D
Houston is going to hire someone else. So, where will Bates go? If the Texans fill their spot, the Bills would be the only one in the market for Bates. They would be able to get him for $1 million a year, IMO.

AndreReed83
01-25-2006, 08:21 PM
If Bates decides to go to Houston, oh well. He'll waste away trying to fix one of the worst defenses in the league. Hopefully he goes to Buffalo which has plenty of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

ICE74129
01-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Bates needs to wake the hell up or he will be sitting with no paycheck this year. It's the raiders or us, Houston has passed on him.

Nublar7
01-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Houston is going to hire someone else. So, where will Bates go? If the Texans fill their spot, the Bills would be the only one in the market for Bates. They would be able to get him for $1 million a year, IMO.I think he would sit the year out then take a cheap offer. He is looking for big bucks and a lot of power. If he doesn't get it this year, he will wait to try and get it next year.

AndreReed83
01-25-2006, 09:10 PM
How the hell will sitting a year out help him get a job that pays a lot of money?

Nublar7
01-25-2006, 09:18 PM
How the hell will sitting a year out help him get a job that pays a lot of money?He turned down over $1 million from a Rams team with a lot more talent(As a team) and a front office that actually knows what they are doing. You really think he is going to accept an offer from a team like the Bills who are thin on talent and have an owner and GM who don't seem to know what they are doing?

As good as you guys think your front office and coaches are, the fact is people around the NFL are laughing at Buffalo. Nobody really wants to go there right now. You need to clean house from top to bottom(inlcuding Wilson).

AndreReed83
01-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Thin on talent? Ooookay. And where did I say in my statement that he was going to Buffalo. Quit straying from what I really said. Or is it just because you got caught in your usual Dolphins trolling of the board and didn't know what to do when you needed to give a real opinion.

Btw, I seriously doubt other real NFL front offices are out there laughing at Buffalo, and if they are, that's a bad sign for their team. They have bigger things to focus on.

Nublar7
01-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Thin on talent? Ooookay. And where did I say in my statement that he was going to Buffalo. Quit straying from what I really said. Or is it just because you got caught in your usual Dolphins trolling of the board and didn't know what to do when you needed to give a real opinion.Well, since it looks like Houston and Buffalo are the only options for Bates, that is why I see him sitting the year out. Houston looks like they are going in a different direction, and as I stated before, Bates already turned down a better offer then Buffalo will ever be able to put together. You need to take those rose colored glasses off.

Btw, I seriously doubt other real NFL front offices are out there laughing at Buffalo, and if they are, that's a bad sign for their team. They have bigger things to focus on.Turn on the TV or the radio.

AndreReed83
01-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, since it looks like Houston and Buffalo are the only options for Bates, that is why I see him sitting the year out. Houston looks like they are going in a different direction, and as I stated before, Bates already turned down a better offer then Buffalo will ever be able to put together. You need to take those rose colored glasses off.

Turn on the TV or the radio.

Again, troll. WHERE DID I SAY HE WAS GOING TO BUFFALO? WHERE?! Okay. Your response to EVERYTHING is "Take off the rose colored glasses." I think you accuse everyone of wearing rose colored glasses because you where them yourself.

Again, troll. Answer why sitting out a year would make him more money next season. How? Please, give an opinion that doesn't involved putting words in my mouth or rose colored glasses.

Mitchy moo
01-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Well, since it looks like Houston and Buffalo are the only options for Bates, that is why I see him sitting the year out. Houston looks like they are going in a different direction, and as I stated before, Bates already turned down a better offer then Buffalo will ever be able to put together. You need to take those rose colored glasses off.

Turn on the TV or the radio.

go here to learn about your denial:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=91240

AndreReed83
01-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Plus, I watch ESPN and Foxsports enough, I've yet to see ANYONE laughing at Buffalo, especially front office people. Teams are worried about their OWN offseasons. So, go ahead, pretend they are actually sitting in their offices, laughing at Buffalo. That's the way to run a business...

Nublar7
01-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Plus, I watch ESPN and Foxsports enough, I've yet to see ANYONE laughing at Buffalo, especially front office people. Teams are worried about their OWN offseasons. So, go ahead, pretend they are actually sitting in their offices, laughing at Buffalo. That's the way to run a business...lol. So Jauron was the best hire possible?

AndreReed83
01-25-2006, 09:49 PM
lol. So Jauron was the best hire possible?

You could be a great President, with the way you duck the actual point of statements. I never stated Jauron was the best hire. But give me ONE example of a front office guy going on television or radio and they laughed at Buffalo. And if they did, I feel sorry for them, because they have their own team to worry about.

Mitchy moo
01-25-2006, 09:54 PM
lol. So Jauron was the best hire possible?

No MM was by the dolphins congrats. We appreciate you tampering and stealing him right from us.

By the way:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=91240

This should clear up any Dolphins fans questions.

Nublar7
01-25-2006, 09:58 PM
You could be a great President, with the way you duck the actual point of statements. I never stated Jauron was the best hire. But give me ONE example of a front office guy going on television or radio and they laughed at Buffalo. And if they did, I feel sorry for them, because they have their own team to worry about.I never said a front office person went on the TV or radio and said anything. The media is laughing at you publicly(Local buffalo reporters, ESPN, FoxSports and Sportingnews to name a few). Some have even said that NFL executives and scouts question the moves Ralph and Marv are making. It is very easy to come across an article questioning the moves. Look, with one click of the mouse I found this:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/cs-0601240217jan24,1,5381935.story?coll=cs-football-print

And sure enough, they took the wrong guy. The Golden Boys could have hired Mike Sherman, a proven winner with a strong offensive background and experience as a general manager. Instead, they went with Dick Jauron, who went 11-21 in his last two seasons as the Bears' coach and fielded some of the most inept offenses the league has seen in recent times.

Jauron was an uninspired choice. Levy pushed hard for him. He has a home in Chicago and broadcast Bears games when Jauron was coach.

So much for the notion that Levy, 80 and nine years out of the league, was still "wired in" to today's NFL. When it came time for Levy's first big hire, he took the guy he had watched most often on TV.
The articles and quotes are out there. You just need to leave BillsZone to find them.

AndreReed83
01-25-2006, 10:06 PM
View Post Today, 03:58 AM
Remove user from ignore listNublar7
This message is hidden because Nublar7 is on your ignore list.

:up: :peace:

I was tired of talking to your two best friends: B and S.

Nublar7
01-25-2006, 10:10 PM
View Post Today, 03:58 AM
Remove user from ignore listNublar7
This message is hidden because Nublar7 is on your ignore list.

:up: :peace:Seems like I just owned AndreReed83. :D